No one cares about honoring anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by janin0297 View Post
You're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
Well said.
+1 honor.
Thank you!

dunku

11-26-2012

sometimes the losers don't want to give out honorable oponents because they're mad they lost, and prolly hate the other teams guts.

sometimes i don't even recieve teamwork even if i carried the game and have the most assists. especially since i jungle 50% of my games.

I don't really care about honors, but when someone asks for honors i hate that. I just tell them, no honor for you since you ask. I was going to do it anyways lol.

I'm glad i already got my ribbon when i was like lvl 10 or 15 xD
now I'm 30 and the honor ratio dropped a bunch.

Janin

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Absolutely. I report people who ask for honors... I don't know if anything will ever come of the reports, but I do know that if honors become traded like that, they will lose their worth in the eyes of the players. The entire honor system would be worthless, and the good that it could and is doing for the community would be defeated.
I don't ask for them never said I did.... I just never get then even when I shook really well in a game.

first time Vayne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by janin0297 View Post
I don't ask for them never said I did.... I just never get then even when I shook really well in a game.
I was just agreeing with Tanathalis' post that asking for honors is wrong.

If you feel that you or another player may deserve honors, point it out. If someone did a great job and kept a good attitude, tell everyone you're honoring them.

If you feel you deserve honors, though, it gets more complicated. At the end of the game, try reminding everyone to honor in general. Then they'll consider it on their own. If you truly are acting honorably, then you'll get honors after that.

first time Vayne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunku View Post
sometimes i don't even recieve teamwork even if i carried the game and have the most assists. especially since i jungle 50% of my games.
It's not just the quality of your play that earns you honors. Junglers and supports and sometimes top laners are expected to let ap and ad carries get kills. That's how the game is played... Simply giving assists and carrying is not going above and beyond your expected role, which is what constitutes an honor. Honors are for truly exemplary people, not just good players.

Your attitude during the game, leadership skills, cooperation, and ability to compromise will earn you honors.

Rumolo

11-26-2012

Maybe you're right people but I have some examples that make me think, people do no honor anymore....

2 games in a row, we were 4v5, i was the jungler and we won both games. Not only me, but all the team played really well, and most important, made a great teamwork.
Only me honored my teammates....

Anyway, i don't play for honor points, so i'll keep with the same positive attitude

Cheap0

11-26-2012

With people being more selective about how they distribute honor (a good thing imo), you can't really except to receive honors just by playing, even if you play really well and carry.

The way to receive honor and really distinguish yourself from other players is to communicate with your team. That's pretty much the only way, so if you want to receive honors, focus on that. Don't just play.

mdiaz28

11-26-2012

I don't believe its wrong and not necessarily trading honor but i say don't forget to honor where appropriate in most games at the end Lobby, that's alright I you're opinions right?

But i do agree with op on some level, but i mostly think a lot if people just forget to. Its easy to remember if someone rages but doing a good game most people are just glad they had fun an leave without thinking about it.

Although I'm sure the helpful badge is hard to get lol most people who need help and aren't generally the ones who want advice without taking it the wrong way

HyndeSyte2020

11-26-2012

honoring someone for meeting an expectation of a team game, ie: doing very well at your role, is not what the intention of honor was in the first place.

I ONLY honor people that go above and beyond their role. They won't cry about being asked to get wards, or they don't even have to be asked. They actively support and maintain a helpful, positive attitude that directly contributes to a win.

But honor for going 7/3/12 or any stat really is not something that should be honored, that's doing the job.

Fluffyknowsyou

11-26-2012

I only give out honor for teamwork, which is the only thing in league that matters. xD

When I do, I never tell people nor do I ask for it in return. But in the end honor is just another number for you and your friends to look at. It will only matter if riot makes the numbers significant with some sort of bonus in the form of skins, match making, or something..