The Tribunal Backlog: Unfair?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

11-22-2012

Maybe it's just me, but I find it cute someone is getting "pissed" for being a giant dick to his teammates and getting banned, but complaining that he was banned in the wrong order.

While part of me is empathetic towards the fact you're getting canned responses, a much larger part of me has read your cases and thinks you should be just sucking it up for being a big rager. Not that I'm in customer support, but if I was, I'd be closing the cases without a response too.

N0TxSMURFING

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I find it cute someone is getting "pissed" for being a giant dick to his teammates and getting banned, but complaining that he was banned in the wrong order.

While part of me is empathetic towards the fact you're getting canned responses, a much larger part of me has read your cases and thinks you should be just sucking it up for being a big rager. Not that I'm in customer support, but if I was, I'd be closing the cases without a response too.
I find it cute someone who read the thread and believes the problem is "getting banned in the wrong order", rather than "this shouldn't be a ban because i was already banned for this", has the reading comprehension to read a chatlog and pass judgement based on what he read.

If you are indicative of the competence of those judging the tribunal, I'd be worried too.

Swerto

11-23-2012

That is about the competence level of the tribunal. At least I wasn't banned for saying something like "GG" and was actually a ****** in the games that showed up in the cases.

Annnnnnd still waiting for a red.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerto View Post
Why is there no system that says "Hey, you've been punished, all cases right now that have to do with you will be cleared, you will just have a higher priority for future cases for a time." You know, to prevent stuff like this. Because I was really just suspended again less than 48 hours after my first one ended.

There is such a system. They laud it's awesomeness all the time. However, it's broken, because things such as you mentioned here, happen. Exactly what you said would be nice to happen, is what lyte&co say DOES happen, but cases such as yours (and mine, this happened to me before as well) still occur. Don't expect much help if you write customer (dis)service, just a cut&pasted copy of the tribunal FAQ, then if you ask them for more info, a copy of the summoner's code. Basicly you'll never talk to an ACTUAL person, unless you stop by the office...

...btw, don't stop by the office. Someone did this and it ended with him leaving after having a small chat with a higherup, then seeing police cars racing towards riot HQ as he was walking back towards where he parked.

Darthak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Everyone knows the tribunal is either hit or miss. You're a HUGE ******, but you still deserve to be given the same courtesy that everyone else is show. Fix this Riot, come on.

prayamantus1

11-23-2012

i gotta perma banned, and i spent WAY over $200 and a lot of time, i didnt even insult him that much, just self defense, its so dumb

prayamantus1

11-23-2012

i stated my case in my thread, cause i know i havent been a big dick the whole time ive played this game, this might have happened to me cause i got banned like seriously 3-7 games after i was unbanned, and i was like, the only close to insulting thing ive said is "dude pick it up your doing terrible" so i was like ok whatever. i really love this game but if i am gonna stay perm banned, im done with it, i dont see why if someone is insulting you you get banned for defending yourself and insulting back. and its really not worth the arguements you get in so please dont start any, i regret them all now, WAY over $200 and so much time and long shifts at work to lead to this.the system is broken and needs fixed.

Believe me everyone, you dont really think perma ban will happen to you and you dont think that those who are perma banned are sorry, but when it does happen to you you realize just how sorry they really are, cause you are too. All in all, you lose your cool, get off, getting uspet isnt worth it, believe me.

Swerto

11-23-2012

Spamming the wrong thread. Completely irrelevant.

Medîeve

11-23-2012

As far as extending a temp ban based on backlogged cases, I can see the fairness of that. You still committed the offenses, and punishment still may be warranted. The one thing I don't agree with is a permaban resulting from backlogged cases. I personally feel that backlogged cases that result in a warning shouldn't be eligible for permabanning. You should get at least that one last chance to prove you're capable of being a better player. Cases that come in after you've received your temp ban or warning are still fair game, however.

prayamantus1

11-23-2012

seriously man? you dont have anything positive to say dont say it. i was just trying to tell everyone it isnt worth getting into arguements and insulting someone between each other and all you can say is that? no wonder i got banned, people like you are probably in the tribunal

not you medieve swerto

and honestly there should be a no perma ban, and if so they should look at the games in between your bans and see if your were nice, cause everyone makes mistakes and loses their cool, but appearently to the tribunal everyone has to be perfect, i had so many games where i was really nice and 1 mistake screwed me over for good