What's up with downvoting every thread talking about powerful champions.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrathful Panda

Senior Member

11-27-2012

There are powerful champions in league, everyone knows this. But when anyone posts anything about there being a champion that is used in like 50% of all games, or that shuts down an entire team, they get flamed. Everyone knows that every champion has their spotlight at overpoweredness. Jax was underpowered, no changes made to him, then one day the meta changed and suddenly Jax was unstoppable. What happened? People posted hundreds of forum posts and then Riot nerfed Jax. (A little too much IMO) but the point is, these posts help balance the game. There are over 100 champions in league, do you think it is possible to balance all 100 around each other? NO, so each champion will go in and out of power and people just saying L2P noob obviously have not played this game long enough. Champions right now that can change the entire outcome of a game include blitz and malphite. Why? Well Malphite is ultra tanky, has an AOE CC that does decent damage, can almost always win lane if good, and shuts down nearly any AD. Sooner or later he will fall out of power. Now blitz, his grab range is the highest in game, not to mention it pulls a champion back that range too. Just him being in the game changes the enemy team playstyle. If he's near, noone is going to want to get close. He has 3 CC mechanics and a speed boost to catch people, not only that but a shield for tankiness. If he lands a Q, it is instant death, put that in a teamfight an he's a support that guarantees a kill. Put that in lane and he basically forces the team's ADC to get fed. Even in a lane of 2v2, a Blitz Q-E-R will CC a person long enough for the fight to already be won. These are my opinons.

But we also have to remember this. Just because it isn't this way in high elo games, does not mean it's not a problem. League of Legends has over 8 million unique players each month. Maybe 10% of them play ranked competitively. The game should be balanced around unranked gameplay just as it should ranked. I don't consider myself bad, i play ranked very rarely, but I have 1100+ wins and around 100 more wins than losses. I have a friend who nonstop watches ranked videos and tries to apply them to a normal game and because of this, he makes mistakes. High Elo gameplay is far more different than Normals. So don't say because this champion is not top tier or this champion isn't banned, they aren't OP. There are so many factors. Maybe you do play ranked and you see a normal player complaining about a champion not picked in Ranked, don't flame, they have a different gamestyle to deal with. Maybe you are a normal player and you see a ranked complaining about a champion that isn't even used much in normals, yet again, different game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-27-2012

nobody really cares if you say someone is OP. Its whiners and QQ nobody likes.

judging from the length of the post I'd say thats not really what your thread is about. In fact it looks like it was a way to keep it from getting downvoted. This upsets me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrathful Panda

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Maybe, maybe not. I actually don't really care about saying Blitz and Malph are OP. I actually do believe that the LoL community is too hateful. It would obviously be a bit different if LoL costed like $20. So many trolls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-27-2012

If we balanced this game around normals.

Darius wouldn't have any ult or passive. Him and garen would be the exact same champ except darius ult would have nonscaling physical damage amd mp debuff removal.

Jax would start with 0 armor and would have no CC.
teemo would be a nonplayable character
Orianna would get deleted
MF would have her damage cut in half
ezreal wouldnt have a W ability
any champ with a mobility skill would get deleted
the entire fighter class would be made into watered down tanks and assassins
assassins would be removed from the game

basically tanks supports and carries are all that would be left.
sona would get deleted though
draven would be nerfed into the ground with caitlyn

see where im going with this? The game isnt balanced around the bottom 90% because there would be no game left

Btw yes it is possible to balance 100 different champs around each other as long as you have some system of doing so such as balancing around some sort of theme which they do


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrathful Panda

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
If we balanced this game around normals.

Darius wouldn't have any ult or passive. Him and garen would be the exact same champ except darius ult would have nonscaling physical damage amd mp debuff removal.

