So the best "supports" right now aren't support characters?

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

tbh I've been seeing a ton of lulu and sona lately.

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

People need to get out of this mindset where a certain framework details the role a champion has. I know some champions to damage, but that doesn't mean they cannot also support, and vise versa. Right now, the tools Blitz and Zyra have are worth more than what a Soraka or Janna have because you need something to force fights so lanes like Ezreal/Sona and Graves/Lulu don't outpoke your sustain. So Blitz, Zyra, Taric, and Leona are the most powerful since they support this playstyle.

It has more to do with what is expected of a lane to produce than the strength of the champs theirselves, even though I do think Soraka is ridiculously underpowered right now.

SSJKarlMalone

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaxy1 View Post
I just don't like it when people play a champion and go bot with the AD just so they can play the champion, regardless of role.

>Support LeBlanc.
Wut

2pudge1cup

11-28-2012

supports in general need a total rework.

i mean it's kind of insane that every tourny we have 1-2 supports who shine then are nerfed afterwards. meanwhile the crank keeps doing what he does.

the general class needs to be brought to the pack via buffs and not nerfs. i look at leona as the perfect support in that she has a defined role and a defined playstyle. the others have issues stemming from not enough power/disable. janna hasn't been a thing since her tornado CC got gutted. sona now has nothing for base hp. soraka is ultimately flawed in design and needs something.

i mean it's just a fundamental problem with support champs. they aren't good at anything else and they all have been nerfed disproportionately to everyone else.

razor345

11-28-2012

yes, this happened right after morello finished his crusade against any and all form of sustain/buff for ally/debuff for enemy/utili.......nvm just a crusade against true supports

Outworld

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarlMalone View Post
Wut
This is said when someone wants to play, say, Renekton. And they don't get top but they don't fuss and just call support because they want to play him. This mainly goes for noobs. Experienced players tend to do what I suggested.

Even though that's cool and all, he offers little-to-nothing from a farmless support standpoint. He wouldn't be worth a dime. If he were to farm, he would impede the carry's role, to carry.

LeBlanc is a support I've seen played in a number of games now, mainly by LeBlanc enthusiasts.

She offers no sustain, but she has a good escape, decent CC in her chain, and high burst. Kill supports generally are strong in CC or damage and then suffer as little as possible by having higher regeneration or larger health pools due to their lack of escapes. LeBlanc makes up for that lack with her escape, which is also used as burst, SIMULTANEOUSLY.

At some point in time, someone has to try something new, like LB support; such as, Leona support, Blitz support, Nautilus support, Cho support.

Even though people might play them for the heck of it because they want to, doesn't mean some champions aren't completely unconventional.

All I am saying is, I don't want a Sion in my lane because he wants to play Sion. He doesn't offer anything to my lane and just gimps us throughout.
If someone played Fiddle, Ahri, Mundo, Kayle, Lux, or Morg supports, I will be fine with that. Even though they aren't tradtional, they can still bring things to the table.

2pudge1cup

11-28-2012

LB doesn't need a lot of farm and gets a crazy burst.

she also has a snare and a silence.

nothing wrong with using her as a support. actually it's very scary.

facetious

11-28-2012

They are pretty safe Champions to play since the reward for their CC far outweighs the risk.

If they are changed to make their risk more reasonable, you'll start to see Leona a lot. I already think you should see Leona a lot, but that's because I like Leona.

Auryiel

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imweasel09 View Post
Since when does blitzcrank not count as a support? He hasn't really been able to jungle effectively or lane anywhere else for over a year now. On top of that he was considered a terrible support until soraka/janna/sona got nerfed into making kill supports like blitz and leona viable again.

I swear, people complained forever "BOT LANE TOO PASSIVE WAAAH, SORAKA CAUSES FARM LANE FOREVER" and riot finally makes aggressive supports viable and everyone loses their head.
The problem is they made ONLY agressive supports viable. They didn't change the problem, they shifted it.

Anthropics

11-28-2012

Riot doesn't understand what makes a support a support. They just throw on some healing and shields and go "yep that looks supporty". This should be clear from the fact they think Sona's AoE stun is an "out of class" ability, when supports typically should have ridiculous base damage or CC with little scaling, yet in this game mages have the same CC but scale harder.

123456 ... 9