What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYordleClubber View Post
They are a different case for they are seasonal skins and only will most likely appear during their respective season (I.E. Shamrock Malphite may not be seasonal but it was brought back for a limited time cause of St. Pattys day)
Shamrock Malphite is on the list.
Snowdown Showdown 2011 skins are legacy, not limited.

Dragon Streaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
Shamrock Malphite is on the list.
Snowdown Showdown 2011 skins are legacy, not limited.
That's what I said he wasn't seasonal so he's coming back now but he's a St. Pattys day so they brought him back cause of it and I never said they were limited but seasonal Lagacy won't comeback until their respective holidays like 2011 skins might make an appearence this snowdown showdown

Arctic Bro

11-28-2012

YYYEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Winning!
You guys just made another 100$ from me

Pyrodruid

11-28-2012

Well I think I count 4 skins I'll grab.

Kahless

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
2)At some point between now and the end of January, the 42 Legacy skins below will come back into the store for a limited time at 50% off their regular price:

Just to clear things up are the legendary skins going to be 50% off as well? I know that normally they don't go on sale but it's just a bit un-clear in the statement.

cocacolalips

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** Face View Post
Just to clear things up are the legendary skins going to be 50% off as well? I know that normally they don't go on sale but it's just a bit un-clear in the statement.
There is a reason these skins retired. They are not worth their legendary status. At all.

I don't see why there should be an exception.

SALES # SALES EVERYWHERE

KevinDelMarr

11-28-2012

Hopefully Scorched Earth Xerath will be up for sale, will have been over 6 months in January since released

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-28-2012
14 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** Face View Post
That's the plan. They were retired because they were not up to the quality standards of newer Legendary skins, and like all retired Legacy skins, they are eligible to go on sale at a price that better reflects the current quality standards. Those who bought them at full price owned them for months or years longer than those who will have the opportunity to buy them on sale, and therefore got more value out of them.

As always, Legendaries that are currently active in the store will not go on sale.

AthleteBro

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
Lost all hope from Riot: http://lol.garena.com/news/general/1...-skins-on-sale.

GG. As long as they cater to the old members instead of the new, as THEY are the ones bringing fresh money to the business, it's gg.
Yeah...quite disgusting. On one side they say these are limited and they "made a promise" not to sell them anymore. On the other side they go "Garena new thing wasn't around at the time so it's fair to them".

On one side you are already lying doesn't matter which option is the "most official".

Make up your mind Riot. If it is fair to let them have it why can't we? You are already screwing over the ones who got these skins in NA and EU.

Of course Riot will not react to this as they know they messed up so will just wait it out until we get tired of their indifference.

Kikhan

11-28-2012

What about option 5 it really is not that far behind or will that be mixed in as well? You said a third option was not out of the question if it was close.