3,000 petition signatures later...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thejo0vler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-26-2012

put me in the boat of hating the old 3v3, loving the new one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
You mean to say they didn't listen to you.

I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I know a lot of people complained about the old TT...which is why there weren't that many players in the first place.

They did listen to the community. They listened for a couple years actually. You just don't like the changes so now you cry that they don't listen.
Sure they listened, but the change they did was completely different from what was being asked. You do not understand this because you were not a TT fan. These two maps have two different play styles. THE ONLY things that are the same, there are two lanes, one middle jungle, and two nexus to destroy with towers attempting to prevent the enemy from getting there.

Riot took what we were asking way too far. They made a new map, good for them. We didn't' ask for this new map to be replaced altogether. At what point did anyone who was asked what they wanted to changed, say they wanted two altars and a speed shrine.

Hrm, I think I read somewhere that they were working with some of the better TT ranked players. Yes, that is definitely most of the player base. Yes Riot did a good job listening to the "majority".

Yes there are a bunch of people liking this new 3v3 map, some of them are even old TT fans. Cool. However I've seen plenty of people saying they hate this new 3v3 map, or even don't like it as much as TT. They wanted a few changes here and there, and riot completely takes their suggestions and messes things up. Riot listened to TT fans wanting a bit of a change here and there, crumbled up the complain sheet, took the first design idea from random map roulette and replaced a map that alot of old TTers with this unacceptable "replacement". People would not complain if this new map had NOT replaced TT. Most of the Old TT fans would ENJOY it, since it is a new map for 3v3ers, and might even bring some new people into the old TT's games who have been exposed to the 3v3 battlefields.

What Riot did would be similar if the people who ran American Football decided to put up some points that one of the teams had to stand on in order to get some sort of buff/point advantage over the other team. And the size of the map is now smaller, Ohh also neither team will be able to tell what yard they are at or how much time is left in the match. There you go, a game that many people love is changed. I wonder how many people who spent the majority of their sunday/monday/wheneverday watching that sport would be upset and angered.

"But AlphaQtwentythree... Football and League of Legends are not the same thing..."

Bull ****. Watching football is a hobby, playing League of legends is a Hobby. Yeah sure some people may have given up their lives to play video games like League of legends and others. The same can be said about people watching football. The same can be said about people working to much and neglecting their family, family time with them. The same can be said about religion that more than a few people have become fanatic over.

If you don't like the old TT, good for you. Enjoy the new map or don't, it is your decision to decide what hobby or activity you wish to do. Having both 3v3 maps would not effect you in anyway other than seeing the Real Twisted Treeline showing up under the classics, and this new Shadow Isles showing up under either its own category or dominion.

"But AlphaQtwentyphree... Phink of all the quetimes growing longer because of the separation of players picking between the two 3v3's."

Bull ****. A lot of old TT players have stopped playing the new 3v3, or are playing the new 3v3 and wishing for the old TT, or have even moved on from LoL altogether. Yes there have been people in previous threads stating that they know people who use to play TT and like the new map better. Claiming I should stop speaking for "all" the TT players. Hmmm, So maybe people like that one should relearn the ability to read. I did not just say "all" of the old TT players, I said many of them. In case people like you forgot what I just typed, I said many, not all. M.a.n.y. You know as in a good chunk of them but not all of them...

Hey guess what, there is a good chunk/many of the old TT players who have been separated from the 3v3 maps. Sure you may not notice it since there is a surge in people clamoring over this new map. Sure quite a few of them are old TT fans. But unlike what you seem to notice, that is also not "all" of them.


R.I.P Twisted Treeline, You will be missed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post
Speaking of fallacy, how do you know that "most TT players" got upset? As I started previously, there are millions of people who play League of Legends, and a small percentage that actually expresses their opinions on the forums.

To further combat your argument, I loved the last TT, and I love this TT even more.
Also to counter your point, there was an even smaller percentage of the community than the percentage you were just talking about, that was behind the "Ideas" of this new 3v3 non Twisted Treeline map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-27-2012

miss all the good items the new tt took out all the good tanking items and fun buff the game had

R.I.P. TT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-27-2012

This is now a thread to say your goodbyes.

RIP Twisted Treeline, I will miss the large majority of matches I played in you. I'll miss all of the times the enemy went for my teams nexus tower only to have me flash behind them and dash them into the fountain as Shen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q23 View Post
This is now a thread to say your goodbyes.

