Automatic Loss Forgiven on 4v5 Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YippotheClown

11-22-2012

I hereby endorse this post with my seal of approval. It's an idea that's been thrown around many times, but it's workable.

Notes on ways to keep it from being abused:

- Ensure the time limits stay in place, and adjust according to feedback and/or testing. 15 minutes seems adequate to me, but it may need to be a little longer to ensure people can't just have one person dodge and then try to turtle.

- Ensure that the player leaving still suffers ELO loss; this may be disproportionately high, but no more than double standard ELO loss.

- For those who think it will be abused - it's already difficult to abuse, since you'd have to turtle for 15 minutes 4v5. And remember - Riot has access to a LOT of stats you don't know about. It would be easy for their systems to flag up losses prevented via this system - if you abuse this frequently, they will detect it and ban you.

I suggest adding the last point to the OP.

Summoner Woodz

11-23-2012

I , Summoner Woodz , agree with what has been written above !

Michael J Focxzc

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Woodz View Post
I , Summoner Woodz , agree with what has been written above !
the great woodz has spoken

Frost Unit

11-23-2012

Make it so that the player who left loses FOUR TIMES the regular elo they would have lost. And, make it so that the winning team only receives 80% of the elo they would normally receive for a win.
The players on the losing team should get no elo lost.
To prevent abuse, the leaver will lose lets say 60 elo for that game, so they will be in the 3 digit elos pretty fast if they keep leaving. AND, if they keep doing it, BAN THEM FROM RANKED! Don't just give them a temporary ban, instead, don't let them play ranked ever again on that account!

Seems pretty full proof this way.......

OP, add it to your original post if you agree with any of it

Michael J Focxzc

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSnipe View Post
Make it so that the player who left loses FOUR TIMES the regular elo they would have lost. And, make it so that the winning team only receives 80% of the elo they would normally receive for a win.
The players on the losing team should get no elo lost.
To prevent abuse, the leaver will lose lets say 60 elo for that game, so they will be in the 3 digit elos pretty fast if they keep leaving. AND, if they keep doing it, BAN THEM FROM RANKED! Don't just give them a temporary ban, instead, don't let them play ranked ever again on that account!

Seems pretty full proof this way.......

OP, add it to your original post if you agree with any of it
I don't agree with losing more elo if you're a leaver, you are assuming that all leavers are abusers of the system, someone could have a technical problem and come back to a 60 elo loss which just isn't fair at all. Like i said in a previous post, this system isn't about redirecting the punishment, it's about preventing innocent players who do not deserve the loss from being punished.

I do however agree with perhaps a temporay suspension from ranked games for a high % of leaves, perhaps along with a warning stating 'Stop leaving games or you will be banned, if it's a computer problem, don't play games untill its fixed' this is basically what riot tell people to do if they have computer problems. Don't play because we wont unban you even if you provide proof of your comp problems...

Michael J Focxzc

11-25-2012

Bump for great justice.

Dane Belthound

11-26-2012

I love the idea but doubt riot will listen. It has been peppered on these boards so much.

Dane Belthound

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J Focxzc View Post
I don't agree with losing more elo if you're a leaver, you are assuming that all leavers are abusers of the system, someone could have a technical problem and come back to a 60 elo loss which just isn't fair at all. Like i said in a previous post, this system isn't about redirecting the punishment, it's about preventing innocent players who do not deserve the loss from being punished.

I do however agree with perhaps a temporay suspension from ranked games for a high % of leaves, perhaps along with a warning stating 'Stop leaving games or you will be banned, if it's a computer problem, don't play games untill its fixed' this is basically what riot tell people to do if they have computer problems. Don't play because we wont unban you even if you provide proof of your comp problems...
Technical difficulties are easy to pick up because leavers have to hit exit teh game manually.

Michael J Focxzc

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
Technical difficulties are easy to pick up because leavers have to hit exit teh game manually.
Very easy to fake DC, simply disable your connection or even more simply pull out your network cable.

Michael J Focxzc

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
I love the idea but doubt riot will listen. It has been peppered on these boards so much.
I don't understand why they wont give this any attention, even a very basic version with perhaps just a loss forgiven on people who never join and nothing else. See how it goes, maybe add the rest of the proposed features or an alternative later on once it proves successful (and it will prove succesful, there is no reason it shouldn't, it works in other similar games such as dota, why not here?)