Which Champions Will NOT Survive the Item Rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endrin

11-17-2012

the reason they arent making ad spell vamp items is champs like akali and kat who scale off both ad an ap would just stack spell vamp with hextech revolver and these types or items

Spawnblade

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrin View Post
the reason they arent making ad spell vamp items is champs like akali and kat who scale off both ad an ap would just stack spell vamp with hextech revolver and these types or items
Those are very poor examples, as those champs' both use AP items anyway, which are the items that happen to have spell vamp. As it is, people don't generally grab both gunblade and WotA on them, so I'm inclined to believe they wouldn't grab Gunblade/AD spell vamp item (as that's already a hybrid item.)

A previous poster did point out that someone like Udyr would be broken by using the AD spell vamp items. I don't know if he'd be 'broken' per se, from a single unstackable item. But it would definitely become mandatory on him. I guess that's what they're trying to avoid. Still, life steal is mandatory for any AD carry melee or otherwise. Just seems... lame that an entire champ archetype is gimped in sustain. It limits build diversity and funnels you down a suicidal glass cannon path, rather than any kind of tanky/sustain builds. Personally, I think it'd be nice if more champs could run multiple roles depending on item paths.

Spawnblade

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydolon View Post
Leona without a heart of gold is a sad leona, im telling you
According to the recent hotfix, the gold per 10 has been re-added to HoG. Considering Randuins is far more reliable now, I think she'll be happy.

Spawnblade

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
Nasus benefits greatly from the removal of the 4 minion damage reduction masteries.

Jungle changes are huge. WW is actually a top tier jungler once more

IT(Deathfire Grasp) scales with the rest of his(Veigar's) damage which itself scales with AP
They actually only removed two of the minion damage reduction masteries. They just changed the one that reduced all damage by 2 and made it 2 from champions only I believe. However, with the newfound knowledge that Tiamat can be used to Q multiple minions at once, I'm inclined to withhold an opinion of him until I extensively test how quickly you can build up Q now. I mained him season 1, and still think he has a lot of sleeping potential. If the new masteries can help his early game, and a fast Tiamat leads to rapid Q gain, he could become rather fantastic.

WW jungle will definitely be improved. But I was looking at WW top with my original post. The jungle items are actually rather nice on WW too. He may have one of the fastest clear times now.

You're right about DFG. I completely forgot about the active increasing magic damage by 20%. This definitely makes it better for any high burst AP champ than the old DFG, since it isn't AP reliant (so you get far more use out of it when you first grab it, by multiplying base damages.) It does, however, hurt their performance vs. high HP targets. But that makes sense to me. It's a tradeoff for being significantly more snowbally and better vs. squishies. Not to mention magic pen/mr reduction/mpen all stacking now.

Spawnblade

11-17-2012

Just tested Nasus extensively. No, he does no gain Q for whatever the Hydra/Tiamat splash damage kills. In other words, it's the worst item for him. Also, if Frozen Fist kills minions, likewise he will not gain Q for it. That hurts terribly because of how good that item is on triforce bruisers. Top it off with the fact that Tiamat/Hydra do not carry over his Q damage and there are a number of wither counter items/anti-slow + cc reduction masteries/more tenacity items and I'd say Nasus is in a far worse place than he was before. Some builds may work ok in normals with him still, but unless they fix his Q interaction, he's going to drop to old eve tier.

This is incredibly disappointing.

Spawnblade

11-17-2012

As a side note, I tested Nidalee and discovered that Seraph's Embrace is quite good on her. I'm not sure if it's intended, but I stacked a ToG in less than 5 minutes. I kid you not. If that's not intended (as there was no cooldown for ability use, only for mana spends,) I'd say she benefits at least from the movement speed adjustment. I was able to start mana crystal + pots and spam abilities early on, whereas normally that wouldn't be possible. The free 25 movespeed was enough to dodge Anivia's skillshots NP. Also, Anivia not starting boots made it easier for me to hit by spears early. I suspect this will help her up top too with abuse of her passive.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinker 10 View Post
mundo goes where he pleases
I exaggerated a little, but Mundo's hp5 is actually pretty low, even with the passive. Riven has the highest.

ValkyrionX

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Nasus will be awesome with the new Taiamat as, even though it does not apply the damage of his Q, it will add stacks with every enemy killed by Cleave.
Any official red post stating this? Please share us the link.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

I think Nasus will be fine, but I play him as AP top. I think that would be better off to play, I mean you dont farm your q the whole match, but you will get some farm, and the rest of your abilites make you more godlike. im excited to try ap nasus with the new changes.

Peligrad

11-29-2012

Your list of people hurt by the item changes is the same as my list of who's going to be OP with the new items...lol...

Nasus got nothing? ORLY? U mean Glacial shroud...his number 1 item isn't going to build with a sheen...his number two item to make a redonk super sheen? Oh wait...yes it will...

With the changes to the way armor pen works, AD casters are going to see a huge huge benefit.

The new torment item is going to be absolutely sick on melee mages...its basically the same thing as the torch...which already is the go to mage item in 3s and dominion and is obnoxiously broken on Cho'Gath, Swain, Rumble, Amumu and other melee mages that tend to be able to hold people's feet to the torch...

And Olaf...oh damn I'm gonna brush up on my jungle Olaf...the machete turned him into a jungling God....

You need to get your facts straight...your UP list is the OP list...

Melee carries are still gonna be terribad...worse than they are now...

Burst mages are gonna take a hit...

Auto attackers are going to flounder as skill based champs take over every roll...

Kog'Maw is gonna be sick with his new hurricane... Corki is gonna shred people with the new BC... EZ is gonna be Ez still...

No one is gonna know who the heck Ashe, or Sivir, or Cait even are...