Any Big Akali Mid Players Have Advice ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eliroo

11-30-2012

Pre six will be a battle for you, Start with Q first so you can last hit if you are zoned and then pick up W second so you can get some relief to last hit/ harass without taking any trades your self. When you turn level 6 the lane should essentially be yours if you are against a squishy AP.

Here is how you do it:

Throw a Q, Wait a few seconds (Let the Mark linger but don't let it go away), after waiting a few R> Auto> Q > Auto > Shroud ( To avoid minion harass + Counter harass) most of the time this will take them down sub 50% health.

Always buy wards, wards wards and more wards. the more pressure you can put on your lane the better you will be.

-Push your lane hard and then roam to other lanes to provide more pressure for your team and pick up some kills.

-Farm farm farm! If you aren't fed kills you need those minion kills for money.

Items are pretty situational, I haven't played Akali a lot since the meta changed around a bit but I used to build Hextech Revolved first > Sorc boots > Rylai's just for that sustain, mpen and slow. With the potion meta though I hear that people are having a lot of success with starting with Haunting Guise which I think would make a nice item too!

Grann Brigitte

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormylar View Post
Yea, so what?
In S1, damage runes were waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than they are now

DarkTemplar99

11-30-2012

The problem with the way people play her is that their item build revolves aroud having her shroud to survive. Try to play her without her invisibility and focus on early game health regeneration and MR items and an extra point into her q or w.

You can burst the enemy squishy carry in one full combo even without any damage items. You Just have to survive long enough to do it.

Magik

11-30-2012

go defensive in runes

i have flat MR blues, hp/lvl (flat works against a very aggressive jungler/mid combo that will give you trouble pre6), 7 ad reds, 2 mp reds, and flat ap quints

i go 21/9/0 to get masteries and runes for her passives, and defense for laning

some lanres you can beat pre6, as akalis q and proc can hurt a lot. most mids will out range her and harass her from range

when you have lanes like this, use q and w to farm, dont be aggressive unless you know you can outplay them. at 6 u can trounce most mids, you really dont need to risk playing aggressive pre6 and losing farm and dying

i get gunblade first, it gives a lot of beneficial stats, lots of dmg, and a huge nuke

she has multiple itemization paths. rylais helps with chasing and gives hp for teams with cc that can nuke you. ga really helps assassins stick around to clean up. abyssal is strong in conjunction with ga as it makes akali very tanky. lich bane can do great dmg with akalis low cds and easiness to proc it

dcap is basically a must when you need dmg

sometimes i get haunting guise early. its very underrated and gives hp, which is strong early-late, mpen, very powerful stat for assassins, and ap. its very good for snowballing and will upgrade in the s3 patch to liandry's torment

sorc shoes will help you dominate lane if you wont need the xtra tankiness or cc reduction

a tiny ant

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grann Brigitte View Post
In S1, damage runes were waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than they are now
Define damage runes?

I'm pretty sure flat AP runes got a buff a while ago, and ArPen has always been stronger than flat AD.

Flat AD is used for lasthitting and nothing more. Also, there are hybrid pen runes which are good on Akali as well.
It's good to unlock both of your passives at level 1, but you can fill the rest up with double pen.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grann Brigitte View Post
Post full of disinformation
Yep, apparently you don't know how either character plays, their builds and actual numbers.

So good luck with that and enjoy the sheeple.

Parmesian

11-30-2012

Akali can beat all the meta champs currently. The only champ Akali has issues with are zone control champs such as Zyra. A well played Akali can devastate Orianna, Diana, and Katarina. You just play safe til 6, poking with q and using your shroud to zone them off creeps. Once you get sorc boots you can roam or kill your lane opponent. I then get a haunting guise followed by gunblade and then GA. Good luck!

Parmesian

11-30-2012

Also go 21/9/0 getting mostly ap and just the 3 ad to activate your passive.

Dragull2

11-30-2012

Diana is overall a better pick, but Akali snowballs harders and can burst a single target harder.

I just wouldn't pick her against Morgana. The rest of the AP mids should be an ok lane. You lose before 6, wins after.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull2 View Post
Diana is overall a better pick, but Akali snowballs harders and can burst a single target harder.

I just wouldn't pick her against Morgana. The rest of the AP mids should be an ok lane. You lose before 6, wins after.
True

But really, beware a mid Lee Sin, that's probably her hardest counter

Cho, tanky nidalee, Swain, Fiddle, Lux, Rumble Kat, every assassin but Zed, every bruiser or tank, and a few others are beatable but they can beat you as well. Some have the advantage.