The Crossroads - Chapter One: Be afraid of the Dark.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromonger

11-27-2012

Elizabeth followed the rest of them, her accelerated healing kicking in on its own. Though, by now, she had to pick up her bag and retrieve some hextech ear plugs, which allowed her to hear ambient sounds but filtered out loud ones. Lizzie had sensitive senses, and she was most caught off-guard by the Shade. Not anymore, though- someone as savvy as her knows how to compensate for her weaknesses.

She decided not to say anything further, as she either made a bad impression or Darkeye just had a stick up his arse. She preferred to follow the minotaur to the hall, peeking outside the window to see where... Where in this accursed place would his grandfather have gone for years on end- she'd been here five minutes and she was struck deaf!

She stayed with the group, keeping to herself for now. Meanwhile, her sword, now sheathed once more, was quiet, though its presence was always trying to reach out to the others who were more magically inclined... or undead. The sword had demonstrated what it had done, and kept a suspicious gaze on Karthus.

AskKarthus

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromonger View Post
Elizabeth followed the rest of them, her accelerated healing kicking in on its own. Though, by now, she had to pick up her bag and retrieve some hextech ear plugs, which allowed her to hear ambient sounds but filtered out loud ones. Lizzie had sensitive senses, and she was most caught off-guard by the Shade. Not anymore, though- someone as savvy as her knows how to compensate for her weaknesses.

She decided not to say anything further, as she either made a bad impression or Darkeye just had a stick up his arse. She preferred to follow the minotaur to the hall, peeking outside the window to see where... Where in this accursed place would his grandfather have gone for years on end- she'd been here five minutes and she was struck deaf!

She stayed with the group, keeping to herself for now. Meanwhile, her sword, now sheathed once more, was quiet, though its presence was always trying to reach out to the others who were more magically inclined... or undead. The sword had demonstrated what it had done, and kept a suspicious gaze on Karthus.
Karthus, no stranger to strange things, decides to talk to Lizzie, "Shadow mage? That sort is almost as persecuted as mine. What is it that caused you to stray down that dark path?"

Necromonger

11-27-2012

Lizzie looked at Karthus as the lich suddenly addressed her. She was sure she was keeping quiet. "Huh? What... are you talking about? I'm not a shadow mage, or any mage for that matter... much to my parents' secret disappointment." She stayed on the defensive, because she never quite grasped what he was trying to do earlier.

AskKarthus

11-27-2012

Quote:
Lizzie looked at Karthus as the lich suddenly addressed her. She was sure she was keeping quiet. "Huh? What... are you talking about? I'm not a shadow mage, or any mage for that matter... much to my parents' secret disappointment." She stayed on the defensive, because she never quite grasped what he was trying to do earlier.
"I know you understand me," He continues, "Why do you not speak? I have given you no reason not to."

Necromonger

11-27-2012

"You are not making sense. At all. Are you even listening?" Lizzie stopped in her tracks, and turned to give Karthus eye contact. "...Look, my dad might've summoned you every now and then back in the Institute, but that doesn't mean I have anything for you. Also..." she continued to chatter, being a city grown girl who was accustomed to ironing out issues with communication.

The Sword meanwhile, looked at Karthus, communing to his undead mind directly. There were many voices within the sword, but one will. "...Dead one. I sense your will is strong, you will not bend. This one I serve cannot hear me. She has the blood of my master, but possesses not his power over the spirit. You seek something here, yes? A bargain, we shall have?"

AskKarthus

11-27-2012

Quote:
"You are not making sense. At all. Are you even listening?" Lizzie stopped in her tracks, and turned to give Karthus eye contact. "...Look, my dad might've summoned you every now and then back in the Institute, but that doesn't mean I have anything for you. Also..." she continued to chatter, being a city grown girl who was accustomed to ironing out issues with communication.

The Sword meanwhile, looked at Karthus, communing to his undead mind directly. There were many voices within the sword, but one will. "...Dead one. I sense your will is strong, you will not bend. This one I serve cannot hear me. She has the blood of my master, but possesses not his power over the spirit. You seek something here, yes? A bargain, we shall have?"
"I am sorry, I did not mean anything like that, if that is how you mean it. I simply asked why you have decided on your path, and that you knew why I asked."

Karthus then looks at the sword, and replies to it, "I knew there was something a bit off about you, now I know what it was. That is unfortunate, and why is that? Also, why would I be seeking something, or do you have knowledge of something here I do not? And about this bargain you speak of, I would like to hear more of it."

Necromonger

11-27-2012

"Hmph. I guess there's not really any harm in telling other people. I have family business here, that's all. I have to pick up some things that were left here by a relative." Lizzie explained, not counting on spilling what she was here for to her father's work acquaintance.

"The One I serve seeks to recover family trinkets. The locations that hold them also contain wealth in arcane lore, useless to her but of weight to any who can wield magic. Magic that can open the doorway between the lands of living and the dead. Does this interest you?"

AskKarthus

11-27-2012

Quote:
"Hmph. I guess there's not really any harm in telling other people. I have family business here, that's all. I have to pick up some things that were left here by a relative." Lizzie explained, not counting on spilling what she was here for to her father's work acquaintance.

"The One I serve seeks to recover family trinkets. The locations that hold them also contain wealth in arcane lore, useless to her but of weight to any who can wield magic. Magic that can open the doorway between the lands of living and the dead. Does this interest you?"
"I see now, why would they be on these forsaken Isles?"

"I walk between the world of the dead and of the living freely, though my time with the dead is limited. I stand on the threshold of both worlds, I exist in both. I am very much deceased, though my soul remains chained here by magic beyond even my comprehension. However, as any paragon of dark lore would be, I am very much interested in these pieces of knowledge."

Necromonger

11-27-2012

"My grandfather was Wong Fuhai, the Ionian warlord from yester-years, way before even the occupation... during the Clan wars. He came here to the Isles with many family effects. And, as much as I want to ditch- I mean, help Darkeye, I'd like to track them down." Lizzie explained. Now that she thought about it, she really didn't have anyone else to help her here. A champion was someone from work her father associated with, so they were her closest possible choice of ally. Not that she wanted to pull that chain.

The Blade communicated the image of three temples in various locations- one atop a triple waterfall, one atop a mountain peak, and one in a cave of crystals. The way there though, was obscured- the Shadow Isles had a habit of... moving places around.

Lizzie looked at Karthus. "Look... I barely know you, and I don't have much to offer. I can't even figure out where to start looking."

AskKarthus

11-27-2012

Quote:
"My grandfather was Wong Fuhai, the Ionian warlord from yester-years, way before even the occupation... during the Clan wars. He came here to the Isles with many family effects. And, as much as I want to ditch- I mean, help Darkeye, I'd like to track them down." Lizzie explained. Now that she thought about it, she really didn't have anyone else to help her here. A champion was someone from work her father associated with, so they were her closest possible choice of ally. Not that she wanted to pull that chain.

The Blade communicated the image of three temples in various locations- one atop a triple waterfall, one atop a mountain peak, and one in a cave of crystals. The way there though, was obscured- the Shadow Isles had a habit of... moving places around.

Lizzie looked at Karthus. "Look... I barely know you, and I don't have much to offer. I can't even figure out where to start looking."

"It seems we are here for similar reasons, this whole venture was simply an excuse for me to come. I mostly wish to learn about these Isles." Karthus said to Lizzie.

"This is indeed interesting. I know as little of the Isles as you, but I think it likely that we stumble upon these places given the nature of our search."