Language Censorship.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mátthew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

I dont get it, Why make it so that you can disable censored language if people are gonna STILL report. You should make an option for people that are natural born trash talkers. Its been apart of sports for a very long time it dates back centuries. Its all apart of a regime to get in your opponents head mentally. I personally think there should be a queue where you cant report for abusive language.Sort of like certain chat rooms on diff websites where this is a room for foul-mouths and trash-talkers.

Edit: Let the downvotes begin.

The Good Guy

12-02-2012

Because it's possible to curse without it being abusive language. For example:

"Damn, I shouldn't have gone in there"

Good!

"You're such a God damn idiot!"

Bad.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-02-2012
1 of 8 Riot Posts

There's a huge distinction between "Yo I think (that football team) isn't as good as everyone says" trash talk and "haha gg nub r*tards" or worse.

Additionally, trash talking between professional teams/athletes is very different from trash talking random people in a non-coordinated team. The latter is almost always an expression of toxic perspectives instead of friendly rivalries.

Koelof

12-02-2012

Riot has stated that cursing, in and of itself, is nothing to worry about.

It's when you're cursing in an abusive, or derogatory manner, to a person or persons.

I would put curse-spammers(****, ****, ****, ****, GOD DAMNIT), or voraciously cursing without a reason in here, too, but I don't know Riot's stance on that. This is a subtance issue, though.

Lord Mátthew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
There's a huge distinction between "Yo I think (that football team) isn't as good as everyone says" trash talk and "haha gg nub r*tards" or worse.

Additionally, trash talking between professional teams/athletes is very different from trash talking random people in a non-coordinated team. The latter is almost always an expression of toxic perspectives instead of friendly rivalries.
Have you ever heard and NFL team close up..? The **** they say is f-in hilarious but also offensive but its all apart of the game.

Datmeth

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koelof View Post
Riot has stated that cursing, in and of itself, is nothing to worry about.

It's when you're cursing in an abusive, or derogatory manner, to a person or persons.

I would put curse-spammers(****, ****, ****, ****, GOD DAMNIT), or voraciously cursing without a reason in here, too, but I don't know Riot's stance on that. This is a subtance issue, though.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM......

I love substances. XD

BigPatches

12-02-2012

Quote:

GG noobs too easy

Dracorya

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohnay View Post
Have you ever heard and NFL team close up..? The **** they say is f-in hilarious but also offensive but its all apart of the game.
Yeah, and the minute the start verbally abusing each other and crossing the line they get slapped with punishments.

Your point?

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-02-2012
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohnay View Post
Not as such, but again, trash talking between professionals != verbally abusing random people.

Iifa

12-02-2012

Quote:

"Being a jerk" should be against the rules, but I don't understand how saying a bunch of curse words in one line without anything else is offensive at all; if it's offensive, you need to put your filter on. If it's not, then it doesn't matter.

1234511 ... 18