I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenthemius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

How about for the vote to kick option, after the vote has been cast, the kicked player gets an option to send in reports for unjust kicking or something similar. That way if they were kicked by trolls, a riot employee can investigate, as a large amount of kicks from said player could seem suspicious and possible action taken.

Ramenhaus

11-23-2012

I get to wait yet another 30 minutes due to someone insisting on jungle soraka. Shouldn't the TROLL be punished, not me?

Dead Ransom

11-23-2012

Hey man, bananas in the jungle can be truely poisonous..

The Camel Rider

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...

I can see problems with a vote-kick system in high elo. Lets say player X is well known in high elo as a feeder, or rumor has it that he got carried. There is no repercussion for issuing the vote-kick, but that player would be basically perma-banned from ever playing ranked again.

So I can understand the reason for vote-kick not existing in champ select.

But at my elo, the 30 and 60 minute penalties are becoming a problem for me. Either I dodge, and face the penalty, ruining my night, or I dont dodge, accept the 5 ad carry team, ruining my night anyway. It is simply lose-lose no matter what.

If vote-kick is not acceptable, then something else MUST be done.

I have heard of having a champ select report feature... I dont see anything wrong with it. Make it visible to the offender how many people are reporting you (live). Send this player to a special tribunal FOR EVERY CASE in which he receives 3 reports by team mates in champ select. The special tribunal issues appropriate punishments that are independent of the regular tribunal.

Example punishments are:
Warning
1 day ban from ranked (assuming this feature is only implemented in ranked).
2 day ban from ranked
1 week ban from ranked
1 month ban from ranked

If they continue to troll champ select after receiving these punishments, then they should be issued punishments as severe as the current tribunal punishments. Time bans and then finally permaban if they do not stop.

Laferge

11-23-2012

Quote:
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?
Man if you would do second you would be my god. I was banned becouse there was no champ select chat in tribunal so ppl would see what my team talked and did. Also in tribunal there should be replay of game included in my opinion, but that may be too much.

And if you want to end troll problem permanently make report option like "Trolling in champ select/game" and if guy who was reported like that gets ban all team has "lost forgiven" for this game - that would fix all trolling

Frost Unit

11-23-2012

Quote:
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...
It's not hard to tell if someone is trolling. Take a look in this screenshot...
Isn't it possible to get chat logs and champion selects? Give a long ban from ranked to whoever trolled.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
I say, no penalty.

Let him requeue in another team. If he's a troll and his behaviour persists, he'll never play any games because he rightfully gets kicked. If he was unjustly kicked, then he'll be able to play in games where allies aren't dicks.

Hidden Sniper

11-23-2012

Or hey... A suggestion.

When you dodge RANKED, due to players being redic, ON PURPOSE...

Why do I have to wait 30 minutes for A NORMAL GAME. There really is no reason to bar people from normal games when the dodge was for ranked? Why should I be forced into a backwater custom game?

This is one quick solution that will ease the 30 minute, "YOU CAN'T PLAY ANYTHING BUT ARAM AND ARAB" dodge penalty. >_>

Besides, if you never put forth any solutions due to "Potential abuse", why do we have the current system? As that, IS being abused, more so than the previous that carried elo loss penalty.

Troa

11-23-2012

Honestly, there just needs to be a report system for ranked queue and the penalty for actually trolling in the pick are twice should be a month long ban from ranked.

Monomus

11-24-2012

Personally I think you need to have a kick feature, the issue is obviously "unjust" kicking. Well i'm going to try and map out my ideas on what I think could be a working "vote to kick" model.

Just a few things first:

- A kick system should only apply in ranked
- A Troll - a person who picks a lane after it is already picked, a person who is adamant about saying he will feed, someone who is verbally abusing from the start, or inactive
- A Normal Person - not this ^

Now the Kick System:

1) The kick function should be similar to the reporting system, wherein you MUST choose a reason to kick a summoner.

a) If a summoner is kicked a report is filed against him.

2) After the vote is cast, it is passed to all other summoners (except the one who is being kicked). The screen would be the same, except for indicating the number of votes for-or-against.

a) A majority vote gets you kicked (3 votes, especially for when you get duo-trolls)

Now here is what I think solves the problem: No Time Penalty After A Kick

1) If the kick was unjust he can start-up a new match right away, and the report file will be able to prove his case.

2)For a troll he is kicked from the game, gets a file to prove it.

a) Starts up more games to troll and gets kicked again.
b) Subsequently more reports.

This system should be able to sift through and clear everything up. As your last resort you can still dodge. Lastly, unjustified kicking is taken care of. Without a time penalty everyone wins. Trolls keep getting kicked, unjustified kickees get to start up a game right after. This is just a solution I think is viable.