ARE YOU OF THE FEMALE SPECIES

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. 438 20.03%
I'm a manly man. 1,749 79.97%
Voters: 2187. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you are girls?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statscowski

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaFlower View Post
Aww, that's nice of you.

Oh, more Sunnys than I thought!
Thank you, I'm not used to posting and revealing much about myself like this. After all, this is a public forum and everyone can read what I post. But this reply here made it worth the post. Glad I can be of help.

ZettaFlower

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sins View Post
people tank?
Usually, my friends and I are like "tanks are for wussies" and do an all-out squishy game, and still win... but then we get people that are like RAKDFJSKFJSJ WHERE IS THE TANK

Sins

12-02-2012

tanks are for wussies, all in or afk

Saikaici

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Usually the meta doesn't call for "tanks"

Sure, you need tanky brusiers, sometimes tanks in the form of characters like amumu, alistar, and malphite. However, we usually refer to the "tank" as whatever role they play.For example, amumu most often jungles, ali is support, maphite is top or jungler. Leona is always support.

Most often top and jungle pick up the mantle of "tank" but honestly it's more about initiation. Between me and my friends we haven't had someone say tank in game for a year and a half or so.

If anything, I gauge my team by CC strength.

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-02-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaFlower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
Statistically, only 10% of LoL players are female. That's what Riot said, anyway.
LOL seriously?
well, my curiosity is satisfied
This is correct! The specific % varies a bit from region to region. I haven't checked recently to see if the forum over/under represents, so it's entirely possible that the forum poster population is higher or lower than that.

Sins

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikaici View Post
Usually the meta doesn't call for "tanks"

Sure, you need tanky brusiers, sometimes tanks in the form of characters like amumu, alistar, and malphite. However, we usually refer to the "tank" as whatever role they play.For example, amumu most often jungles, ali is support, maphite is top or jungler. Leona is always support.

Most often top and jungle pick up the mantle of "tank" but honestly it's more about initiation. Between me and my friends we haven't had someone say tank in game for a year and a half or so.

If anything, I gauge my team by CC strength.
idk about you but I know a few crazy jungle Leona's that do some vicious level 3 turret dive ganks

tempnameA461

12-02-2012

Attachment 567929
Emotions?
You mean that stuff women and gays have?

Senario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
This is correct! The specific % varies a bit from region to region. I haven't checked recently to see if the forum over/under represents, so it's entirely possible that the forum poster population is higher or lower than that.
Lies! Lies and slander! 0% of the LoL population are women! lolol ah internet jokes.

Also, reading through comments...women like vlad? Really o-o...I had no idea. And to think I just play as him for the healing/slipperyness/team player ult. Oh and Puns...so many puns waiting to be said.

Morphine

12-02-2012

I'm female. What's up, LoL forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senario View Post
Lies! Lies and slander! 0% of the LoL population are women! lolol ah internet jokes.

Also, reading through comments...women like vlad? Really o-o...I had no idea. And to think I just play as him for the healing/slipperyness/team player ult. Oh and Puns...so many puns waiting to be said.
Screw Vlad. Most imba POS Riot has ever produced. Terrible influence on the game.

Saikaici

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
How many of the users on the forums are actually girls though?

Because assuming the sample space is the players of league(where approx 10% are female), we also have to look at the cases where the player goes on the forums, right?

So this poll gauges P[User == Female |User is on the forums]. Also, trolls that aren't honest. -.-

It's kind of interesting if the gender of players visiting the forums are ~20%(Accounting for trolls selecting female). Of course this makes multiple assumptions...