Launcher is saying that the server status is "undefined", can't log into League...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axxlon

12-02-2012

EDIT: This, apparently, must happen after every new patch because after the most recent patch, it just started happening again. Thus, the reason why I haven't bumped this again until now.

HEY WRENCHMEN. ANY OF YOU WANNA HELP ME OUT PLEASE?

As of yesterday, whenever I open up the league launcher in an attempt to log into the game, the Play button to the side is greyed out because for some reason, under where is says my server name (North America), where it displays the status of that server, instead of saying "ONLINE" in green letters, or "UNAVAILABLE" in red letters, ...it just says "undefined" in lower-case red letters.

On top of that, in the area where the main website's latest news is normally shown, there is literally nothing except blank black space. It almost feels like it can't connect to the server or something?? Quite frankly, I don't even know what to make of all this... o_O

Oh yeah, and neither resetting my internet connection, restarting my PC or running a client repair fixes this.

EDIT: Apparently, typing "thereisnourflevel" with the launcher causes the play button to become active and the status to automatically change to ONLINE. Now obviously, judging by the content of that code, it's obviously just some debug code or whatever to force access. I'm actually looking for a way to resolve this issue. That is, an actual fix.

EI Salchicha

12-02-2012

Hola, he traducido esto ya que mi ingles es malo.

A mi me pasa lo mismo, pero para poder entrar tengo que escribir lo siguiente en el launcher, "thereisnourflevel" sin las comillas, creo que esto es temporal ya que cada vez que inicio LoL me pasa lo mismo, he intentado reinstalando el LoL, reinstalando Adobe AIR pero todo sigue igual... tambien necesito ayuda.

Hello, I have translated this as my English is bad.

Happens to me as well, but I have to enter to write the following in the launcher, "thereisnourflevel" without the quotes, I think this is temporary because every time I start LoL I feel the same, I tried reinstalling LoL, Adobe AIR reinstalling but nothing changes ... also need help

Axxlon

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EI Salchicha View Post
Happens to me as well, but I have to enter to write the following in the launcher, "thereisnourflevel" without the quotes, I think this is temporary because every time I start LoL I feel the same, I tried reinstalling LoL, Adobe AIR reinstalling but nothing changes ... also need help
Holy ****. I didn't actually expect that to work. I just opened the launcher and typed those letters and then the play button suddenly lit up and the status changed to "ONLINE" in green letters. o_O

LOL XD

But yeah no seriously. I'd like an actual fix for this, just as you would.

Axxlon

12-02-2012

Bump for hopefully informative red post.

Axxlon

12-03-2012

Bump for hopefully informative red post #2.

Axxlon

12-03-2012

Bump for hopefully informative red post #3.

Axxlon

12-07-2012

Bump for hopefully informative red post #4. Started happening again after the new patch.

Axxlon

12-07-2012

Bump for hopefully informative red post #5.

Axxlon

12-13-2012

Bump for hopefully informative red post #6.

Just so we're clear, every time I bump this thread after a long period of time (more than 2 days), it means that the problem came back and that i'm looking to YOU, the Riot Wrenchmen, for information on why this would be happening, as well as hopefully a way to prevent this from happening again.

Scoteecopter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

When it says "undefined" it means it was able to retrieve a status from the server. The fact that it won't even load news implies that it is having an issue connecting at all. My first thought is that you may be having an issue with your firewall. If it happens every time you patch, your firewall may be seeing it as a brand new program and not allowing Internet access.

I know this is the usual go to response, but have you attempted completely uninstalling League and doing a fresh install?