@Xpecial: You're bad at Leona, stop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marven345

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanxj9smurf View Post
and then three minutes later you're left with no wards.

wat do?
You hit level 3, hard engage the enemy, kill them and back to heal up and buy more.

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

I always start ruby crystal into HoG. Tank that damage, stun and exhaust the ADC, watch the support act like their useful.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSHvzZy1YZA

Shiralune

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
I always start ruby crystal into HoG. Tank that damage, stun and exhaust the ADC, watch the support act like their useful.
You begin with no wards at all? As a support?

Careful

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven345 View Post
You hit level 3, hard engage the enemy, kill them and back to heal up and buy more.
And if they have cleanse and heavy disencounters?

Shiralune

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven345 View Post
Leona doesn't auto win every engage at level 3.

Loture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiHengTai View Post
Haha, alrighty. Tell that to people once you get into tournament play and actually play Leona in a tournament because we all know that you could do so much better, right?
Tell that to the person who has played since launch and has over 10k games played, while maining Leona in season 1 and 2. It doesn't take a genius to say that Xpecial played Leona poorly every game and could have done so much more for his team. I can provide high elo Leona games for proof if you need to see how it's done.

Loture

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
Leona doesn't auto win every engage at level 3.
You're right, she doesn't, but that's what your AD is there for. It's very rare that you will get a lvl 2 or 3 kill, but forcing them to flash or use hp potions is almost guaranteed. Part of laning with Leona is trading before going in for the kill, and if you don't do it you will lose lane as Leona or go even against a support like Lulu or Nunu. Part of how Leona works is she forces the enemy lane to focus her, and with proper communication your AD should be dealing damage to their support or ad while that's happening. Forcing the trade is how a Leona lane works, and if you come out on top each time you will win. A well communicated lvl 2-4 trade can chunk the ad or support and force them to have very little presence meanwhile the Leona who mitigated a lot of the damage with her W started with more hp potions. Fast forward to lvl 6 you get a double kill and then dragon.

Shiralune

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?odestár View Post
You're right, she doesn't. Depending on the match-up Leona won't win every all-in at lvl 2 or 3, but that's playing Leona wrong if you can't. Part of laning Leona is trading before going in for the kill, and if you don't do it you will lose lane as Leona or go even against a support like Lulu or Nunu. Forcing the trade is how a Leona lane works. A well communicated lvl 2-4 trade can chunk the ad or support and force them to have very little presence meanwhile the Leona who mitigated a lot of the damage with her W started with more hp potions and was later able to force a double kill at level 6.
I played Leona as a main since s1, and although I don't do ranked often, I have enough experience to note a few things.

Leona's E doesn't have the best time against carries who can quickly reposition. Could be a bug, but i remember vividly one game where an Ezreal constantly Arcane Shifted every time I e'd him. It hit him, I began my dash to him, and he blinks away just as I arrive. Note that it was always a max range E. I had this happen with Vayne before as well. Max range E, hits Vayne, she tumbles just as I arrive.

Supports that disengage can easily stop Leona's aggression. Alistar, for one, can easily headbutt Leona the moment she E's in.

What I'm trying to say for this post alone, is that even a Leona "played right" can't always win lvl 2-3 fights against certain matchups.

Edit: Before someone points the obvious: This is clearly a smurf.

Loture

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
I play Leona as a main since s1, and although I don't do ranked often, I have enough experience to note a few things.

Leona's E doesn't have the best time against carries who can quickly reposition. Could be a bug, but i remember vividly one game where an Ezreal constantly Arcane Shifted every time I e'd him. It hit him, I began my dash to him, and he blinks away just as I arrive. Note that it was always a max range E. I had this happen with Vayne before as well. Max range E, hits Vayne, she tumbles just as I arrive.

Supports that disengage can easily stop Leona's aggression. Alistar, for one, can easily headbutt Leona the moment she E's in.

What I'm trying to say for this post alone, is that even a Leona "played right" can't always win lvl 2-3 fights against certain matchups.
The only way a Leona lane can lose is she gets poked to the point where she's unable to trade (or gets ganked during aggression). That's why having a vision ward early on Leona is one of the most important things. If you kill their ward at lvl 1 with your q, you can pink their tri/river ward for your jungler to gank or pink their bot push and force them to miss cs simply out of the possibility that Leona can flash E them with a jungle gank. While they're farming at their turret you can also roam mid since they have no vision and still think you're hiding in the bot bush.

SomeBoss

11-29-2012

I am not saying he played well, but I will say that there's a reason he's on a competitive team playing in IPL5 and you are not. He did play poorly, as did TSM as a whole (at least in comparison to the other teams there), but saying you're a better player than him is a pretty ****ing bold statement, especially when he's making money playing this game and you're just sitting there criticizing everything.