Ranked sucks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kevin40109

11-26-2012

I'm getting tired of losing ranked games because of my teammates... I usually win my lane and don't point fingers. me and my friends might as well quit soon. I really want a better team match up to even out the team so its fair. I need a guide that can help me through the so called "elo hell"... please!

W/e i give up... I admit i have bad games, but this is ridiculous i can't get a decent team that don't argue and have good teamwork. I just QUIT PEACE OUT.

IdleAltruism

11-26-2012

To move beyond the lower ELOs you must be able to overcome the ineptitude of your allies. Given that their team will face the same issue, it becomes essentially your job to tip the scale in your favor. This can be accomplished through your own sheer talent or by leading your team to victory through positioning, planning team fights and objectives, calling target orders, placing wards (like a boss), and generally playing amazingly, consistently.

If you can't do this, then you should expect to lose around 50% of your matches. You're in "ELO Hell" and you belong there. That's where players who aren't mechanically gifted and have a poor sense of strategy end up. If that's the case, thank you. You are the buffer zone between the decent players and the not so decent players. Your own failings as a player will keep you, and all of those like you, in your proper place.

Mengh

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleAltruism View Post
To move beyond the lower ELOs you must be able to overcome the ineptitude of your allies. Given that their team will face the same issue, it becomes essentially your job to tip the scale in your favor. This can be accomplished through your own sheer talent or by leading your team to victory through positioning, planning team fights and objectives, calling target orders, placing wards (like a boss), and generally playing amazingly, consistently.

If you can't do this, then you should expect to lose around 50% of your matches. You're in "ELO Hell" and you belong there. That's where players who aren't mechanically gifted and have a poor sense of strategy end up. If that's the case, thank you. You are the buffer zone between the decent players and the not so decent players. Your own failings as a player will keep you, and all of those like you, in your proper place.
Why you so mean?

kevin40109

11-26-2012

Quote:

Thanks, I understand i guess. I do need to work on planning the fights... and building strategy.

Elodin

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengaha View Post
Why you so mean?

Because the sooner people can get out of the "I'm only in ranked because of other people" mentality, the sooner they can actually start learning what they really need to do.

Oyxl

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Because the sooner people can get out of the "I'm only in ranked because of other people" mentality, the sooner they can actually start learning what they really need to do.
Exactly. The funny thing about this mentality is, that all your teammates have the exact same thought process. So in their eyes, you are a baddy. And in your eyes, they are baddies. All things considered, you probably all are baddies.

'You' refers to the OP.

Oh and, really? If I had a teammate with your summoner name, I'd probably automatically point fingers at you even if you happened to be God. "IRetardedKID" really?

iDpark

11-27-2012

I probably belong at 1200, TBH.

I ended at 1200 last season, after a few weeks in new season, 1200.
Currently 1100. Dropped 50 elo today.

I've found the best way to win games is to win them in laning, Win lane. Abuse leads, roam to other lanes, take objectives, press your advantage in every way possible.
Their jungler will want to gank you, providing relief for other lanes, additionally, you have freed up your jungler to gank the other lanes more frequently.

This being said, there is a risk involved.
You need map awareness and wards to minimize your risks.

win lane, learn counter picks, learn to counter build, learn how to play every matchup, have 1-2 safe picks for every role. Learn all the skills of all champions, when they're weak, etc.

Additionally, know when you are losing. Know how to play a losing lane, how to play safe, etc.
People do the exact same thing after dying twice to lane opponent, and then proceed to feed.
You need to farm jungle camps, ward, get gp10's if applicable. Build Armor/Mr/ hp accordingly.

S3 will probably give counterpicking more of an advantage.
Learn what counters who, not just the champs, but why they counter the champion.
If you know your weaknesses/their strengths, then you should be able to make up for them through runes/masteries/items.

Wards save lives. They provide vision and peace of mind for you to last hit. They cure cancer.
CS-ing better means better items, and under tower, means that you can let them push so jungler can gank.

Tl;dr
buy Wards, CS better, Press Advantages.

Words of 1200 elo player.

Etherimp

11-27-2012

Quote:

While I mostly agree with your take on this.. I'd like to make an observation, and have a genuine question I'd like answered.

First, some background...

