Any Big Akali Mid Players Have Advice ?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

Senior Member

11-30-2012

False in many aspects:

1: Diana does burst as well as Akali, Akali is just better at cleaning up (free ult charges)

2: Diana's passive is worth more gold than Akali's

3: Diana can build AP as well, she just happens to outdamage Akali by building tanky and spell pen

4: Diana is harder to kill, counter or shut down, all Akali needs is a LS or oracles and she's toasted.

5: Diana's auto attacks, which are also faster, are MUCH more dangerous than Akali's, as they are tied to 600+ damage late game every 3 hits......and it's AoE....

6: Gunblade is not worth building on Akali unless you have all your core items (Rylai, boots, deathcap, revolver and a toss up between licghbane/abyssal/void staff)


Not saying Akali is bad, just saying Diana does everything Akali does but cleaning up several targets, but she really is overall better, stronger and safer.
Edit: Oh yeah, also much easier to play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grann Brigitte

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Plos View Post
False in many aspects:

1: Diana does burst as well as Akali, Akali is just better at cleaning up (free ult charges)

2: Diana's passive is worth more gold than Akali's

3: Diana can build AP as well, she just happens to outdamage Akali by building tanky and spell pen

4: Diana is harder to kill, counter or shut down, all Akali needs is a LS or oracles and she's toasted.

5: Diana's auto attacks, which are also faster, are MUCH more dangerous than Akali's, as they are tied to 600+ damage late game every 3 hits......and it's AoE....

6: Gunblade is not worth building on Akali unless you have all your core items (Rylai, boots, deathcap, revolver and a toss up between licghbane/abyssal/void staff)


Not saying Akali is bad, just saying Diana does everything Akali does but cleaning up several targets, but she really is overall better, stronger and safer.
Edit: Oh yeah, also much easier to play.
I don't know if a single thing you said even starts to be true.

1. Diana's level 6: 150 + 60 + 100 + 100 + 65 + 3.2 AP = 475 and ratio

This is assuming you hit with absolutely everything; as discussed, Diana -has- to land her Q, or she loses a ton of damage instantly. It also assumes you use all of your gap closing ability and cc to make sure you actually proc your passive and shield.

Akali's level 6: 190 + 30 (+60% AD) + 100 + 100 + 100 + 2.6 AP = 520 and Ratio

And that is not even including the likelihood of akali using Q twice during the course of the engagement, which would bring it up to 710 + 3.4 AP. Unlike Diana, Akali can use her Q, wait for it to cooldown or mostly cool down, then engage.

And don't even start on teamfights, where Akali's ultimate refreshes on every kill and assist- Diana get's one dive and then becomes her Q for 20 seconds.

2. Diana's passive is nearly the same as akali's, but better for farming. Late game, if your Diana is doing 600 damage passives, she has to have around 500~ AP. This would give akali 90~% of her attack damage in magic damage on each hit. While this isn't going to do 600 magic damage in 3 hits, (more like 400), it is always going to happen regardless of your number of attacks. And, to compensate, Diana does not get 30+ spell vamp for building damage items.

3. I have no idea what this even is saying, Diana does not build spell pen typically beyond an abyssal, and mathematically cannot do more damage than an akali- she may outlast her buy buying tank stats, but not out damage.

4. This is the only valid point- Akali is hurt a lot by her weak laning phase pre-6, where she can be denied pretty heavily.

5. Covered this, also categorically untrue, Akali has higher base attack speed and scaling than Diana

6. Gunblade is built on akali by...pretty much everyone, and first. It gives her a preposterous amount of damage, stats, and a 300 damage slow nuke on top of her already nutty damage output

On the whole, it just seems to be like you got thrashed by a Diana and made up a bunch of stuff to justify it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Akali and Diana are similar in the fact that they are both assassins but that's where the similarities end.


Also, disregard everything nerf plos has said, he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1785

This is the guide that I follow when playing Akali. It has improved my Akali game a lot and I win most of my normal games.

If you were considering playing Akali in ranked, well I don't recommend it unless they have almost no cc and no lee sin. Even if they have no cc/lee sin, they can just buy oracles and you're much weaker in teamfights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grann Brigitte

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormylar View Post
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1785

This is the guide that I follow when playing Akali. It has improved my Akali game a lot and I win most of my normal games.

