This elo system is a failure

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SydneyoicAcid

11-22-2012

he sounds right with 2 easy, checked his history and he had 4 games with 0 deaths in normal games

Welcome to Elo Hell

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

EhVAhN

11-22-2012

I completely agree with you Dizzy, but.... K/D/A by no means determines skill, you play a snowball champ like twitch, kat, akali, you can go 20/5/15 if you are a decent player. But this game is much more objective based than most people accredit it. Just as an example, i was in a normal game in which our team was prolly 45ish to their 20ish kills, yet they had two inhibs and we havent even gotten to an inhib tower. Team just wasnt playing smart.

Beside the point, your suggestion i'm quite sure has been suggested numerous times and i would venture to guess that riot has no intention of changing the way things are. The players with 2k+ elo did not get their by mere luck. You have to find a way to work around your teams handicaps and just support your team no matter how bad they may be doing. Try to be a leader in the game but not a Monarch. Guide your teammates and make suggestions so they can improve their gameplay. Granted half this community gets upset when people do that, even kindly, it still is better than nothing.

I'm in the same boat as you, I consider myself a pretty decent player, worthy of 1800ish elo, but i got stuck in elo hell and depended way too much on teammates to be of equal or greater skill than me. But there really is no perfect way to make matchmaking what everyone wants it to be, the elo system is fine as it is. If you truly are a good, versatile league player you can find ways to make it work to your advantage. It is beyond frustrating at times, but yet again, it is just a game, and it gives us all a chance to learn to work better with others.

Fat Kid In RL

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyoicAcid View Post
he sounds right with 2 easy, checked his history and he had 4 games with 0 deaths in normal games

Welcome to Elo Hell

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

While i have not looked extensively, his normal game seem to be filled with 900-1200 rated players, and his chogath build is questionable, dfg with about 100 ap? Swiftness boots? First big item warmogs as lane chogath.

Point being really is this, he may stomp in those normals, but hes still playing against mostly bronze players. I would not expect him to be able to carry in soloqueue when his frame of reference on how games should go is also based on 900-1200 elo play.

If you win so many normal games, why are you still playing normals with mostly bronze players? Or if normal matchmaking wants to pair you with bronze players, why would you think the ranked matchmaking would not also want to place you with bronze players?

DizzyJ22

11-23-2012

@ Ehvahn

Yeah i got no beef with the higher elo players, they earn what they get. My issue is helping players who dont deserve to be in elo hell out before they just go crazy or quit. Yes theres quite a lot to look at when it comes to how to rate elo not in a win/loss basis, but for the lower elo ratings under 1200 or so, it really should be adjusted. I was just saying KDA should be involved in a calculation along with other factors ofcourse. Theres a lot you could do to make the rank system fair and even. In 5s and 3s a win/loss system is perfect. In Solo/Duo Que its no good in my opinion. Now that I think of it, Ill just get a team of 5, that would solve my problem, but unfortunately will not help the people still playing Duo having to play hundreds of games just to go up a few hundred elo.

@Fat Kid
Yeah i was messing around mid lane'ing chogath going tanky recently. Its fun to do but against more seriously players it gets more AP. My last ranked game with him I had 3 warmogs and a thornmail rocking score of 8/1. Had good team mates, and when i asked them if i could get a 3rd mogs, they said do it up Cho! I choose to do that since I wrecked my counter lane mid, and the only strong enemies were AD, I build my items differently most games, depending on what the enemy builds/who im up against.

As a Professional gamer once told me, To get good at a game, you Play on hard mode, with the best players. I know i get matched up with a lot of mediocre players and ive played a good 1800 games by now. Got experience with a number a champions and i play my best when i rank. I only started rank at the end of season 2 to goof around with my rating and get a feel for it. I experienced a bit of elo hell but thought i would have a better chance season 3. Season 3 comes and i get tossed into elo hell because of afks and leavers in 4/10 games. Completely winnable games, just thrown due to early leaving/afk from start players. Since every other game you get a troll or leaver, your rating goes up 25 and down 25 and ends up stays relatively even. Its just plain stupid. I want to get better, I definately have room for improvement, but I am NOT gonna get it this way with dysfunctional team members.
You ask why would the match system match me with silver players because im bronze, fair enough, but this is the same system that gives you your rating on a win/loss basis. It put me in a low elo because of afks/leavers. Then it matches me up with those same people in the same rank >_>, its just annoying dude. I feed maybe 1/20 games, and by feed i mean i get destroyed and my opponent snowballs.. So ye I play very straight 19/20 games, i like staying alive im good at sizing up my opponent and the situation. I know what i can handle and usually i handle my lanes fine. If im not beating my opponent then im not losing by much and definitely not snowballing like the mates i've had in LOTS of games.

