You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobgrenade

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
I think we can all agree that everything that is wrong with the US can be boiled down to this simple fact.
This is the single best post in the thread.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

11-26-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaken View Post
This extremely bothers me because this isn't based on rules. This is based off of personality and opinions. In one game, if you spam emotes the entire game, but no one seems to mind, then you would think its okay. However, in another game, where people can be oversensitive, it maybe not be okay. This makes it so that spamming emotes are based on whether people are hurt by it or whether they find it annoying while others can find it to be hilarious.
I will re-quote what I said earlier on this subject:

Quote:
This is not an isolated 5 games this player has done this. He has repeatedly found ways to annoy and harass other players. That's the main reason he has a tribunal case in the first place.

Lyte has mentioned this in the past, but the Tribunal is really great at finding jerks in our game. But it's not always great at providing the full context of just how much of a jerk they are. But always keep in mind it takes many reports, in many games, by many people to even be considered for the Tribunal. The system may only pull 1 to 5 chat logs for a case, but make no doubt about it, the accused has been reported in many many more games than that.
I bring this up, because I think you bring up a reasonable fear:

"If I slip up in one game do I have to worry about a ban?"

But the easy answer is: No. You don't.

Everyone slips up at times. Everyone has their bad days. Everyone can be a little bit grumpy. Those are not the kinds of people the tribunal is looking for.

The Tribunal is looking for players that repeatedly and consistently display toxic behavior in their games. This player is the perfect example of this. Not to mention that he had already been warned with a reform card by the system a month ago. But has refused to adjust his behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric Sadricson View Post
Dear Riot,

During my time playing league of legends, I've spent quite a bit of time watching live streams and following you folks at Riot. After seeing how much fun some of the Riot staff as well as Dyrus, a fairly well known streamer have had by playing Singed and spamming /laugh, I started playing Singed.

While playing Singed, I regularly spam /laugh because I think you guys did a great job on it and it's hillarious, I do tend to spam it all game long because I enjoy it so much, and I've seen Dyrus as well as Riot employees do the same thing, and usually they're laughing or grinning in real life as they do it, because it's very amusing.

Do I now have to worry about losing my account that I've spent... god... probably close to $1000 on now (yes I know I don't have badges, I'm not a super amazing player, not the kind someone would want to watch, but I enjoy this game greatly and have chosen to show it by buying pretty much everything that I'd want to have) all because I spam emotes?

After spending almost $1000 on my account, would you actually ban me and take it all away for spamming a /laugh the same way I've seen streamers and Riot employees do countless times? Must I now limit my fun and not use certain features of the game to amuse myself for the risk of being banned and having an account that I've put so much into taken away?

This makes me sad
Dear Elric,

I've spent some extensive analysis on your harassment history and can determine that despite your occasional taunt as Singed, you are indeed (at this time) not a jerk and do not have to worry about a tribunal suspension.

In fact, you've only been reported in .02% of the games you've played in the history of your account.

I wonder what makes your situation so much more different from the case we're discussing?

IdkiPickedaName

11-26-2012

Wait dude you can seriously get reported and temp banned for spamming emotes? o.O

Good thing I don't play Trundle as much as I used to, I use his emotes non-stop most games... Does that make me a jerk? o.o I do it because I like his emotes. This case is sort of like people telling you to turn your music down because they don't like the genre.

Nyxling

11-26-2012

I can't believe so many people are honestly trying to make slippery slope arguments and/or claiming the tribunal is totally invalidated due to edge cases (which won't actually get you into the tribunal in the first place btw, remember? Consistent harassment history required.)

c'mon guys, you're smarter then this.

Xenîth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

I will agree on stopping the emote spam if teammates ask. But just because the enemy team is annoyed. I don't intend on stopping. They can stop me by killing my champion. I'm not playing the game to hold the enemy team's hand. I enjoy friendly banter. Discussion of what could have been done differently from both sides. But I will not be merciful towards enemy tears on my taunt, laugh, joke, dance.

I think those four are my inalienable rights as a LoL player.

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Dear Elric,

I've spent some extensive analysis on your harassment history and can determine that despite your occasional taunt as Singed, you are indeed (at this time) not a jerk and do not have to worry about a tribunal suspension.
To be fair, Wookie, you are not the one that determines if he will be banned, do you?
Isn't it up to the community?

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxling View Post
I can't believe so many people are honestly trying to make slippery slope arguments and/or claiming the tribunal is totally invalidated due to edge cases (which won't actually get you into the tribunal in the first place btw, remember? Consistent harassment history required.)

c'mon guys, you're smarter then this.
Apparently they are not. For what I see in these responses is, "ERMAGERD I spammed emotes in one game I'm getting banned F U Riot". I can't believe the lack of courtesy and common sense this community has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Zenith View Post
I will agree on stopping the emote spam if teammates ask. But just because the enemy team is annoyed. I don't intend on stopping. They can stop me by killing my champion. I'm not playing the game to hold the enemy team's hand. I enjoy friendly banter. Discussion of what could have been done differently from both sides. But I will not be merciful towards enemy tears on my taunt, laugh, joke, dance.

I think those four are my inalienable rights as a LoL player.
Again, there's a difference between friendly banter and ridiculous spam. If every time you kill your enemy you use your /t it doesn't matter, if no matter what you spam your /t every second of every game then yeah, that's a problem. See the difference between the two? It's really not that complicated. :/.

RazorWarrior

11-26-2012

WookieeCookie you're my favorite red.

DrUnne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
To be fair, Wookie, you are not the one that determines if he will be banned, do you?
Isn't it up to the community?
Except that it was said he has only been reported in .02 of his games, which means it is extremely unlikely that he will ever be included in the tribunal. So no, it's not up to the community.

Heres to you Kid

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouthink View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5930455/#nogo

Banned for spamming emotes on Proving Grounds?

Is this a joke?

Edit: To be clear, this isnt me. I just think its kind of dumb to ban someone for that.
thats hilarious