Good counter for diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LowRider237

12-02-2012

I have been playing really well mid lux, then diana comes along and 2 shots me level 2. I was wondering for normal and for ranked, who is a solid counter to diana? if any

GilderienTheWise

12-02-2012

Check out championselect.net! You can search for champions that counter or work well with any champion. According to it, Mordekaiser is good against her! Hope this helps

Snipawolfe

12-02-2012

Switch with top lane (bruisers make her cry). Or use Cho'gath. Rumble could probably mess her up too. She dives on him, reply with flamespitter and ult. Right where you want her. The meta is meant to be followed when it works better than the alternative. Diana is an anti-squishy assassin who does especially well against the typical squishy AP mid.

Also, if she is touching you at level 2 and you're Lux, you're doing it wrong. There's no reason for her to get that close to you when you have snares and a slow. If she's that much of a threat early on, put a point in your shield. It blocks 160 damage which is the highest of any shield ability at level 1.

LowRider237

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Switch with top lane (bruisers make her cry). Or use Cho'gath. Rumble could probably mess her up too. She dives on him, reply with flamespitter and ult. Right where you want her. The meta is meant to be followed when it works better than the alternative. Diana is an anti-squishy assassin who does especially well against the typical squishy AP mid.

Also, if she is touching you at level 2 and you're Lux, you're doing it wrong. There's no reason for her to get that close to you when you have snares and a slow. If she's that much of a threat early on, put a point in your shield. It blocks 160 damage which is the highest of any shield ability at level 1.
I typed it wrong. I meant level 6, with her having 2 Dorans rings

Snipawolfe

12-02-2012

Ah. Yeah. That's when her "assassin" part kicks in. Build HP/MR or you'll just feed her every time you go to lane as someone like Lux. There really isn't much you can do outside of dodging skillshots, having your jungler gank/watch your lane, and unloading in her face every time she jumps on you.

Her early game is kinda weak, so if you can, using your ability to auto attack her as a ranged champion is underrated. You don't know what pain in mid lane is until you have to play against an Anivia who has full AD runes because she forgot to change them.

anAmishLady

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Using your ability to auto attack her as a ranged champion is underrated. You don't know what pain in mid lane is until you have to play against an Anivia who has full AD runes because she forgot to change them.
I do this as Ziggs on purpose all the time.... Most dominant early game ever... >:O

I Love Slurpees

12-02-2012

play against her more and see who you matchup well with against her. in my experiences it's been gragas/ad mids/swain

Scruffumz

12-02-2012

Despite people ripping on Heimerdinger, he actually counters Diana. You can't engage on him otherwise turrets just mess you up.

And I'm pretty sure Lux is one of the stronger champions to use against Diana, or anyone melee at that. If you're getting bursted that easily you're not dodging skill shots. Don't waste your skills, otherwise you're open to attacks. As long as you dodge her Q, you shouldn't be dying.

Ferreira Pedro

12-02-2012

I think Diana is broken right now. If i recall correctly, they nerfed her health regen, and that made her a bit worse at jungling. But now people are taking her mid, so that nerf isn't doing much.
Anyway, she is a burst assassin, like Akali or Katarina, but she can be much more tanky and still get the job done.

Tip: dodge her Q, it always goes in the same direction, and Dianas are usually predictable.

Aureline

12-03-2012

Hi there! I'm a frequent Diana player. She's my favorite AP mid at the moment.

Katarina is a tough match-up for Diana. She can jump to you, use her spin, do some damage and get away fairly quickly. The only retaliation she has is her shield.

She has no way to pull Katarina out of her ult except for the E, and most Diana players will blow that in the initial combo.

Morgana is also a tough lane for me when I play Diana. She can pool down the minions you're using to hide behind from her bind. Also, when Diana jumps n her, she can Black Shield herself and ult. If a Diana dives you under your own tower, she is bad and should feel bad. Pop your ult, snare, enjoy.

I agree with Scruff, Heimer is also a tough lane for Diana. And Zyra, too, anyone who can out-zone her zoning Q.