I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Taric has a ton of hidden power and at the same time is very easy to play. Strong support, but a boring champ overall I wish he had more to do in a fight. Passive is kinda lame, but it creates a bit of gameplay for him in lane which
First of all, the suspense... it's killing me... or was the sentence really meant to end with which?

Otherwise, what do you feel about a Taric that isn't going dupport? Do yo uthink he could be a viable top/mid and if you do, in what conditions. Worst case, I've heard about Jungle Taric (Innate+Q for sustain, Stun+W+R for ganks)

blazerboy

11-26-2012

Wait, so this new champ, she's basically a female version of Lee Sin, the Blind Monk?

Uroboros

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
Before I knew about the inner workings of riot, I kind of assumed there was just one big team that worked on every individual champ, but have since learned that there is usually only one or two designers for a champ, but there are many many different designers. Do you really think this is the best way to do it? What if there's something another designer could've done to a champion that would've made him even more awesome? Additionally, sometimes particular people are given the task to complete a giant undertaking, like xyph with the s3 item remake, and guinsoo with the s2 jungle remake. Doesn't putting such a huge part of the game in the hands of one person mean that the game changes in one way when it could've gone another way in the hands of another designer? I'm not really concerned because the champs you've put out are all pretty awesome, though I've come to have certain expectations (this is is a xypherous champ, so he's going to be awesome). I'm just wondering what you guys think are the benefits of having just one designer per champion rather than some other system.
By keeping things small, I think Riot is employing the "Too many cooks in the kitchen" philosophy. By having one large team, that means everyone has a say, which can be a bad thing; egos tend to get in the way, even unintentionally, in large groups. By having several small teams of 4-5 designers, you can be working on a lot more champions at the same time.

Timjin

11-26-2012

Quote:
65 + 66:

Nope, Parrot is working with Volty on that one.

Actually collaborating with him and TeaTime on a champ still in concepting. I've got a kit tumbling around in my head and they're creating some awesome visuals.
Both very good things to hear. (More awesome heroic women!)

UglyDoge

11-26-2012

What were your favorite classes from FE? Do you have any FE-inspired champion ideas floating around?

Xhandel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

can you give us some spoiler about new champs ideas you have right now?

Thane Soren

Recruiter

11-26-2012

When are you buffing Talon?

Cha0sniper

11-27-2012

Quote:
Played dota (all Riki all the time) and DotA 2 (PL #1). I think they're both good games. There's a reason DotA all-stars spawned an entire genre.

Hmmm how to describe DotA 2...Compared to LoL it feels 2X better when you're winning and 5X worse when you're losing. Very punishing game. In the end I like LoL more mainly because in DotA there's a lot of design decisions that were made that are supposedly supposed to add to "skill" but imo just detract from gameplay and add frustration. Examples include creep blocking, creep pulling (and the warding required to prevent it), and insanely long cast animations. That stuff just feels clunky as hell. I accepted those problems in DotA 1 because "that's how WC3 works," but I expected them to be removed in DotA 2. Was disappointed when they were not.

As a comparison point: Brood War had no worker rallies. SCV's would spawn and sit around until you told them to go mine. What if Blizzard had decided not to put worker rally points into SC2? That would have been a terrible choice IMO. Some would argue that it takes "skill" to remember to go back to your base every 15 seconds and tell your new SCV to start mining. I would argue it takes being a robot. Worker rallies removed one of the mundane boring parts of the game and gave players more mind space to focus on fun things that took real talent (like marine micro).

All that said, I still enjoy DotA and play it from time to time. The "playing as" experience is very very satisfying. Characters like AM, Riki, PL, and Weaver are crazy fun. Their items also rock. Like seriously. Those actives. So cool.
What's your opinion on the built-in 0.4 second delay on actions in DotA 2? It's something they left in because it was in the WC3 engine and the game is (apparently) balanced around it, but it is the most infuriating thing about DotA2 for me, especially after playing so much league with a ~100ms ping.

Cripple

11-27-2012

Does your champion has an ability with incredible cool targeting such as Viktor Laser ?

Xephen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Do you wish you had an item named after you? and if so what would it be, and what would it do?