Riot should have a "Create a Champion Contest"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nazrethim

11-14-2012

I've been following this thread for a few days, and now I decided to say something.
First of all, an excellent idea and Riot should make it a reality someday (hopefully sooner than later)
Now my idea: A rule
-Champions concepts should have a lore, abilities, item build, tips and a an image(or at least a very detailed description) of how they are supposed to look like

That way fan will have to polite their ideas to make them a viable option.
Lore: maybe the most important thing (to my point of view obviously) because it define (or should) the personality and the kind of abilities the champion have.
Abilities: what the champion can do in combat and out of it.
item build: only a reccomendation, this one is perhaps only a formalism due to the fact that almost nobody follows the item buid for most champions.
tips: how the champion is supposed to be playedor at least how to takeadvantage of his/her skills and how to counter him/her. this comes from my experience in this forum. in some of my own projects I found that people said "that skill is OP because it does bla bla bla" but when I added tips to counter the champion, those commentaries nearly disapeared, so the tips on a concept really helps the public to understand the champion.
- an image or description: do I have to explain this? problably not but I will do it anway :P
the artwork is what captures the atention of people, without an attractive aspect a concept will be dead in no time (maybe, it is never sure), but why I included "or a very detailed description"? for those people who doesn't know how to make artwork and have great concepts (I've seen many in this forum, probably same as you)

Well, sorry for the looooong text, but now I feel better for saying that.
I hope Riot read this thread and do something positive with it. ^^

SephirothWontDie

11-14-2012

i love this idea. although, what i kind of picture is a riot employee going undercover in a new account. then, they make a thread featuring 3 champions made by others. they then make it a poll on the community, asking which champ they like out of those 3, of course making it so people can only vote once. all the voting is done withing2-4 days, then at the end of those days, the winning champion is made into a living breathing champion in the League. however, it would only work once, cuz then people would be aware of it when it occured more than that. =\

Alezar

11-14-2012

I honestly don't see why this hasn't been done yet. It just seems like this forum as a whole is heavily ignored by Riot and you'd be better off making a completely joke concept in GD to get some attention from Reds. I support this idea. Though I won't lie, I'd love to the the Sentient Barn created. :P

Hand 0f Blood

11-14-2012

I've always thought that Riot should do a competition like this, it'd be great to see what great things people can come up with and so fun to play the winning champion. Plus you would feel so good to know that they looked at your design

SaintPinHead

11-14-2012

I think people are misunderstanding what I mean by "secured web page". This would be a page for submitting entries only. This would not go onto a thread, nor would it be possible for other people to view your submission. This would keep the trash talk, and other flaming down as well. Once they get it to the top 100 that "TheHat27" suggested, then they make the following public, but not in a forum.

From this point they would be able to continue forward in a fashion the they deemed worthy, which I believe could be a single vote from players (level 15+ maybe), until voting weekend is over. Another option would be to get it down to the top 25 picks that Riot likes, and then have the voting. They would show the top 10 based on votes as they progressed through the votes, updating it 2 times a day. This would not show how many votes they top ten have only that they have the most votes. After the voting then they would have the top three that Riot would pick from or players could vote once again. They could let it be player pick since they have rights to change champions to fit, and they have already decided this is something viable that could fit in the game.

Just an option, but very do able.

SaintPinHead

11-14-2012

I forgot to also state, Nazrethim, what I meant by a skeleton for the champion creation, is a blank page describing what must be in the submission. They would state that everything must be described as best as possible, but also explain everything that is needed to help illustrate the champion with words. I do not believe that pictures would be needed, as a picture that is really well done for a champion that isn't, would sway a vote quicker than a poorly drawn picture of a really great quality champion. In addition, the Riot staff will be able to take the description, and draw a crude picture for the person to be like "yeah that's pretty much my idea behind it", and turn it into a great picture. Just my thoughts on the matter, so take them as you will.

SephirothWontDie

11-14-2012

i still support this idea. lets keep hoping

TheHat27

11-24-2012

Hum, should I have not bumped this?

mhaetsts

11-25-2012

bump

SonofTiamat

11-25-2012

This is a great idea, and I would really like to see it be utilized. It would certainly throw a bone to everyone that posts on the player-concept forums. After all, if the first contest doesn't go well, then they would have learned from it and wouldn't have to host another one.

Also, perhaps to limit an excess of submissions, Riot could take into consideration only the first few hundred that were submitted?