Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDpark

11-25-2012

another question,
Where in the world does irelia's damage come from?

I lose trades in lane, and I shouldn't.
I usually, dash + e (E first if they're close enough) then auto + w or back off.

I get Phage + mallet. Then If im doing well, go for the trinity, if not, mallet.
Because I usually get mallet,
for armor, atmas,
for mr, hexdrinker -> maw

9/21/0
Ms quints, armor seals, mr/lv glyphs, ad marks.

I can't seem to play well with Irelia,
I know my job is to shut down carries and dive them after initiation.

Also, what should my skill order be?
I have trouble with this one, and switch it up every time.

Junction IV

11-25-2012

When ever I play top lane I have a hard time establishing control of the lane, as my pokes don't seem work out so well. Any general tips on how to dominate top lane early game?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Thnx for the quick reply, it still amazes me that you answer so many questions and take the time out do it

So for when you have time:

1. I understand that, but that isn't something I can really control. People will jungle wheever they feel like, and seem to rarely communicate. The reason why mentioned jungling is because it's something that interests me greatly as I've been playing LoL for well over a year now but haven't had the time to jungle as I'm always below tier 3 on my accounts xD

2. Thnx for the list. I'm already playing quite a bit of Jax and I gave up cos I'm so bad as him. I've tried Vlad also and enjoyed him. I look forward to Jayce and Irelia in the near future

3. Runes for Kat? Just straight up AP/AP Pen + MR + Armour?

For Kat, use magic pen mark, armor seal, flat MR glyph, AP quints or movement speed quints.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr View Post
Hey Ken,
I was just wondering if Tri-force is still good on corki+ez
I can understand the phage procs and the sheen but beside thoose im still wondering if it wouldn't be better to just build bt/pd into lw?
Trinity is still good if you make good use out of it. The thing about them not building BT/ PD is because
Ezreal: AS buff from passive
Corki: Rocket proc sheen

HOWEVER. BT/pd is still a legit build no matter what, although sometime you will prefer to have phage/ sheen proc for slow/ damage.

ExecutionerKen

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
another question,
Where in the world does irelia's damage come from?

I lose trades in lane, and I shouldn't.
I usually, dash + e (E first if they're close enough) then auto + w or back off.

I get Phage + mallet. Then If im doing well, go for the trinity, if not, mallet.
Because I usually get mallet,
for armor, atmas,
for mr, hexdrinker -> maw

9/21/0
Ms quints, armor seals, mr/lv glyphs, ad marks.

I can't seem to play well with Irelia,
I know my job is to shut down carries and dive them after initiation.

Also, what should my skill order be?
I have trouble with this one, and switch it up every time.
You are using your skill wrong
1. Q proc on hit effect
aka, use W before you use Q.

Max W, now you will see all your damage.

ExecutionerKen

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction IV View Post
When ever I play top lane I have a hard time establishing control of the lane, as my pokes don't seem work out so well. Any general tips on how to dominate top lane early game?
Depend on the champion pick, most champion for solo top has the ability to win the lane via poking, such as Riven, Rumble, Vlad, and Kennen. There are some champions that must level up before they win the lane as well, like Irelia, Jax, and sometime, Olaf. Be sure that you estimate the power between your champion and the enemy champion before you poke/ go all in.

Malfotores

11-26-2012

I've heard that Rengar is a good champion at top and his early level combos really hurts.
But when I tried to play Rengar, I can't seem to "dominate" my enemy with him.
How to play Rengar top? In laning phase
Also, what should I do as a Rengar at team fights?
And then, what's the combo for Rengar?
Sorry for lots of question

Chopinator

11-26-2012

So I will be level 20 today or tomorrow and will be able to get tier 3 runes. I only have 2 rune pages and will keep it that way for now.

So to my first set of questions -
Is their a hybrid rune page I can use at level 20+ that will work for both AD and AP ? If so what is it? (Note: I will run Masteries that are specific to AP or AD)

Is their a hybrid rune page I can use at level 20+ that will work for Tank\Support\Jungle? If so what is it? (Note: I will run Masteries that are specific to Tank\Support\Jungle)

Now for my questions on XP\IP -
Do you get less of both as you get higher in levels? I noticed that I was getting close to 100 XP and 100 IP per game when I was lower levels. Now I am getting 50\50, does anyone know why this is ?

ExecutionerKen

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfotores View Post
I've heard that Rengar is a good champion at top and his early level combos really hurts.
But when I tried to play Rengar, I can't seem to "dominate" my enemy with him.
How to play Rengar top? In laning phase
Also, what should I do as a Rengar at team fights?
And then, what's the combo for Rengar?
Sorry for lots of question
Jump > Q > W > E > back off

Make good use of your W passive heal, and be sure that you reset autoattack timer with Q.
Rengar is strong at poking the enemy, and burst the enemy down with his 5 stack (double proc Q)

In team fight you should be aimming for the enemy carries. In most cases you will be able to burst them down, and if the enemy isn't careful with peeling for the carry, you will eve get out alive, and most likely win the team fight because the enemy lack carries.

the combo of Rengar varies, but usually you will want to use your ult to catch people and gain vision, follow up by autoattack (jump), and then double proc Q or use the snare so the team can catch up, finally kill him in one full rotation of spells.

ExecutionerKen

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
So I will be level 20 today or tomorrow and will be able to get tier 3 runes. I only have 2 rune pages and will keep it that way for now.

So to my first set of questions -
Is their a hybrid rune page I can use at level 20+ that will work for both AD and AP ? If so what is it? (Note: I will run Masteries that are specific to AP or AD)

Is their a hybrid rune page I can use at level 20+ that will work for Tank\Support\Jungle? If so what is it? (Note: I will run Masteries that are specific to Tank\Support\Jungle)

Now for my questions on XP\IP -
Do you get less of both as you get higher in levels? I noticed that I was getting close to 100 XP and 100 IP per game when I was lower levels. Now I am getting 50\50, does anyone know why this is ?
1. AD mark, armor seal, MR glyph, AD quints.
This is not the best rune page, but every single champion can run this page.
2. No, each role has a specific rune page, especially junglers, some need attack speed, while others need AD (Lee sin)
3. Are you playing bots? you gain less xp as you get to higher level against bots. Also, there is a bonus XP and IP system for lower level summoners.