Theres quite a few games i could have avoided losses if i just dodged Q. Its sometimes obvious in matchmaking that your going to get a very inexperienced player, especially under 1200 elo. You can tell because they say they can only play 1-2 champs well, they troll and try to compensate their lack of skill with lude statements etc, or they say Im trolling this game. If i have to Dodge match making in order to go up in rank, thats another flawed issue. If the elo was individual in the slightest, then maybe playing with a troll would affect their elo more so hopefully you dont get matched with them again, cause like you know, they fed 10 kills in about 10 minutes easy >_>

Fat Kid In RL

11-23-2012

You kinda just reiterated my point though, 1800 games played, still play with bronze, maybe you belong with bronze and just need to improve. Once you accept that you are a bronze player, getting higher elo is actually easier imo.

Nøteworthy

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
If you started out 4-0 as an ap and you couldn't catch your team up. You screwed up. I'm 100% confident that if you start 4-0 as mid that you now dominate the game. And because you didn't. You messed up. Post a replay I'd be happy to examine it for you
smh low elo kids will always downvote ... even this post will prob get down voted cause kids just think they dont deserve the elo they have now.. they all think they are 1500+

Fat Kid In RL

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nteworthy View Post
smh low elo kids will always downvote ... even this post will prob get down voted cause kids just think they dont deserve the elo they have now.. they all think they are 1500+
Yeah, i was annoyed that ppl downvoted selcopa, hes a good guy always offering good advice.

Also @op, 90-100 cs at 25 minutes as mid lane cho? Over multiple games?

Selcopa

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyJ22 View Post
Well great that you can make that assumption, but usually after mid went down, i couldnt roam because jungle would grab mid till he came back. Not to mention by the time i was 4/0, my team mates are down 4 deaths.

You can always say, You COULD have done this, but then no one would win a fight, cause theres a counter for everything.... My point is this elo system does not rank you based on your individual performance but it ranks you based on something else....whether its your luck on getting a good team or if your enemy team having leavers...

I dont want to be....whats the word...overconfident/cocky but my elo shouldnt be 1100.... It should be at least 1400, which i believe is the lowest elo I should be right now with way ive played and with the team mates ive had. With my performance in the many games ive played it should be higher but it is not due to this fail elo system. Half my losses were due to leavers/afks... So tell me the systems right...

Im done with ranked until riot decides to rank people on their performance, not on luck.
Its interesting because you fall prey to every low elo player mindset. They think they play well. Everyone else plays bad. They belong higher. And they believe at some arbitrary elo it isddifferent and if they could just get lucky to make it past that plateau they would stay at that elo.

Of course none of these are true. I understand you have opinions on the elo systems fairness. But you really have no proof other than you saying "like oh em gee I'm really good it's notify fault" like I said if you think you can handle yourself at the 1400 level. Why not upload replays of your matches so we can actually find out if you play like a 1400 or a 1100

I've personally reviewed over 150 replays for players, less than 10 of them did I really feel the game was unwinnable, and I've actually not found a player who was stuck at an elo they didn't belong at. I'd be willing to give out a $25 riot points card to whoever is truly stuck where they don't belong. Because I've never seen it happen.

Anyways you think you dont suck? I'd be willing to bet money that you are very close to where you belong. Eitherway post your replays so we can see what you actually play like.

As far as the reasons I get downvoted, I tell people exactly what is going on, they make tons of mistakes and they are the sole reason for their terrible elo. It is very important to people and their narrative that they are not at fault and they get angry that I rattled their cage.

This, combined with the fact that I'm kind of an a-hole about it and don't care to be nice. Is why I get downvoted

Fat Kid In RL

11-23-2012

A year ago you used to be nice selcopa. Changed that much eh?

Selcopa

11-23-2012

I've always been selectively nice. If you are a 900 elo player and you have questions on how to go pro, I will gladly offer you a roadmap, offer tips and review replays if you are serious about improving

On the otherhand, if you are a 1400 elo player who cries about how good they are and they belong at a higher elo but the trolls are keeping them back and the system is broken and they make no mistakes but they lose cuz of of teammates. I will be very mean and chew you out and explain in a very mean tone why you are wrong(and probably stupid) and challenge you to prove it via posting replays, no one ever takes me up on it though

I've been pretty consistent with this style even a year ago. So it really depends on what posts you read of mine to determine if I'm nice or an a-hole

123456 ... 7