Jax would start with 0 armor and would have no CC.
teemo would be a nonplayable character
Orianna would get deleted
MF would have her damage cut in half
ezreal wouldnt have a W ability
any champ with a mobility skill would get deleted
the entire fighter class would be made into watered down tanks and assassins
assassins would be removed from the game

basically tanks supports and carries are all that would be left.
sona would get deleted though
draven would be nerfed into the ground with caitlyn

see where im going with this? The game isnt balanced around the bottom 90% because there would be no game left

Btw yes it is possible to balance 100 different champs around each other as long as you have some system of doing so such as balancing around some sort of theme which they do
Out of those 10% (Which equals about 800,000) majority are bronze and silver. Gold is still around the top 3%. Therefore you are talking about around 200,000 players compared to 7.8 million. I'm not saying the game should be centered around noobs, but just because a champion isn't that great in ranked doesn't mean they can't own normal games where the team is not a coordinated team. You throw 5 random people together, it's obvious there will be a lack of coordination, and if it takes an entire team to counter a champion, you have a problem. You act as if normals don't matter, they do. Just because someone doesn't want to stress themselves over a game doesn't mean they can't play it competitively. I've played ranked, i just don't find it appealing. First time i played ranked i got up to 1467 rating withing 5 games. First time i played ranked with a 3v3 team we went 7-0 and then got put up against a 1587 team with 18 times more ranked games played than us. First time we did 5v5s, we also went above 1400 (and we had 2 casual players if you know what i mean) We aren't bad just because we play normals, we just don't want to have all the stress related to it. But when you see a blitzcrank in 50% of normal games because of the effect of how he can carry, or a vayne because of her team destroying abilities. You have to think... Yes they can be countered if you have a coordinated team but when you have 5 randoms, it doesn't work out that way all the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrathful Panda

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Also, Cereal, where is your basis in this. That's like saying because Obama is president North Korea will invade south korea. It has absolutely no basis on anything related. You basically took any decent argument and overly exaggerated it to the point where it is a joke rather than a rebuttal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wrathful Panda

Senior Member

11-27-2012

And here is a logical rebuttal to your joke.

- Jax isn't even strong anymore and you rarely hear any complaints about him
- Teemo is only aggravating, he isn't considered OP by any means, just annoying
- Orianna wouldn't be deleted, just nerfed a bit, she contributes an excessively high amount to team fights.
- MF is rarely used and her damage isn't even that high. Corki on the other hand is used much more due to his escapability and damage.
- Why not? It's a skill shot
- There are no problems with mobility, in fact, i don't see where you even got this from, perhaps you play with people who are inable to CC?
- That's what the fighter class already is, people like lee sin and nocturne who can tank while also dealing good damage and being able to assassinate people.
- Please explain why, any single target damager won't contribute as much as a character like orianna to winning the game, why? because you need AOE CC.

- Already countered with my previous statements
- Sona is barely used in normals anyway, don't see how this is an issue. Alistar, Blitz, and Leona are used more.
- Draven is the same thing as every AD carry, you would have more basis saying Vayne because she can do more than Draven can and has a good escape mechanic. Also, Caitlyn nerf? Since when has caitlyn even been close to overpowered. She's a solid AD carry but many outclass her. Her Q is basically useless towards later game, her traps and W are the only abilities it is actually worth to use in a teamfight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cretinok

Senior Member

11-27-2012

When people create posts asking for help, the community generally responds in an intelligent manner. If you bring valid arguements, you get legitimate responses.

But when you get "OMG this champ just solo'd 5 players at lvl 3 and pentakilled enitre team, please nerf this broken piece of **** " threads, then you will get downvoted and your intelligence will be mocked. Never exagerate when you want to be taken seriously.