RIP Twisted Treeline, I will miss the large majority of matches I played in you. I'll miss all of the times the enemy went for my teams nexus tower only to have me flash behind them and dash them into the fountain as Shen.
I like what you said and i think i'll convert this thread into a cumulative goodbye thread, say 1 things you missed most the old tt and your favorite TT moment.

Good bye "Twisted" treeline, i'll miss the the sometimes crazy intense base races and late game fights. my favorite moment of 3's was getting a triple kill and dragon after spawing and ghosting to just in range(having dragon warded) then with lux ult get them all. then pushing and winning


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Yes, seriously.






Maybe I can't make a fair comparison between the two, but I was never really trying to do that. Comparatively there are not many TT players to SR players. There's a reason for that and Riot determined that it needed an overhaul. I can also see why they wouldn't want both maps in the fray. With such a small TT community, it would only segregate it further...which is also bad customer service.

Yeah about the selected sentence, you couldn't be farther from the truth. Many of the old tt players did In fact leave TT. The only reason you don't notice a difference is because of some old tt players still hanging around the SI map, or a new population in fans. They are there because they either like the new map, or are waiting for TT to come back, or just don't care.

If the old TT is brought back it would not effect you in any way other than a visual on the que list. If you think you are going to get longer que times, probably not. The people who would be returning to the old TT would be people who only played the old TT and possibly some people who joined the new 3v3.

What they did Is bad customer service, however its something that many companies and all governments and quite a few Religions seem to do. Cater to the Majority and ignore the rest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

Senior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omesh View Post
Short reply: if people want to leave the game over this, that's fine. Fewer people to clog queue lines and all that. They're overreacting, though, and in a big way, but I can't convince anyone that SI Treeline is very much the same sort of experience as Classic Treeline, but vastly improved and with its own identity (rather than "3-man SR on a smaller map with a worse jungle"). Not that it's perfect-- the altar timers need a review all around and Vilemaw should be given consideration as well-- but this is a better map. And I say this as someone who played Treeline pretty much exclusively. (And who isn't crazy about Dominion, either.)

Again, quit if you want, that's your prerogative, but I think you should give the map a fair shake once the initial frustration wears off.
Have given it many shots, You know what the bottom line for me is? It is not fun. I was playing the old tt because I loved that map set up. The fact that it was a smaller SR was perfect for me. I hated the 5v5 SR map set up since I have been on that map since early Dota. To me that map sucked after being on it for many many years. This new map I gave a shot, it turned out that the whole concept of it is not interesting to me.

Hell even dominion is alright to me though I couldn't play to many games of it in a row. This new 3v3 is just not exciting/interesting/amusing in any way for me. That is why I also have left, the only map I enjoyed is gone, the main reason I spent money on Riots fake skin products that don't do anything other than support Riot, was to support Riot and thank them with what I could about having a map I enjoy. Now they ruin it and its shown that they care more about the money than they started out saying. Sure, the main goal of any business is to make money, I get it. If Riot had both 3v3 maps they would make more money, since more people would be happy, and more people would be throwing money at the screens since they are happy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImNotKarl

Member

11-27-2012

Just want to throw it out there, I keep seeing people continue to ask for specifics about what make this map an unacceptable replacement for the old TT fans that are upset about the Shadow Isles map replacing Twisted Treeline, and claiming that none of the people complaining are including specifics on what they don't like or how to make the new map better.

On page 7 of this thread, I did exactly that, and it has gone unacknowledged. Good thing Riot fanboys even emulate Riot's approach to actively listening to the part of the community that makes them uncomfortable. You know the, "Ignore anyone that invalidates our opinion or tell them that they don't know what they want and we know best" approach.

I'm not trying to say Shadow Isles isn't fun for some people. I'm just reiterating that it's not fun for everyone, and that having both maps would be the best solution. The community has been split, but right now it's in such a way that SR has a bigger player base, or people have just left.

It's cool though. I've stopped investing money in this game, which sucks for Riot because my household just acquired a new, large source of income through my love's job, and even when things were meager we spent money on this game. We were planning on setting aside enough to buy all the skins and bundles available that we don't currently own by the end of August. For both of our accounts. Not going to happen now. Customer service will always be the deciding factor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-27-2012

R.I.P TT how I loved ward jumping with you.
Playing Jax or Kat bounding from ward to ward
Sometimes invading a nexus sometimes to save my own
O how you shall be missed