I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheScubaTurtle

11-24-2012

We need a Jafar Swain skin. Just saying.

Prof Nekko

11-24-2012

Dear RiotGypsy: Why are deep fried teemos so delicious?

G1aD0S

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
That's actually Volibear's Problem IMO. His kit doesn't bring anything that you couldn't get elsewhere. Want a bruiser on their carry? Take Noct. What a dude who can move fast and do AoE damage/slow? Take skarner. Want a decent combination of both? Take Shyvanna. Volibear kind of lacks a "signature BS move" that no one else gets and it causes him to fall out of the game unless he's OP. That's just my opinion though...
@RiotGypsy

I really want your thoughts on this.

I fear for the future of Sivir since I think Sivir might have a similar problem.

Her kit doesn't bring anything that you couldn't get elsewhere IMO. Want a bursty carry? Take Graves. What a dude who can chase/escape well? Take Corki/Ezreal. Want a decent combination of both? Pick up Teemo/Jayce. Want a team boost? Take a support. Want fast moving champ with crazy AoE all day AND team support? Go AD nidalee with a Runaan's Hurricane and Ravenous Hydra.

Sivir now kind of lacks a "signature BS move" that no one else gets due to designing her remake to fall more in line with standard ADCs added with the new Season 3 item overhaul and it causes her to fall out of the game unless she's OP.

IMHO, Sivir's reamake and the Season 3's items kinda feels like remaking Teemo's shrooms into some other thing, and then making a Season 4 support item with a Teemo shroom active without the damage. Even Banshee's Veil has been buffed to a 25 second CD in season 3, making her spell shield even less unique (Spell Shield at level 1 is on a 22 second CD. Also, if both Spell Shield and Banshee's Veil is active when a Spell hits Sivir, BOTH Shields pop.) Even if the argument was made that she could still use the items herself, Sivir has lackluster base stats in addition to that 500 range she has, making the most of the other items more effective on other champions than on Sivir. Like Volibear, I think that even though that Sivir isn't weak when played properly, she still lacks specialty in season 3 "That's just my opinion though..."

More walls of text about Sivir:

What are your thoughts on this?

Also, an awesome (incomplete) picture of Sivir cuz I love her so much.

Dark Technique

11-24-2012

Gypsy, could you do me a huge favor and drop by the skins team and ask them what they think about a new talon skin that still has that same feel as the original (where as you can tell the original is more of a stealthy, serious faced assassin, while [for example, dragonblade talon] is more of a reckless killer of an assassin)

Solari Eclipse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

We all know about Morello's hatred of suppo--- I mean dedicated healers. As a support player, what is your position on dedicated healing or what could be done to a dedicated healer to make it interesting?

Sketch

11-25-2012

Can we please make Renekton's ultimate transform him into a dog? Or Nasus turns into a crocodile alligator thing :3

TheZooblord

11-25-2012

Yet another "Hey I'm curious as to your thoughts on my champion concept post."

I feel pretty confident about it though I'm sure it needs tweaks.

So... what do you think?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2838397

Also, I never get into Fire Emblems with 3D character models over sprites. I just love the classic 2D feel of the fire emblem's I've played never really got into any of the 3D incarnations. Best handheld strategy game ever though. What are your thoughts on 2D characters vs 3D characters in Fire Emblem games?

There's just something about 2D that makes me happy when it comes to handhelds.

And yaaaay an FF Tactics fan, love those games. So many bangaa in my clan, so few slots in my battle loadout. FINAL BONUS QUESTION: Favorite FF Tactics Race/Job?

C0unt3rparts

11-25-2012

Radiant Dawn vs Path of Radiance?

Next

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

FIRE EMBLEMMMMMM. Are you looking foward to awakening?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-25-2012
55 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messylala View Post
Have you ever had a devil on horseback? It's bacon wrapped around a date wrapped around cheese.
no
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhillieSaur View Post
How hard is it to get a job in QA (Specifically Games Analyst) with Riot if I can't afford college?
College helps a ton but is not required (Morello does not have a BA). Just gotta show us how awesome you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Plos View Post
Where did the big boobs go? I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really miss them
Have you SEEN Elise? Like seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaNut View Post
I'll just leave this link to my post here, but the basic question, since it's an ask me almost anything, is would you be willing to do an e-mail interview and be asked questions related to the career of a game designer as a whole, and how new media/technology is involved in the process of designing (in your case a champion/character in a game and whatever else you may have done)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2828294
What exactly would this be for? Not sure I can give formal interviews without talking to the PR department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenNightmare View Post
If I was to create a character concept (my first one), which role would be the easier to design?

Ap Carry, Ad etc. ?
Not sure tbh, AP seems like a good place to start because all their gameplay is wrapped into their spells. AD carry is crazy hard IMO because at the end of the day your spells don't matter as much. It's all about making the right clicking feel good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharzek View Post
Gypsy, does your champion look anything like Dante from the Devil May Cry reboot.

Because you say badass, and I'm picturing silver hair, a lot of black leather, two pistols and doing flips.
That'd be pretty cool. Can't say :X. hmmmmm...Her hair is not silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Is your champ like pirate badass, bounty hunter badass, or space marine badass?
I'm not really sure here...I don't want to say the wrong thing in case I misunderstand the meaning and create false expectations. Morello was pointing in the right direction when he ref'd Jack and Starbuck.