[Champion Concept] Tek, the Ingenious Engineer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcanition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Tek, the Ingenious Engineer

Theme - Gadgets / Technology
Type - Ranged, Hybrid, Carry

Statistics (Gains Per Level)

Health: 400 (+82)
Health Regen: 5.0 (+0.5)
Attack Damage: 50 (+3.3)
Attack Speed: 0.62 (+2.5%)
Armor: 14 (+3.6)
Magic Resist: 30
Range: 600
Movement Speed: 305

Tek does not use mana but is rather limited by the amount of scrap he has. Tek's scrap count has a maximum of 10 and regenerates 1 every 4 seconds (improved by one of his spells).

Ratings

Attack: 8/10
Health: 7/10
Difficulty: 7/10
Spells: 6/10

------------------------------------------

Attachment 565341
Passive: MCCCXXXVII Targeting System

Tek's rifle is equipped with an advanced targeting system that detects his target's weaknesses. This converts half of the damage caused by Tek's attacks and skills to magic damage if the target's magic resist is lower than their armor.

Attachment 565343
Q: Flare

Fires a flare from Tek's rifle in the target direction. The flare ignites the first enemy it comes into contact with, revealing the area around the enemy and dealing 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 (+15% AD) damage per second for 8 seconds. If the flare reaches the end of it's range without striking an enemy, it will ignite the ground instead, revealing an area of and dealing damage to enemies that walk through the fire for 4 seconds.

Area: 250
Range: 1000
Scrap Cost: 3
Cooldown: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14

Attachment 565342
W: Matter Creation Belt

Passive: Automatically harvests nearby scrap parts in battle, granting Tek a 12% / 18% / 24% / 30% / 36% chance to generate a scrap part when he attacks.

Active: Instantly grants an additional 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 / 4 scrap part(s) for Tek to use, Matter Creation Belt's passive effect is not active while the active effect is on cooldown.

Scrap Cost: 0
Cooldown: 12

Attachment 565344
E: Scatterbomb

Tosses a specialized bomb at an enemy, dealing 30 / 65 / 100 / 135 / 170 (+ 40% AD) damage initially. The scatterbomb explodes 1 second later, dealing an additional 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 damage in a small around the target and slowing damaged enemies by 25% for 4 seconds.

Range: 600
Radius: 200 / 225 / 250 / 275 / 300
Scrap Cost: 4
Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5

Attachment 565345
R (Ultimate): Overheat

Temporarily empowers Tek's armor and weapons, increasing Tek's movement speed by 15 / 30 / 45 and improving his other abilities:

MCCCXXXVII Targeting System - Converts 100% of Tek's damage based on target's armor and magic resist.
Flare - Increases damage by 25% and radius of vision by 200.
Matter Creation Belt - Increases chance of scrap harvest by 25% and number of scraps regenerated by 1.
Scatterbomb - Increases slow by an additional 15% and area of effect by 200.

Duration: 8
Scrap Cost: 5
Cooldown: 150 / 125 / 100

Thanks for reading!

Note that I did not create the above images, they are only suggestions for what the icons could look like and were borrowed from here.

Iceborn Pippin

11-27-2012

Before I analyize the abilities, the ability icons just make me want to think of a DOTA dwarf.

Passive: MCCCXXXVII Targeting System (1337 Targeting System)
(I see what you did there hehe)
At first glance it doesn't seem so bad, however I might suggest you try to break it down a bit. So you gain the full effect of 50% on lower of MR and ARM around Level 18. Feels a wee bit strong.

Flare
Neat so it grants area of sight like a ward for a period of time like Maokai's. Its damage feels a bit low but then also realisitic I suppose for the force of a flare.

Scatterbomb
Looks like Tek has been raiding Ziggs closet of landmines.

Overheat
Ah the ultimate, even I have trouble with this part, but for eight seconds with a 150 base cooldown I can see it working out well as its not too terribly OP at all really.

Scrap Bar: Feels unique in that its not a 100, its a mere 10. Its got an ability that makes more scrap and the abilities besides the Matter Creation Belt require the scrap to make it work. However its not just limited to four ability uses again because of the Matter Creation Belt, as it allows at max rank to give you a 40/60% chance of getting a scrap metal off of a basic attack and if he is built with say attack speed I can see a carry like this not running out for awhile. Plus the ultimate makes the chances all the better with a 65/35% chance, which with even 1.5 attack speed can yield in a fortune worth of scrap metal.

Arcanition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip Maxwell View Post
Before I analyize the abilities, the ability icons just make me want to think of a DOTA dwarf.

Passive: MCCCXXXVII Targeting System (1337 Targeting System)
(I see what you did there hehe)
At first glance it doesn't seem so bad, however I might suggest you try to break it down a bit. So you gain the full effect of 50% on lower of MR and ARM around Level 18. Feels a wee bit strong.

Flare
Neat so it grants area of sight like a ward for a period of time like Maokai's. Its damage feels a bit low but then also realisitic I suppose for the force of a flare.

Scatterbomb
Looks like Tek has been raiding Ziggs closet of landmines.

Overheat
Ah the ultimate, even I have trouble with this part, but for eight seconds with a 150 base cooldown I can see it working out well as its not too terribly OP at all really.

Scrap Bar: Feels unique in that its not a 100, its a mere 10. Its got an ability that makes more scrap and the abilities besides the Matter Creation Belt require the scrap to make it work. However its not just limited to four ability uses again because of the Matter Creation Belt, as it allows at max rank to give you a 40/60% chance of getting a scrap metal off of a basic attack and if he is built with say attack speed I can see a carry like this not running out for awhile. Plus the ultimate makes the chances all the better with a 65/35% chance, which with even 1.5 attack speed can yield in a fortune worth of scrap metal.
Thanks for the review!

The numbers certainly aren't final, some of them would need to be changed (like the scrap costs, damage. etc...). His flare's damage is low because it scales off of total AD. If you start the game with 75 AD, then flare would deal 130 damage over 10 seconds at level 1.

The passive is fairly simple. If Tek's target has less MR than armor, then his attacks do 50% magic & 50% physical damage (or 100% magic with ultimate up); otherwise they do 100% physical damage. This split can be changed to like 30%/70% or something, but the concept is simple.

EDIT: Also, I was thinking Tek would either be a dwarf or goblin