The pick order.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stiffy Mang

11-29-2012

Two games, I get last pick kids who think calling guarantees their spot. So they troll pick in order to get people to dodge. This happened twice to me two hours apart and I now have to wait an hour to play? Where is the justice.

I propose a ranked que where you are assigned a position and if you want to trade and both people agree it occurs. In order to prevent trolls there will be a report button in champion select where a vote can occur to boot trolls. Obviously this would be overwatched by the tribunal where abuse of the system will result in serious bans.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-29-2012

So people are randomly assigned a role when they get to champion select? How is this a good idea?

Stiffy Mang

11-29-2012

There's no arguing about positions. Players like me who will fill any role aren't punished by kids who are purposely making kids dodge until they get what role they want. It's like rewarding bad behavior of a child.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-29-2012

So let's say this team was matched up.

Player 1: Best role mid, second best ADC
Player 2: Best role top, second best ADC
Player 3: Best role support, second best ADC
Player 4: Best role jungle, second best ADC.

And I'm player 5, and I'm good at every role except ADC, at which I'm terrible. I'd willingly play any role, even support, over ADC. If I am forced to ADC, I basically know my team will lose because I'm not very good at ADC and ADC is a very important role.

But the random assignments assign roles as such:
Player 1: Mid
Player 2: Top
Player 3: Support
Player 4: Jungle
Me: ADC.

None of the other players are willing to trade with me because they all have their best role. Heck, if I got my best role, I wouldn't be willing to trade with anyone else either. I'd doubt he's better at it than me.

But despite this, the role I'm trying to trade out of is the role that everyone else on my team is 2nd best at. It's literally better for the entire team for any one of them to trade with me. But why should they?

They can just play their favorite role, which they lucked into, and report me for trolling after the match since I'm a bad ADC.

Besides, nevermind all this, your idea locks in the current meta. And that's bad.

Joe Krake

11-29-2012

if people are trolling on purpose there is no system in the world that can stop it.

Stiffy Mang

11-29-2012

I agree with you. I'm not saying eliminate regular rank que. I personally don't care a huge amount about elo. But I like the team aspect of the game. I'd rather work together with a team that will do that then play with one crybaby who ruins the game. I would play support everygame but even then people will still argue over positions.

Or find a way to fix the problem when I have to dodge so we don't lose the game because of a troll.

phodacdota

11-29-2012

Well your idea is good, but i would tweak it a little. Have you choose a role at start of game, and let the system match you with the other roles. (e.g. I love solo top.. i choose TOP.. and then system automatically places me with a ADC, SUPP, MID, JUNGLER) though if you wanted 2 top, i wouldn't know what happens LOL. But still would make life easier .

Stiffy Mang

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phodacdota View Post
Well your idea is good, but i would tweak it a little. Have you choose a role at start of game, and let the system match you with the other roles. (e.g. I love solo top.. i choose TOP.. and then system automatically places me with a ADC, SUPP, MID, JUNGLER) though if you wanted 2 top, i wouldn't know what happens LOL. But still would make life easier .
That's a really good idea. You could put in two positions you'd be willing to play. Unfortunately support numbers might be low. Something needs to be put in place.

Droopy Mang

11-29-2012

There should be an element of the game where you can access these people's addresses. This would allow players to go produce justice on the outernet. i.e. Hand grenades through windows, Pink socks, Hitting on mothers, and of course chocolate turtle **** insertion.

I personally believe this would reduce the amount of trolls... real life justice will heal the cancer in League of Legends.

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

mid. goes. last. damnit. Jungle goes first. Then top/support. then adc and mid. Adc can technically counterpick mildly, whereas having early picks to get powerful supports/tops/junglers is more useful