I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Unit

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomus View Post
Personally I think you need to have a kick feature, the issue is obviously "unjust" kicking. Well i'm going to try and map out my ideas on what I think could be a working "vote to kick" model.

Just a few things first:

- A kick system should only apply in ranked
- A Troll - a person who picks a lane after it is already picked, a person who is adamant about saying he will feed, someone who is verbally abusing from the start, or inactive
- A Normal Person - not this ^

Now the Kick System:

1) The kick function should be similar to the reporting system, wherein you MUST choose a reason to kick a summoner.

a) If a summoner is kicked a report is filed against him.

2) After the vote is cast, it is passed to all other summoners (except the one who is being kicked). The screen would be the same, except for indicating the number of votes for-or-against.

a) A majority vote gets you kicked (3 votes, especially for when you get duo-trolls)

Now here is what I think solves the problem: No Time Penalty After A Kick

1) If the kick was unjust he can start-up a new match right away, and the report file will be able to prove his case.

2)For a troll he is kicked from the game, gets a file to prove it.

a) Starts up more games to troll and gets kicked again.
b) Subsequently more reports.

This system should be able to sift through and clear everything up. As your last resort you can still dodge. Lastly, unjustified kicking is taken care of. Without a time penalty everyone wins. Trolls keep getting kicked, unjustified kickees get to start up a game right after. This is just a solution I think is viable.
There's a problem I see with it though.....
What if the player who called mid is 1-10 win/loss in mid lane, and 1-8 k/d. There's no way I would risk a game with a player like that in mid. But if you don't let him go mid, you are considered a troll and are able to get banned? Role selection should be a better alternative to this, but the kicking/reporting option is also crucial.

Cha Shin Hoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?
I'd VERY much like champ select chat to be present to the Tribunal -- I've actually been able to do this by using puu.sh and screenshotting the chat before the game starts. but I'd prefer it be automatic.

Monomus

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSnipe View Post
There's a problem I see with it though.....
What if the player who called mid is 1-10 win/loss in mid lane, and 1-8 k/d. There's no way I would risk a game with a player like that in mid. But if you don't let him go mid, you are considered a troll and are able to get banned? Role selection should be a better alternative to this, but the kicking/reporting option is also crucial.
It's a proud principle of league that regardless of a players rating he is entitled to position as you are. Unfortunately situations like these do arise, and however unfair they may seem, if somebody locks in a mid before you, you're not helping your team by then locking another mid champ. But, if you lock in a mid, and then he locks in a mid he is to blame. Also in order to get you kicked everybody else would have to agree with him. If he is provably a horrible mid player then I doubt the other people would kick you.

Adeeler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?

This is completely the solution.

If you could have a secondary system i.e. you can do normal ranked solo q which means you are accepting you will have to play all roles. Or you can chose a role/s you want to play and get grouped with other ppl that also want to play certain roles.

The only issue is whether this would increase queue times as you want everyone in the same pool of players i.e. you don't want to split them into ppl that chose roles and those that don't. You will still get trolls that don't bother to chose their role and so could end up in a game the odd person out that refuses to take a suggested role for the team.

I for one would happily have longer queue times if it meant I could in preference join a game and know I could play either top/support/jungle and expect to have to play any of those three roles as required.

There are many other little things that could help. i.e. a quicker way in champion select to show who your preferred heros are. I.e.

Xyz has joined the room and prefers Sona, Soraka, Blitz
Abc has joined the room and prefers Morde, Eve, Kat
etc

Or for it to say the roles top, mid, jungle, adc, supp.

Chosing your role and being matched with ppl that also chose role would be exceptionally great. This in combination with kicking someone from the lobby with votes also will get rid of the troll before the game starts.

Reducing lobby wait times will also help a lot but will be less of an issue as you have ppl that want to play appropriate roles already so half the time between picks so even if you get into a lot of lobbies due to kicks etc its not a painful waste of time.

IS1580f53faa81943fd3059

11-25-2012

I don't have a solution to offer, though wanted to second the notion that a 30-min ban is not fun. I rarely leave a queue, ranked or otherwise, and thought I'd see a 5min ban. Having a char select full of people trolling and raging about not getting their preferred slot, I decided to drop out. I didn't want to waste 30-60 minutes with these people. As a result, I can't play for 30 minutes... It was that or mute all once ingame and not enjoy it since there would be no team communication.

This is a real problem. It needs to be addressed. Hopefully, you can find a decent solution.

Ramenhaus

11-25-2012

I can almost never play a ranked match. Last time I tried, for example, three players were completely silent and all took junglers and smite, forcing me to queue drop. By the time half and hour was up I didn't have enough time to commit to a ranked game. The system is terrible right now and needs a fix ASAP.

Why is it that the system can't punish the trolls, and not the reasonable players? Riot, please stop punishing ME for not wanting to play with trolls.

Ramenhaus

11-26-2012

Update:

Last ranked queue I was in had one player spamming this:

"
Schockblast: LETS LOSE MUAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH
"

Want to know what happened? The other four of us had to agree on who will queue drop and take the 30 minute penalty. Meanwhile Schockblast was free to troll another game.

Maybe something is wrong with the system? Riot please respond.

Beaumains

11-26-2012

Quote:
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...
What if the kicked was simply re-queued?

The upside is that anyone who's just being creative will likely find a team willing to give them a shot. The downside is that toxic players will either get bounced around, affecting many more people (albeit for much shorter times), or they will wait 'til game start to become toxic, as some currently do. Resolving that latter problem is it's own issue, but the former might be resolved with a sufficiently advanced kick feature; one that distinguishes between reasons for kicking, and that auto-suspends a player for multiple instances of egregious behaviour.

RB teh Support

11-26-2012

Quote:
It would be nice to see the champ select chat. To many times you get people coming in last pic screaming TOP OR FEED. As well all know the SC goes by picking order, so if someone grabs that role they insta lock in a top and feed all game cause of it. Or they start bullying the other members of the team.

What would be nice on top of that is a check list of what roles you would like to play before being thrown into a champ select screen. Prevents people scream and fighting over roles.

Dane Belthound

11-26-2012

Quote:
Have you considered the implications of a vote kick system in champion select, and what kind of potential situation(s) it will create if such system exist?
Most of the time people dodge it isn't because someone is truly trying a new meta (and ranked is not the place to experiment), it is because people are trolling. But you would rather punish innocent players a majority of the time in exchange for the few times that a vote kick system might be abused. So you would rather take a lot of evil, over a little. A vote kick system is not perfect, NOTHING IS, but it is WAY BETTER than what you got.

the biggest premade is a duo and it would require 4 votes to kick a troll. 95% of the time people dodge it is because of someone who is INTENTIONALLY trolling because they didn't get their way. It is the only way I dodge.

I actually ran into a guy yesterday who actually said to me that he had been online for 3 hours intentionally trolling games because he liked watching people bicker.

This is NEEDED in ranked queues. I have been banned for a total of like 8 hours this week because of trolls. I haven't gotten to play you ****ing game because of your system punishing me for not wanting to spend an hour in a game with a guy who wants to ruin my fun.

I have gotten to teh point where I have moved onto other games because I am so tired of getting banned and not being able to play a game that I have paid a ton of money too for skins and champs to support you. And instead I get punished for being a serious player.