You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Someday you might understand the difference between civil discourse and brown-nosing. Bask in your ignorance if you like, but calling me a kiss-ass only shows the community how little you know.
What do you expect from GD really? There's barely any civil discussion here and that guy just proves it. Flawed logic, terrible grammar and dictation, and nothing else but a little mad kid raging in the forums .

Hierarch DF

11-26-2012

Quote:
Someday you might understand the difference between civil discourse and brown-nosing. Bask in your ignorance if you like, but calling me a kiss-ass only shows the community how little you know.
my ignorance? how little I know?
DON'T BE SO PROUD OF U when u also have a few kiss 4sses (or maybe ur smurfs, just like XJ9) on this forum, where is dominated by kiddos under 10-year-old
if u are as good as ur assumption for urself, then why don't u go get 2500 elo and then be a pro-player that saves NA teams from falling behind?
or, at least, stop calling urself MATHmage when u know Asians are also 10x better on math?

Steven Deschain

11-26-2012

See, this kind of behavior is what makes this game fun, not the being brutally abusive part but you know, come on, emote spamming? That stuff is funny as hell on the right champions, this game is gonna have all padded champs with nerf weapons and no losers, now everybody is a winner! It's lame as hell that they ban for even the slightest infractions now.

Pıg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

You can always delay taunts, but that wouldn't be fun. But having it not delayed makes it spammable/toxic. I still don't think it's fairly toxic enough to ban someone for just spamming it with the time they spam, you might as well go in for the kill or something instead of reacting with rage or something. You can even just turn off game sound and not hear it. Simple enough I assume.

Hierarch DF

11-26-2012

Quote:

As for the rest of your post, naturally it's up to you to determine what you consider the behavior of a jerk who deserves punishment, but judging by your posting behavior, I rather doubt your judgment will be shared by the rest of the community. Enjoy having zero report weight.
for the rest of ur post, u are denying ur own "jerk logic"
and sorry to tell u that I don't report someone who doesn't follow enemy mid laner and countergank
nor will I report anyone who spams emotes

Korean Pop

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I will re-quote what I said earlier on this subject:

I bring this up, because I think you bring up a reasonable fear:

"If I slip up in one game do I have to worry about a ban?"

But the easy answer is: No. You don't.

Everyone slips up at times. Everyone has their bad days. Everyone can be a little bit grumpy. Those are not the kinds of people the tribunal is looking for.

The Tribunal is looking for players that repeatedly and consistently display toxic behavior in their games. This player is the perfect example of this. Not to mention that he had already been warned with a reform card by the system a month ago. But has refused to adjust his behavior.

Dear Elric,

I've spent some extensive analysis on your harassment history and can determine that despite your occasional taunt as Singed, you are indeed (at this time) not a jerk and do not have to worry about a tribunal suspension.

In fact, you've only been reported in .02% of the games you've played in the history of your account.

I wonder what makes your situation so much more different from the case we're discussing?
I am 放課後1h. It's nice to see a red response finally. Yes I was given a reform card a month ago. You failed to mention that it was for a different reason (related to gg noobs) which I no longer do.

So the final verdict is: if people ask me to stop, I must comply. Is this correct?

Also can you talk to the development team about adding a cool down to laughs/taunts similarly to pings so that I have a reference on what is acceptable?

ZeroKuno

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Equals LAG View Post
for the rest of ur post, u are denying ur own "jerk logic"
and sorry to tell u that I don't report someone who doesn't follow enemy mid laner and countergank
nor will I report anyone who spams emotes
I wonder how often you get reported. Must suck to put up a fake smile and be fake to people in games just to gain ELO right?

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

Quote:
I never said 'pro'. Hell, I compete in some of those piddly local events, and I have no illusions about my standing relative to the pros.

But the ranked ladder, and ESPECIALLY solo queue ladder, where game-to-game results matter not one whit, is not competitive in the way that ANY tournament is.

Also, get some perspective. Trash talking is not going to bridge the skill gap between a ranked solo queue player and a pro. If anything, it will make the solo queue player less likely to find a team willing to sign him on. So to the extent that solo queue matters as a feeder environment for actual competition, being a trash talker can only hurt you. Which is not to say that a trash talker can't make the pros, of course, but the pros aren't pros because they got an advantage from trash talking.
For the most part, I agree.
Though many people take the game way too seriously--a level beyond of what you'd expect even from a tournament.

Perspective tells me that the stereotype trash talking will not change anything.
"Trash" talking, in the sense of fodder that appears to be nothing/unrelated, however, can plant seeds of doubt.
This is key (well, I guess not key, but it's a powerful aspect) in both Panther and offensive Tai Chi (and one version of Dragon ) styles, where every single thing of everything can carry significant weight.

TrolImanship

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
You can see in his matches that other players ask him to stop. They even do so nicely at some points. But this player doesn't care. He doesn't care because he's being a jerk.
I have people ask me nicely to "stop feeding" or "stop trolling" all the time. Not because they want to be nice to me, I'm sure, they just think I'm hurting their chances of winning and want me to play really well or they'll blame the loss entirely on me. And hell, sometimes it might be my fault, since I'm just not a very good player. Even with meta picks I'm going to win some games and lose some games. But when I go non-meta (especially support, which everybody hates, and I play non-meta just to get SOME enjoyment out of the game) every single time that I do badly I get this "OMG stop trolling!" speil spammed at me. Not because I'm actually trolling. Just because I'm not doing well and they want me to get banned for it. And at some point you just have to stop caring when that 200th person tells you never to play ranked again until you learn to play sona and taric and soraka because support is the easiest role and MY GOD you're bad you can't even support properly it's a good thing I didn't let you take A DIFFERENT role let me sit here explaining just how bad you are by the way I'm reporting you!

It doesn't even matter if I tell people before champ select. If I say I'm a bad support, they assume I'm a good support who doesn't want to play it. No. I'm a ****ing awful support who also doesn't want to play it. I'm also a piss-poor ad carry. I suck in bot lane. Nobody believes me. They just think I'm a troll who is intentionally fighting poor engages in bot lane and dying over and over. Literally the only two things I can do as a support are "let's fight them" and "let's not fight them and just run away". Both of which get me raged at when people tell me "nicely" to stop doing one of them and I start doing the other. It's depressing really, I wonder sometimes if I should just do everybody else a favor and quit since I'm obviously such a horrible teammate.

Hierarch DF

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
I wonder how often you get reported. Must suck to put up a fake smile and be fake to people in games just to gain ELO right?
lol
fyi, the reason why i think ur in game name is so familiar is that u are on my ignore list
but i don't block ppl who spam emotes
so u must be either a horrible feeder or a rage quitter