A few honest questions for you, Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaurok

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Slayer View Post
I don't care about her answers. As long as she works for Riot I just know that she's a piece of ****. This game has wasted billions of productive human life that could've probably made people successful in life
Someone has anger issues.
Nobody is forcing you to play if it is such a waste of time. I'm sure this "game" has wasted a lot of personal time used for (often) entertainment.

Enjoy your soon to be sent ban as I doubt they will accept your rude posts.

Demon Slayer

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurok View Post
Someone has anger issues.
Nobody is forcing you to play if it is such a waste of time. I'm sure this "game" has wasted a lot of personal time used for (often) entertainment.

Enjoy your soon to be sent ban as I doubt they will accept your rude posts.
why would they ban me? I'm gonna uninstall this piece of **** game that ruined my life

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-02-2012
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
I can't answer any of those questions, sorry. I'm purely a Technical QA resource.
I can give some insight into some of these.

Why do you even have a queue ban when you know that things like this can happen and shut players undeserving of this punishment out of the queue?
Because without a queue dodge penalty people would be dodging games like crazy whenever things didn't go their way. Does this sometimes adversely affect people who don't deserve it? Yes. This is not ideal and we work hard make sure it happens as little as possible.

Why does the time ban count for both queues?
I imagine it's an incentives thing. I'd guess players would be much more willing to dodge if they were allowed to continue playing afterwards. You're queuing for ranked and you get a team you don't like. "Oh well I'll just dodge and go play a normal." Ranked dodging is already enough of a problem as it is, this would just make it worse. It sucks spending 8 minutes picking champs only to get sent back into queue.

How do you justify dedicating large amounts of resources to developing champions with fishboobs when your game and servers are constantly having technical issues?

Oh no! There was a big crash on the highway and tons of people are in need of surgery. Quick! Go round up the town dentists and get them into the operating room.

Fun story right? Also ridiculous. Most dentists can't perform open heart surgery. Similarly, the people we hire to make champions (like me) do not necessarily have the skills required to do things that ensure server stability.

It's also not like Riot is keeping me around at the expense of hiring qualified engineers. We've got the resources. Amazing engineers are just very hard to come by. Supply < Demand.

Why is there an ELO deduction when there are one or members on any given team AFK?
Because giving a free loss forgiven to a team with an AFK introduces exploits and incentivises bad behavior.

Got counter picked in lane while playing with friends? Pull your LAN cable. You'll lose elo but at least your buddy won't.

Support feeding and doing poorly? Ensure you don't lose ELO by yelling at him until he AFK's.

Quote:
ya ur a useless piece of shiit
After seeing your season 2 win rate on Kassadin I really have to ask...

Do you even rift?

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post

Do you even rift?
lmao nice one

Demon Slayer

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
I can give some insight into some of these.

Why do you even have a queue ban when you know that things like this can happen and shut players undeserving of this punishment out of the queue?
Because without a queue dodge penalty people would be dodging games like crazy whenever things didn't go their way. Does this sometimes adversely affect people who don't deserve it? Yes. This is not ideal and we work hard make sure it happens as little as possible.

Why does the time ban count for both queues?
I imagine it's an incentives thing. I'd guess players would be much more willing to dodge if they were allowed to continue playing afterwards. You're queuing for ranked and you get a team you don't like. "Oh well I'll just dodge and go play a normal." Ranked dodging is already enough of a problem as it is, this would just make it worse. It sucks spending 8 minutes picking champs only to get sent back into queue.

How do you justify dedicating large amounts of resources to developing champions with fishboobs when your game and servers are constantly having technical issues?

Oh no! There was a big crash on the highway and tons of people are in need of surgery. Quick! Go round up the town dentists and get them into the operating room.

Fun story right? Also ridiculous. Most dentists can't perform open heart surgery. Similarly, the people we hire to make champions (like me) do not necessarily have the skills required to do things that ensure server stability.

It's also not like Riot is keeping me around at the expense of hiring qualified engineers. We've got the resources. Amazing engineers are just very hard to come by. Supply < Demand.

Why is there an ELO deduction when there are one or members on any given team AFK?
Because giving a free loss forgiven to a team with an AFK introduces exploits and incentivises bad behavior.

