Dota 2 or LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scimatth7

11-26-2012

If I was completely honest with myself, I would have to say that I actually like DoTA 2 more.
So, why do I keep coming back to LoL?

Potential.

"dota is dota is dota." It's fun. It makes you feel powerful yet vulnerable. And it's free. O so free.

But it will always be DoTA. It will never innovate on the formula. In a way, that's half the reason I love it. But on the other hand, I love seeing all the neat stuff that Riot comes up with. Many of their recent champs have featured new and interesting mechanics. S3 is (finally)shifting towards more active-orientated items. Riot has the freedom mix up the gameplay whenever they deem necessary.

So, while I must admit that DoTA still holds my heart, LoL will always keep me coming back due to this one major advantage.

Vrouge

11-26-2012

I feel that Dota is a game that just has more depth and is more dynamic in its mechanics and yet is just as easy to pick up (perhaps a little bit harder). Strangely enough I find it more fun.

Brendon12343

11-26-2012

Dota has alot of neat things to do while playing the game.
But i dont like how you can get free champions in dota.
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8619/2204355.swf

TheMonocleRogue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Both games are fun, but I love Dota 2 for all its worth. LoL is just too linear in its gameplay compared to Dota 2. LoL's meta hasn't shifted in years using the same 2 bot, 1 top lane, 1 middle, 1 jungle strategy and a lot of the top tier champions there are constant picks & bans.

In Dota 2, a pro gamer can pick up a tier 5 hero and dominate the game with them (see Dendi), hero roles are very well defined, and there are such legitimate strategies as having a tri-lane to protect the carry or having a semi-carry ganker who dominates early but falls off late game roam the map.

c4lm

11-26-2012

LOL is incompetent because there is no way to stop a champion from achieving late game power.

The irelia that died 4 times in lane to garen still gets to kill garen at 35 minutes (unless garen somehow 100% zones her from tower farm and never leaves lanes).

Dobagoh

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
LOL is incompetent because there is no way to stop a champion from achieving late game power.

The irelia that died 4 times in lane to garen still gets to kill garen at 35 minutes (unless garen somehow 100% zones her from tower farm and never leaves lanes).
i killed nautilus as teemo twice in lane within the first 10 minutes. past that point, he completely owned me simply by maxing his shield and other gay ****

once i fb'd shen with Jax...and proceeded to get stomped

but i'm also very bad at this game

Eggimannd

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimatth7 View Post
If I was completely honest with myself, I would have to say that I actually like DoTA 2 more.
So, why do I keep coming back to LoL?

Potential.

"dota is dota is dota." It's fun. It makes you feel powerful yet vulnerable. And it's free. O so free.

But it will always be DoTA. It will never innovate on the formula. In a way, that's half the reason I love it. But on the other hand, I love seeing all the neat stuff that Riot comes up with. Many of their recent champs have featured new and interesting mechanics. S3 is (finally)shifting towards more active-orientated items. Riot has the freedom mix up the gameplay whenever they deem necessary.

So, while I must admit that DoTA still holds my heart, LoL will always keep me coming back due to this one major advantage.
Let's get something straight here. LoL does not innovate. Most of the things that make the game appealing have absolutely nothing to do with innovation but more so to do with the fact it's a simplified/different paced Dota. There's nothing Riot added that hasn't really been done before.

Deconstructor32

11-27-2012

Why can't you play both?

SSyangNyung

11-27-2012

u kidding??

of course LoL

Aircross

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon12343 View Post
Dota has alot of neat things to do while playing the game.
But i dont like how you can get free champions in dota.
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8619/2204355.swf
What's so bad about getting all the heroes for free in Dota 2?

No need to grind to unlock all the heroes.

50% of Dota 2 is hero picking, and limiting heroes hurts the game.