Less than half the champions available were used/banned in IPL 5

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDEADP00Lxx View Post
[hide] Click [[Show]] for Complete Champion Stats
I'm clicking it, but nothing's happening...

KamiKhaZix

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
I'm clicking it, but nothing's happening...
You aren't clicking hard enough.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

12-03-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I am actually really proud of our live balance team. Not only were 66 different champions picked, but of the ~40 not played, a large number fit into the following categories:

Clearly tournament viable but just not used (e.g., Kayle, J4, Singed, Hecarim, Sivir, Udyr);
Niche picks that never had a use-case in this event (e.g., Fizz),
Lesser used champs whose players got were either not in attendance or were knocked out early (e.g., Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, Swain); and
Potential breakout stars that none of us would be surprised seeing competitively in a month's time (e.g., Varus, Wu Kong, Syndra).

Major props to the Live team.

Finn the Human

12-03-2012

The day teemo is picked in a pro tourny, is the day I tip my hat to Riot.

BlacksmithAlpha

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I am actually really proud of our live balance team. Not only were 66 different champions picked, but of the ~40 not played, a large number fit into the following categories:

Clearly tournament viable but just not used (e.g., Kayle, J4, Singed, Hecarim, Sivir, Udyr);
Lesser used champs whose players got were either not in attendance or were knocked out early (e.g., Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, Swain); and
Potential breakout stars that none of us would be surprised seeing competitively in a month's time (e.g., Varus, Wu Kong, Syndra).

Who uses fizz/fid/swain in tournies?

i would be very surprised to see a wu or syndra in a tourny in a months time unless there were buffs to them.

KamiKhaZix

12-03-2012

Quote:

I'm calling aphromoo out to play Varus at the first tournament after s3 patch. Balance team does a Hell of a job keeping things as close as they can.

gsai

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordle HoardIer View Post
The day teemo is picked in a pro tourny, is the day I tip my hat to Riot.
AP Teemo mid was used several games in a tournament right before the World Champs but was reliant on the OP DFG.

Borigrad

12-03-2012

Quote:

Oh and where do champions like Malz, Talon, Sejuani, Trundle, Pantheon, Nasus and Veigar fall? Will you finally be the Rioter and Designer to admit these champions are in desperate need of buffs?

Zerglinator

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksmithAlpha View Post
Who uses fizz/fid/swain in tournies?

i would be very surprised to see a wu or syndra in a tourny in a months time unless there were buffs to them.
Tabzz is a major Fizz user. I saw him use him in Tales of the Lane, but he lost. I was hoping to see Fizz though, since Melee Mid Mage Assassins seemed to be in high demand at IPL5.

Zerglinator

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Oh and where do champions like Malz, Talon, Sejuani, Trundle, Pantheon, Nasus and Veigar fall? Will you finally be the Rioter and Designer to admit these champions are in desperate need of buffs?
Aside from, you know, the others who have admitted they need buffs...

123456 ... 12