Shaco - a few questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony9691

11-26-2012

Since no other position is really viable (right now), I'll delve into jungle AD Shaco:

To answer your first question:
Only if the other team isn't extremely tanky, or have more than two champions with hard CC.
Also, be weary of your ELO situation. At low ELO, an enemy team may not grab a pink ward of oracle's to combat you, but I promise that in higher ELO they will.

To answer your second question:
I think AD Shaco is perfectly fine as-is. They buffed his E a few patches ago, and that was nice. Other than that, I think his balance is great. He just takes a high skill curve with which to be competitive.

To answer your third question:
I honestly haven't played any ranked yet this season due to my failing internet connection that randomly disconnects and won't reconnect. Last season, at almost 2K ELO, I didn't see many Shaco's, and, the ones that I did happen upon, were decimated. Shaco has been around for a while, just like many of the higher-end ELO players, so most experienced people know how to shut him down at this point.

To me, Shaco is a waste unless you have practiced him time and time again. If you get early ganks and early kills to feed him, you have a chance; but if not, he's a dead champ on a team mostly because he won't have the CS farm on which to fall back.

I don't mean to discourage you, but if you want to play Shaco in a decent ELO, you must practice him often. THERE WILL BE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. I know some people can play him very well without much practice, but that is a select few compared to how many people try- trust me.

Fluffy1

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony9691 View Post
To answer your second question:
I think AD Shaco is perfectly fine as-is. They buffed his E a few patches ago, and that was nice. Other than that, I think his balance is great. He just takes a high skill curve with which to be competitive.
actually it was shown to be a massive nerf to his early game which reduced his nessesary snowball effect meaning he never gets the late game buff it was meant to be, and even if he did the damage gain later on is both minimal and ineffective as people have bought resists by then

Sir Jungleton

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalyste View Post
These questions are directed at experienced ranked players on the viability of Shaco in higher elo ranked play. I barely see Shaco in ranked play, and when I play him myself he really does seem to fall off late game and even average players in blind pick usually wont have too much trouble with me come late game. Yes I am no great Shaco so it could be my own fault.

My questions are:

What enemy team compositions are better suited for a Shaco in your team?

Do you think Shaco needs a buff in ANY way, for example being able to take a little more damage?

What are your experiences with Shaco in mid - high elo range, playing with or against him?

Thank you very much!

add me in game ill share my secrets / shaco knowledge with u. 24 games or so played last season in ranked almost a 90% win ratio. only losses from troll teams. add me in game!