Why isn't there a sellback system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pizza on a Bun

11-26-2012

achooooooooo

Nisshoku03

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

"Undo last purchase" Button

would fully refund basic items,
break advanced+ into components and refund combine gold,
cannot break advanced items if there are insufficient slots
also, items don't take effect until the undo period is over

alaskaneagle

11-26-2012

I've accidentally bought the wrong item before when I was switching jobs, or a lag spike hit and made me double or triple buy.... which was fine, everyone needs 3 lvl 1 boots....

so I'd really like to see it made where you can sell the items you just bought till you leave the platform for full value.

Pizza on a Bun

12-10-2012

booompie

Neko tan

12-10-2012

Be gp
Buy a hat
Ult
Sell hat

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

a better idea is to allow the item to be resold so long as the shop window remains opened and once it closes the items are nonrefundable.

Pizza on a Bun

12-17-2012

Riot pls.

Apollinarius

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkJugg24 View Post
For example in DOTA 2 (not to cause a ruckus) you can sell an item back in the next 5 seconds to get the full price of it.

There have been too many occasions where I miscalculated at bought the wrong items.

As a result I'd be short on the stats I wanted to improve.
Karthus goes back to base with 1600 gold. He buys Needlessly Large Rod. He presses R. He sells rod and buys catalyst of the protector and goes back to lane.

That is why sellback doesn't work in League of Legends. The only reason it works in Dota 2 is because the game is still in beta. Zeus buys Refresher Orb. Ult, Refresh, Ult. he sells Refresher orb and buys the rest of the pieces for the Scepter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisshoku03 View Post
"Undo last purchase" Button

would fully refund basic items,
break advanced+ into components and refund combine gold,
cannot break advanced items if there are insufficient slots
also, items don't take effect until the undo period is over
That would solve some problems, but create new ones. It would mean that your items don't take effect when you buy them. The 5 second delay could be critical sometimes. What if you bought an item straight up? You'd be pretty upset if refund didn't work (accidentally buying Zhyonia's instead of Deathcap) in specific situations where you had only one slot open.

It is better overall for there to be no refund feature and for people to expect the behavior and adapt to it than for them to have a refund feature that they learn to rely on but that screws them intermittently.

Apollinarius

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
a better idea is to allow the item to be resold so long as the shop window remains opened and once it closes the items are nonrefundable.
This could work because at the moment, you cannot do anything else while shop is open. On the other hand, people are petitioning for an option to turn off this feature so that they can still cast CV and do other such things while the shop is open.