Blaming strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achillean GG

09-30-2010

I'm having difficulty with one of the most fundamental aspects of LoL: Blaming.

Call me a noob or whatever, but I've just recently caught on to the whole mechanic of singling out players that didn't do as well as others and blaming losses on them and making them feel as bad as possible about themselves. Just to be clear, is the point of this mechanic to chase away new players? I've found that some players like to demoralize their team early on in the game so that they play worse and lose the game, giving them more opportunities to really effectively belittle and frustrate their teammates. I found this to be very creative.

What are your strategies for blaming and ruining others' game experiences? Also, any tips for a newbie so I can be better at making this game suck for as many people as possible? :P

Thanks.

Phoxly

09-30-2010

You won't find any 'blaming' on this forum, QQ somewhere else please, I happen to know most forumers (especially in the Guides and Strategies) are very newbie friendly. Try the general discussion, where everyone else complains about stuff.

Achillean GG

09-30-2010

Well it's obviously an essential game mechanic from what I have learned by playing the game- it has a noticeable effect on the game-play. So why would it not belong in the strategy forums? Anything that affects game-play, even psychologically, should be analyzed should it not?

Phoxly

09-30-2010

Okay I see what's goin on here... u mad bro? It's okay, lots of people let out their frustrations on the forums instead of playing and getting better so they can set a rolemodel standard for future gamers, clearly u mad, and imma let you finish but you need to calm down bro.

Larson McMurphy

09-30-2010

Scores don't always reflect where blame should rest. Some times you may have a few extra deaths because of an incompetent lane partner who got lucky and didn't die. If you just keep dieing though its going to make it harder for your team, no doubt about that. I've done well early game only to die a lot mid late game because the enemies got well fed by someone else. It certainly feels like it was their fault to me.
It is polite to not point that out to people though. Unless you are oblivious, you should know whether you are playing horribly or not. Everyone has bad games though, and if people on your team are being diks about it, well you just gotta let it roll off your back. Just stop dieing and try to farm up. Do what you can for the team.

Achillean GG

10-01-2010

Where have all the Larson McMurphy's in the world gone?

sharang3

10-01-2010

I tend to do well when someone stacks raeg.

lolrape

10-01-2010

i just thought id say that i agreed with your first post in theory but then i started to realize that youre clearly just a ****

thanks for wasting my time with your QQ

BloodBaronIV

10-01-2010

If you are the victim of this strategy you're best off simply not responding to any chat prompts: focus on the game. Every player is going to have bad match and even people who've been playing for a long time will be treated just as harshly as a new player at times. You're best advice is to focus on what you're doing wrong and correct it: usually, if you're dying a lot, you're putting yourself into bad situations and/or being overly aggressive.

A few early deaths is not the end of the world, and I've had many rough stats be criticized only to turn it around and win the game later on. If you just really aren't doing well, then focus on helping a better player accomplish their goals: it's better than trying to solo farm to catch up (i.e. asking for gank) or stressing over your own issues. Rough days are a constant part of the game, thus my advice is to simply ignore the bm and adjust your play based on the actual problem (not their opinions of your intelligence).

If you see a teammate do it to another, inform them that they aren't helping and offer assistance yourself (either advice, lane swap, whatever is needed). Most players, if you're constructive (and don't express anger) will be happy to accept help, as long as you're not talking down to them. Many players don't realize how much of an effect (positive and negative) they can have on others play.

The important thing is doing what it takes to win that game: most people realize this, but it's easy to get carried away and make things more personal then they need to be. Focus on the practical, keep your cool, and most of these situations will not end up being an issue. This isn't DotA, where people would put you on a banlist simply for sucking that game. :-P

Achillean GG

10-01-2010

Yeah I've adopted a new rule when I solo queue.

No communication AT ALL.

I do so much better. If there's an MIA I just ping the direction.
It's amazing how frustrated people get when you screw up and they can't belittle you for it. The only way they can is if you respond to their provocation, and when you don't, they get the maddening feeling that something is wrong in their world.

I've noticed that when you get into defensive arguments the game is essentially over, because you're too busy raging in chat to actually play. This fixes that problem as well.

But there's still no better feeling than watching a rager start poking at you, then realizing you haven't said a word all game and aren't even giving anything he's saying the time of day. Their tears are my joy.