Got counter picked in lane while playing with friends? Pull your LAN cable. You'll lose elo but at least your buddy won't.

Support feeding and doing poorly? Ensure you don't lose ELO by yelling at him until he AFK's.

Do you even rift?
Yes lets take a serious problem that is affecting millions of humans and turn it into a meme

DempseyRoII

12-02-2012

simple answer to OP's question.

because riot fails.

Ixioran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Thank you for the responses; I appreciate your time.

I'm not saying eliminate it entirely. Perhaps one free dodge, over, say, a week would do justice to honest players who really do disconnect and not outright dodge when they see something they don't like?

I feel some unwarranted disrespect here; you've misunderstood me. I'm an artist myself, and I know I can't do the kinds of things that, say, Damiya does. I don't expect Riot to take artists and move them to tech. What I meant was, why hire an artist over a software engineer in the first place when you're know you're having such issues? You answered that after your metaphor, so, moving on...

I think you're rather cynical when it comes to the playerbase. There are inordinate amount of toxic players, yes, but I honestly feel that the majority is honest and well intended. That being said legitimate disconnections, I would wager, are far more numerous than the conditions you described. Again, this does not have to be an extreme either. You could allow a loss forgiven due to disconnection in X amount of instances over X amount of time as you see fit. In the case of flaming until someone AFKs, then just void the loss forgiven if the AFK detection kicks someone.

Again, thank you for your time.

ploki122

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixioran View Post
Thank you for the responses; I appreciate your time.

I'm not saying eliminate it entirely. Perhaps one free dodge, over, say, a week would do justice to honest players who really do disconnect and not outright dodge when they see something they don't like?
This one makes sense, only felt like keeping it there because well, it helps follow the post...
Quote:

I feel some unwarranted disrespect here; you've misunderstood me. I'm an artist myself, and I know I can't do the kinds of things that, say, Damiya does. I don't expect Riot to take artists and move them to tech. What I meant was, why hire an artist over a software engineer in the first place when you're know you're having such issues? You answered that after your metaphor, so, moving on...
I don't think he means to be disrespectful, it's simply that this has been answered over and over and over already, they are hiring all the qualified people they can, in every single departments...
Quote:

I think you're rather cynical when it comes to the playerbase. There are inordinate amount of toxic players, yes, but I honestly feel that the majority is honest and well intended. That being said legitimate disconnections, I would wager, are far more numerous than the conditions you described. Again, this does not have to be an extreme either. You could allow a loss forgiven due to disconnection in X amount of instances over X amount of time as you see fit. In the case of flaming until someone AFKs, then just void the loss forgiven if the AFK detection kicks someone.

Again, thank you for your time.
The problem with this is that even if only 5% of the playerbase is toxic, that means that you will get 1 toxic player in about half your games... And because you gave them forgivens, they will grief even more... Heck, I do quit my games from times to times, when the game is clearly lost (not score-wise, but coordination-wise... if my team can't group up and keep on getting picked up left and right and we're 2 inhibs down, the game is over), and that I have tried multiple times to surrender to no avail. In those games, if someone is clearly griefing, I choose to leave the game before I go raging on them... having that system up would simply have me be busted by the leaverbuster very frequently (most probably).

Basically, adding the system of loss forgiven won't really enhance anyone's, playing experience... worst case, you lose less than 1 match worth of ELO, which you should, statistically, regain right away (note the statistically).

Now my turn, why does red have more options of BBcode? (notably [link2] and [s])

coffee addict

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
While I can't speak to the questions beyond the scope of the air client, I would like to know a little bit about what you did to make it crash.

You said you were in a ranked lobby; were you running LoLReplay or LolRecorder? Are you on Windows 8?
This is you: "I have nothing to add to this post but I'm a red so upvote me anyway"

Hidden Sanity

12-03-2012

Quote:
Yes lets take a serious problem that is affecting millions of humans and turn it into a meme
If someone truly ruined their lives this game, then they're the one's who ruined it, not Riot. I'm certain they don't condone people spending their rent money on RP or ignoring their children to play the game. But if someone does it; it's their own fault, not Riot's.

If someone speeds; it's their fault, not the car manufactures.
If someone overeats and becomes obese; it's their fault, not the providers of food.
If someone spends their rent money on RP; It's their fault, not Riot's