If you were considering playing Akali in ranked, well I don't recommend it unless they have almost no cc and no lee sin. Even if they have no cc/lee sin, they can just buy oracles and you're much weaker in teamfights.
This is not really true. Akali does not care if the enemy team has stealth detect, but she cares A LOT whether her team can fight with her. Akali really, really needs teamates with CC that will let her have openings to move around fights. She also realy dislikes super peels like Skarner ult. Not getting stealth detect V akali is pretty much suicidal, and if you consider the game through a stealth detectless lens, akali is hyper tier 1.

Also, this guide seems quite dated. Akali really should be running defensive runes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Did you know Diana can pull a Shadow Dashing Akali mid kick and completely negate it? That's pretty lame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AA247

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonshikee View Post
There's not a single matchup in which Akali has an advantage mid, it's always an uphill fight until you hit 6.

So your job is to simply outplay them until 6, then make them pay.

Using shroud to get close (time and position it so the enemy loses out on CS if they back off) and procing your mark does substantial burst damage for early pressure, but focus on CSing and not falling too far behind.
not true. Akali beats alot melees pre6 such as fizz and kass but once she is 6 she can kill most mids at 3 charges


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grann Brigitte View Post
This is not really true. Akali does not care if the enemy team has stealth detect, but she cares A LOT whether her team can fight with her. Akali really, really needs teamates with CC that will let her have openings to move around fights. She also realy dislikes super peels like Skarner ult. Not getting stealth detect V akali is pretty much suicidal, and if you consider the game through a stealth detectless lens, akali is hyper tier 1.

Also, this guide seems quite dated. Akali really should be running defensive runes.
I partly agree with you on this. A smart Akali player won't jump in right away into the fight until her team soaks up the cc. But it makes it a lot tougher for an Akali player in teamfights if the team has stealth, regardless if the team is fighting with her. If she gets caught alone and they have stealth detection, I think Akali WILL care when she realizes that shroud will not help her as much.

If Akali gets fed, the enemy team will most likely attempt to focus Akali in teamfights and certain champions will jump onto her, no matter how co-ordinated your teammates are (Jax, Irelia, Olaf to name a few). If they have stealth detection, Akali's day gets much worse as her shroud's effectiveness has gone down a lot (not entirely, as she still gets resistance bonus). Not to mention that the enemy team may have great initiation (Amumu, Malphite, Galio to name a few).

To sum up, yes Akali relies on her teammates a lot, but Akali will have a much tougher time in teamfights when the enemy has stealth detection and good initiation. This is all situational ofcourse, but in blind picks, you never know what the enemy team will have.

Edit: Just noticed you edited.

Yes it's dated, but if you're going to judge it based on runes only... well that's just plain stupid if you ask me. Westrice explains further down about his opinion on seals.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grann Brigitte

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormylar View Post
I partly agree with you on this. A smart Akali player won't jump in right away into the fight until her team soaks up the cc. But it makes it a lot tougher for an Akali player in teamfights if the team has stealth, regardless if the team is fighting with her. If she gets caught alone and they have stealth detection, I think Akali WILL care when she realizes that shroud will not help her as much.

If Akali gets fed, the enemy team will most likely attempt to focus Akali in teamfights and certain champions will jump onto her, no matter how co-ordinated your teammates are (Jax, Irelia, Olaf to name a few). If they have stealth detection, Akali's day gets much worse as her shroud's effectiveness has gone down a lot (not entirely, as she still gets resistance bonus). Not to mention that the enemy team may have great initiation (Amumu, Malphite, Galio to name a few).

To sum up, yes Akali relies on her teammates a lot, but Akali will have a much tougher time in teamfights when the enemy has stealth detection and good initiation. This is all situational ofcourse, but in blind picks, you never know what the enemy team will have.

Edit: Just noticed you edited.

Yes it's dated, but if you're going to judge it based on runes only... well that's just plain stupid if you ask me. Westrice explains further down about his opinion on seals.
B-but...wasn't westrice akali kick a S1 thing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grann Brigitte View Post
B-but...wasn't westrice akali kick a S1 thing?
Yea, so what?


123