Blaming strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naramiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-01-2010

When teammates start criticizing each other, unless I think the game's already lost, I'll usually jump in with "Save it for after the game, guys". Doesn't always work, but it sometimes does - people realize on one level that their *****ing does hurt the team... and they do want to win, after all.

Slide

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
You won't find any 'blaming' on this forum, QQ somewhere else please, I happen to know most forumers (especially in the Guides and Strategies) are very newbie friendly. Try the general discussion, where everyone else complains about stuff.
We are?

Since when lol.

You can certainly get help in this forum but it really depends how the trolls are feeling that day.

Calaquendi

10-01-2010

Leeeeeroy Jenkiinnsss!

Evolnemesis

10-01-2010

Anyone that thinks that there is such a thing as THE build/strat for any champion is already a bad player, so you can safely ignore anything they say after that.

You always should adapt your build and strategies to the situation, be ready to get an extra small defensive item early if you need it for example, or use a totally different build based on team matchup. Item builds are NOT set in stone, and many champs can and should be adapting their ability builds to their specific lane matchups. If anyone is calling you a noob because they think your item picks or build choices are wrong, chances are they have no idea what they are talking about, because they are not playing your champ in that particular match.

In my experience, the person blaming, raging and belittling other people usually tends to be one of the team's worst players if not the worst, almost every time ending up with the most deaths even if what they are raging about is other people feeding. This is because they are concentrating more on other people's play (and typing about it) than on their own, and need someone else to blame for the inevitable losses this causes many teams they are in. Just pay them no mind, adapt to the situation, and keep concentrating on your play, safe in the knowledge that they really are just poor players looking to vent their frustration.

Craixis

10-01-2010

/mute is a good counter to idiots...
/ignore (after game, in game client doesn't do it for the server) to ensure you never see them again.

The more you filter, the more likely you'll find players who fit your mentality better, why do you think my $^#%^ing has lowered?

Not all games are May Sunshine and Pony Rides, I can tell you that...

IntFam

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillean GG View Post
I'm having difficulty with one of the most fundamental aspects of LoL: Blaming.

Call me a noob or whatever, but I've just recently caught on to the whole mechanic of singling out players that didn't do as well as others and blaming losses on them and making them feel as bad as possible about themselves. Just to be clear, is the point of this mechanic to chase away new players? I've found that some players like to demoralize their team early on in the game so that they play worse and lose the game, giving them more opportunities to really effectively belittle and frustrate their teammates. I found this to be very creative.

What are your strategies for blaming and ruining others' game experiences? Also, any tips for a newbie so I can be better at making this game suck for as many people as possible? :P

Thanks.
I am entertained and amused by your question, sir.

IntFam

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naramiel View Post
When teammates start criticizing each other, unless I think the game's already lost, I'll usually jump in with "Save it for after the game, guys". Doesn't always work, but it sometimes does - people realize on one level that their *****ing does hurt the team... and they do want to win, after all.
If your teammates turn on each other, 9 times out of 10, the game IS already lost because the overall team's morale takes a sharp decline, as no one wants a whiny, blame-gaming ****** to win, even if it means they don't get a win out of it. I'll throw in my own "save it" comments in game as well when I see it, but it won't fix the damage that the one guy who felt the need to rag on another player has already done.

DoransTroll

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
In my experience, the person blaming, raging and belittling other people usually tends to be one of the team's worst players if not the worst.
I'm usually the one who end up badmouthing my teammate the most.
But that's mainly because I'm the only one that ever use the chat.

My belittling of my teammates usually include, but not limited to;
"Come, I'll tank the tower" (which is always followed by "wtf? Where did everyone go?" when I walk away from the tower with almost no HP after my team ported back home at near full HP after we ace their team)
"b", "b", "b", " BACK UP DAMMMIITT!" (after we just saw 5 people walk into a brush, then our squishy thought it'd be fun to check it with his face)
And especially things like "[insert champ] GO REST NOW" when they are towerhugging against a good diver at 20hp, refusing to move away from the tower (even though I just came over to help D so they can go rest)

Fun time.

Evolnemesis

10-02-2010

LOL.. well, that isn't exactly what I was talking about, you are really just communicating and trying to be helpful, maybe sometimes getting a little frustrated. I've done that too, I meant more like actively trying to make players feel bad about themselves and calling them names or starting giant extended arguments or harangues in game chat about their play or their build.

The types of players that do this are the ones I am mainly talking about. In my experience, a lot of the time they tend to really just be trying to shift the blame from their own bad to mediocre play and almost always spend entirely too much time typing for their own good.

Pretty much, at least in the games I've been in, if I see somebody being a real jerk in chat: constantly attacking someone, arguing/saying stupid stuff, or obnoxiously calling someone a noob, that person is the worst on their team, almost without exception. A fact which I often gleefully remind them of at the end when the scoreboard proves it (hey, I'm a jerk too... I just like winning, and realize that yelling at my teammates during a game is usually not the best way to do that).