Many times, people are just tired of explaining the same thing over and over to people who refuse to read previously established threads where answer have already been given.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathful Panda View Post
Out of those 10% (Which equals about 800,000) majority are bronze and silver. Gold is still around the top 3%. Therefore you are talking about around 200,000 players compared to 7.8 million. I'm not saying the game should be centered around noobs, but just because a champion isn't that great in ranked doesn't mean they can't own normal games where the team is not a coordinated team. You throw 5 random people together, it's obvious there will be a lack of coordination, and if it takes an entire team to counter a champion, you have a problem. You act as if normals don't matter, they do. Just because someone doesn't want to stress themselves over a game doesn't mean they can't play it competitively. I've played ranked, i just don't find it appealing. First time i played ranked i got up to 1467 rating withing 5 games. First time i played ranked with a 3v3 team we went 7-0 and then got put up against a 1587 team with 18 times more ranked games played than us. First time we did 5v5s, we also went above 1400 (and we had 2 casual players if you know what i mean) We aren't bad just because we play normals, we just don't want to have all the stress related to it. But when you see a blitzcrank in 50% of normal games because of the effect of how he can carry, or a vayne because of her team destroying abilities. You have to think... Yes they can be countered if you have a coordinated team but when you have 5 randoms, it doesn't work out that way all the time.
yes, there is an issue with a champ being like that. It happens in alot of games. Its called "warping the game" In a strategy game this is actually kindof a common occurance. But balancing the game to suit the needs of people who can't deal with it isn't going to solve the porblem. There will always be some champ that can warp the game no matter what game it is. Typically there is a price to be paid for playing such champs in coordinated play but not in casual play. Its partially just a matter of whether to waterdown the strategy gaming aspect or not.

Heres another problem though. Do you blame the champ because casual players don't understand the game? When you log in, how do you learn what splitpushing is or the difference between an assassin and a burst fighter? Why can't jayce be a carry, he's got just as much range as vayne and can do alot of damage I think. When do I go baron, what is the dragon for. I don't even think they really even explain that you aren't supposed to get two boots. Stay behind your minions summoner, wouldnt want you tanking towers for your team. Watch out! youre low on hp, Mundo can't possibly function like that! What we need is a better means of teaching. Imagine if the game of chess was watered down to meet the needs of the masses. Kings pawn openings are too safe, better nerf the nadjorf.

There's more than one way to approach it, nerfs and such arent' going to fix it nor should they be the first option.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X74X

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathful Panda View Post
And here is a logical rebuttal to your joke.

- Jax isn't even strong anymore and you rarely hear any complaints about him
- Teemo is only aggravating, he isn't considered OP by any means, just annoying
- Orianna wouldn't be deleted, just nerfed a bit, she contributes an excessively high amount to team fights.
- MF is rarely used and her damage isn't even that high. Corki on the other hand is used much more due to his escapability and damage.
- Why not? It's a skill shot
- There are no problems with mobility, in fact, i don't see where you even got this from, perhaps you play with people who are inable to CC?
- That's what the fighter class already is, people like lee sin and nocturne who can tank while also dealing good damage and being able to assassinate people.
- Please explain why, any single target damager won't contribute as much as a character like orianna to winning the game, why? because you need AOE CC.

- Already countered with my previous statements
- Sona is barely used in normals anyway, don't see how this is an issue. Alistar, Blitz, and Leona are used more.
- Draven is the same thing as every AD carry, you would have more basis saying Vayne because she can do more than Draven can and has a good escape mechanic. Also, Caitlyn nerf? Since when has caitlyn even been close to overpowered. She's a solid AD carry but many outclass her. Her Q is basically useless towards later game, her traps and W are the only abilities it is actually worth to use in a teamfight.
He's not stating any of them are actually OP or should be deleted, he's saying that whiners and complainers often do, and that's why many of their threads are downvoted to smithereens. All the "this champ or that champ is OP because I just fought them 5 minutes ago and they ****ed me in the ass" gets old after the 500 thousandth time it's been said and regurgitated with little real defense or facts of any kind besides winrate and other statistics; which almost all the time don't even matter. If there was an actual ELABORATE post explaining why a champion is OP that brought actual issues up and suggested reasonable fixes, besides "make it easier for me to kill this champion without doing anything other than spamming abilities", this whole downvoting thing would never be a problem. But it persists, and as a result, they get downvoted.


12