Last season, I went about 7/3 in my placement matches, and I think that put me in the high 1300's. The three matches I lost were because of outright trolls who just fed all game and gave up early. One of the other seven matches was a "loss", by all rights.. 3 members of my team had given up and we were down literally by 20 kills. Olaf and I (Cho'gath) managed to carry our team to end-game and won a few teamfights to win the game.

In the next 6 matches, I won 5, lost 1.. This put me just over 1500, and since I didn't know at that point whether losing matches could cause me to lose gold, I stopped playing.

I noticed a CLEAR difference in the levels of teamwork, cooperation, and overall game mechanic knowledge at 1500, opposed to 1200-1300.

This season, I started out at 1386, and queued with a friend who was low Elo last season. I figured after the rating reset, I could help carry him up out of Elo hell and give him a chance to play with better players. It didn't work. I tanked my rating down to 1080.

Since then, I've managed to pull myself up to 1344, then back down to 1200, and now working my way back up.

It seems to me, you need at least 2 people on your team carrying... And even then, if the rest of your team completely throws the game, it's very possible to still lose in late game. I had a string of matches where I played Jungle, and even though I fed my team kills throughout the early and mid game and even though I initiated properly, peeled for them, and overall did "well", for what a Tanky DPS / Tanky Jungler is supposed to do, sometimes your team makes stupid decisions and simply does not listen to your direction.

Case and point: The game is 20/20. Both teams have the primary 3 towers down, and the enemy team has pushed down middle and taken our inhibitor turret. Our Jayce gets disconnected somewhere in here.

I tell my team "Just play passive.. Back off and defend until Jayce gets back.".

My team (3 people) proceed to push down middle chasing a few kills. I ping them to back a half dozen times, but they don't.. So I am left with a choice at this point.

Do I attempt to help them, in hopes of making it more of an even fight and possibly winning a fight... Or do I abandon them and leave them to die?

I decided to help them. This gave the enemy team 4 kills, and the momentum to take Baron. Jayce reconnects... Now the enemy team has baron, takes the inhib, and proceeds to win the game. I have no doubt in my mind that had my team listened to me, we had a very good chance of winning the game. Prior to Jayce leaving we were winning team fights.

Being absolutely fed up with losing late game to people throwing it, and noticing how many times our ADC is just a horrible player who would have horrible CS, horrible positioning, or wouldn't commit to fights, or would get picked off before a teamfight starts.. so, I decided to play Vayne as an ADC, and duo-queue with someone who can play both Taric and Alistar, to support me.. I think we've won 4 games in a row now using this strategy and I've carried (10+ kills and 2:1 KDR) every one of those matches.

So, my observation is: Even if you carry from a certain role (Support, Jungle, or Top), sometimes that alone cannot win you the game.. Usually you need AT LEAST one other position to be in very good shape (Mid, or ADC, preferably).

And my question to you is: How can you possibly carry a team who decides to throw matches even though you have given them every opportunity to win? I'm sorry, but 1 person can only do so much, and if you have been dealt a raw deal in teammate selection or someone on your team failed to understand the concept of counter-picking, you can get screwed out of a win approximately 50% of the time, which will leave your Elo exactly where you started.

How do you compensate for this?

Here's a link to my ranked stats page:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2...5#ranked-stats

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
my question to you is: How can you possibly carry a team who decides to throw matches even though you have given them every opportunity to win? I'm sorry, but 1 person can only do so much, and if you have been dealt a raw deal in teammate selection or someone on your team failed to understand the concept of counter-picking, you can get screwed out of a win approximately 50% of the time, which will leave your Elo exactly where you started.

How do you compensate for this?
Simple. You don't. Move to the next game.

It's beyond obvious that you are the type of player that dwell on past games. Stop. That's how you lose the next one.

**** happens. Most of those things you described happens in my games too. And? How is that stopping me from getting wins?

I know how to move on.
In fact, I literally don't remember a single thing about the terrible things my team did in the games I played yesterday. Something probably happened, but I don't remember specifics like you do.

Just. Move. On.

Arcadies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

I love how everyone thinks they're better than other people at the game.

Did you stop to think that maybe you're not as good as you think? Maybe your Elo rating isn't wrong?