Honor initiative rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antimony04

11-17-2012

If it's any consolation, the honor system in Utopia is definitely less consistent than this game. :-/

Akunza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

I have 43 for Teamwork and 35 for Honorable Opponents but still have yet to be rewarded a ribbon for either. Is it based on Player's attitude or game play??

Aeshura

12-01-2012

So you can't have more than one ribbon. I don't want honorable opponent

Desperate Izzy

12-01-2012

like a lot of people said there is no set amount to get the ribbon, i always thought so but it's about frequency and or consistency of being honored. For example if you get honored 5 times in a row you might end up with the honorable badge.

Fenji

12-29-2012

I have to say, overall, riot games has done an amazing job of promoting friendly gaming. because of this, a majority of the time I have a good time playing LoL even if i am sucking ass. When I am sucking I usually get help immediately after the game either in post-game chat or even because people who are lvl. 30 and ranked have friended me purely to help me out and teach me. I have found this in no other game, accept maybe dark souls on PS3. I have to say mad props to Riot Games, I hope they have success in every future game or endeavor, just because they have created an awesome game, with and awesome environment, and an awesome group of players. what more can I or anyone else ask for? I think that the Honor System has helped provide more support for Riot's friendly gaming design by putting focus on not being a troll or an *******, and I respect that. I can honestly say if Riot comes out with another game, I will buy it purely based on the fact that I will enjoy joining a new community of people who have so few trolls and jerks.

FYI: I am a brony, and will love and tolerate the **** outa you.

EDIT: btw as a perk for winning/maintaining honor badges maybe Riot could make special "Honorable skins" available for purchase/reword

EDIT 2.0: Just thought of this, maybe Riot could allow for a certain number of runes to be "empowered." By that I mean you can have a certain number of runes you can make slightly more powerful based on your honor, or you could earn more "empowered" runes by maintaining honorable status. As a programmer I can see how this would be possible, though honor farming algorithms might have to be reinforced or changed. I would really like to see what everyone else thinks about this. Even in world cup games this could effect how much players focus on being agreeable or "honorable" players. I would even respect professional teams more if they focused on being good people and players. just look at Moscow 5's attitude in the last tournament? Think about the commentators talking about not only champion choice, builds, and items but which runes the players have "empowered" and whether or not they can "empower runes" to change the outcome of the next match? I think this could promote more friendly gaming and even make championship matches more intricate and special.

NightFury1420

01-16-2013

For some reason i got a green ribbon when i had 16 friendly, 4 helpful and 36 teamwork

SeCKS Egai

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBlade View Post
I think that currently this honor initiative is kind of silly.
I've seen 'friendly' banded people who were actually not so nice or friendly.
And an 'honorable opponent' band who spammed chat.

Unless these bands are to parody the crudeness of the player. I'm not sure it's working just yet.
It still has some kinks for sure.

The thing about honorable opponent is if they never spoke out of team chat and fought well I'd be inclined to reward them. However, for all I know they could be berating their teammates and unless they said something in chat I'd never know.

It's definitely based on frequency vs amount - It took me quite a while to acquire the teamwork badge, and many games I played people didn't reward. In fact, I had no idea about the system until someone rewarded me randomly one day.

SeCKS Egai

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshura View Post
So you can't have more than one ribbon. I don't want honorable opponent
I'm pretty sure that's the most common, so if you earn one of the rarer types it will show instead of honorable opponent.

Timammoth

01-17-2013

i had the teamwork badge but after pre season updates it disapeared then i just had the honorable one again. And i have never heard of any1 gaining badges after the pre season update. But people seem to keep forgetting about the system anyway. As it becomes less mobile with nothing happening to it. Riot kinda needs to fix this. its useless

Somnker

05-20-2013

How i get Great mentor ribbon