Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cole blood

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVonDoom View Post
Why is this being viewed as such a terrible idea? My best friend just started, he's all of level two, and if I dumped $5 bucks for five champs he'd be stoked at all the potential, and likely love the boosts. It would let him feel out some easy champs and the basics of most roles for what is essentially a dollar per champ.

I'm aware that there may not be some of the best (yi) champs in here. Will he know? Nope, he'll be excited, happy, and probably having -fun-. Remember that thing this game is about? Fun? Yeah. For five bucks I'll save him 2250 IP towards a new champ he does want, which is nice since he, like other people, can be pressed for time. The negativity from most in this thread is astonishingly high. This is a good, cheap way to make a friend who's new pretty happy. Yes it would have been nice if Riot made something for the rest of us, but all things considered, that doesn't make what they did put out bad at all.

I know I'm personally going to be picking one of these up after work today. It's a great idea, Riot, and I really believe that despite the downvotes it's just a vocal minority, keep up with the good ideas.
Thank u DrVonDoom. i have been reading the comments and all people do is complain. this is not such a bad deal. its about a dollar per champ plus the yi skin (ew), but ur buddy wont know that. they'll be excited to play, and to get a head start with more champ options than other players. i dont see wat all this fuss is about. this game is for fun, u remember wat that is? probably not with so many people raging.

all im saying is that this is a good way to start on LoL. and then u can help teach them the rest. not only did u get them champs for starting to play, but it looks like u got urself a future partner...

tist

11-27-2012

For 5 bucks it really isnt all that bad. It's essentially a smurf package.

Varaxael

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopTryingKid View Post
5$ for five 450 champions?

nty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullane View Post
It feels like this move by Riot is insulting my intelligence. Boosts for someone to start with? The way the game treats new players means they probably won't even use it for any reason other than not to squander their friend's money. Yi skin? Nobody even plays Yi. 5 450 champions? That are on free week every other week anyway? No. I would buy this all for two dollars at most.
Math is hard. $5.00 worth of RP is 650. The total RP value of the practical components of this bundle (so, discounting the Yi skin as unimportant.) is 3060 RP. How can you cry about that? How can you whine?! Remedial mathematics coursework is available at your local institute of higher learning.

Tolfor

11-27-2012

Anybody with the gall to complain about this package not being tailored to them personally is a blithering idiot. This is a really nice little treat for new players at an extremely cost-effective price, and I'll definitely be grabbing one for my brother-in-law as a little bonus with his birthday present. Lay off the blind hate for Riot and try to see who this was actually intended for (hint: topic title).

Bzerkr

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVonDoom View Post
Why is this being viewed as such a terrible idea? My best friend just started, he's all of level two, and if I dumped $5 bucks for five champs he'd be stoked at all the potential, and likely love the boosts. It would let him feel out some easy champs and the basics of most roles for what is essentially a dollar per champ.

I'm aware that there may not be some of the best (yi) champs in here. Will he know? Nope, he'll be excited, happy, and probably having -fun-. Remember that thing this game is about? Fun? Yeah. For five bucks I'll save him 2250 IP towards a new champ he does want, which is nice since he, like other people, can be pressed for time. The negativity from most in this thread is astonishingly high. This is a good, cheap way to make a friend who's new pretty happy. Yes it would have been nice if Riot made something for the rest of us, but all things considered, that doesn't make what they did put out bad at all.

I know I'm personally going to be picking one of these up after work today. It's a great idea, Riot, and I really believe that despite the downvotes it's just a vocal minority, keep up with the good ideas.
I totally agree! thank you for not being such a MF'ing troll! this is a great way to spend 5 bucks and calling it a gift to a brand new player.

henryboy4

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaxael View Post
Math is hard. $5.00 worth of RP is 650. The total RP value of the practical components of this bundle (so, discounting the Yi skin as unimportant.) is 3060 RP. How can you cry about that? How can you whine?! Remedial mathematics coursework is available at your local institute of higher learning.
Who would EVER buy ANY of these champs with RP??? The champs may be 260 RP, but they are not worth that.

DarkAzNite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

great idea. Sure will get my son 1

White Phoinex

11-27-2012

Why do you have riot point cards at 7-11 nit not these starter packs?

Zirhark

11-27-2012

Can i buy this online or do I have to get it at the store?

White Phoinex

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryboy4 View Post
Who would EVER buy ANY of these champs with RP??? The champs may be 260 RP, but they are not worth that.
Well, even experts use Ashe every once in a while. Master Yi isn't so bad in the wrong hands either -_- all I'm trying to say is its a matter of prefrance. Plus, if your a noob your gonna be stoaked to get so much. (No I'm not a noob)