I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dead Ransom

11-21-2012

This is increasingly frustrating.. 3 ranked games in a row I've had to dodge because of trolls. Just now, the one game that I decide to play top, everyone but me calls jungle in champ select. They get into an argument about who's getting it, and now there are 3 players with smite, no mid and no support. Nobody wants to dodge "Feed game".. yeah no thanks. I've worked way too hard to lose my elo to these toxic players. If we had a vote-to-kick feature, this problem would have been helped.. but instead I have to dodge and they get rewarded with an instant requeue.. and who gets punished? probably the next team they get.

So how about punishing these toxic players before they can ruin the game? Like how about a kick from everyone in a ranked game: the toxic player gets stamped with the 30 - 60 minute time ban.

Arcticfury

11-21-2012

Did you ever think that you dodging allows this behavior?

You dodge, now they get to role the dice again to play jungle. You don't dodge then they either suffer a loss or have to play to win. They can't keep up the troll behavior without dodgers, so you not taking the hit one time now allows them to continue the behavior.

Night before last I got into 4 champ selects and all 4 got dodged, so I played a norm, what a waste.

Dead Ransom

11-21-2012

I'd much rather dodge than have to spend atleast 2 hours to get back to where I was.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-22-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Have you considered the implications of a vote kick system in champion select, and what kind of potential situation(s) it will create if such system exist?

Wightraven

11-22-2012

There has to be some kind of solution though. It's too imperfect right now. You either have to be the martyr and suffer a penalty because of others who would abuse the system, or suffer through an equally long troll game and blow your Elo because of people who are simply out to ruin your day. Sure, you get to report them at the end of the game and probably get them at least temp-banned, but is it really worth it when you have no hope of winning before the game even starts?

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-22-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
There has to be some kind of solution though. It's too imperfect right now. You either have to be the martyr and suffer a penalty because of others who would abuse the system, or suffer through an equally long troll game and blow your Elo because of people who are simply out to ruin your day. Sure, you get to report them at the end of the game and probably get them at least temp-banned, but is it really worth it when you have no hope of winning before the game even starts?
We have few ideas that we are working on. What I really hope is to promote people to think critically on implications of their suggestions.

Super Explosion

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
What I really hope is to promote people to think critically on implications of their suggestions.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Quote:
Have you considered the implications of a vote kick system in champion select, and what kind of potential situation(s) it will create if such system exist?
The worst case scenario I've seen is premades using it as a way to bully the randoms into doing what they say.

My suggestion is to outright disable the function for any premades to vote-kick. Let players KNOW if they have premades in their team. This is a feature for solo queue randoms, so premade teams of 5 won't need it.

If you have a team of 5's, and there's a duo queue. Only the 3 randoms can choose to vote kick a player, requiring a 2/3 majority to succeed. And if one of the duo queue can be kicked, the partner will be kicked automatically to prevent any angry counter-attacks.

The hole so far is 4-man premades with 1 random...

There could be some abusive situations, like forcing the meta. But it's a far more attractive alternative to losing 34 ELO because some idiot who won't speak up till the end and refuses to Support when asked what he wanted at the beginning ending with a duo top game because no one was willing to support bot resulting in a situation where Draven is suddenly forced to solo a Kog+Taric lane and result in a super-fed Kog carrying the enemy team and getting an easy free win over us while the duo top are under-fed and levelled because they focused so hard on competing over CS. *rage*

In short, the pros far outweighs the cons I have to put up with.

Experimentation is all fun and good, but if your entire team disagrees with your decision to go AP mid Miss Fortune, you better not screw your team over with your troll build...the game takes upwards to 20 minutes, that's 20 minutes of 4 people potentially wasted. I experiment too, but I ask my teammates if they are okay with it first.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
We have few ideas that we are working on. What I really hope is to promote people to think critically on implications of their suggestions.
Awesome

xMaYHeM

11-22-2012

A vote kick system in champion select is an awesome idea.
Especially when you get those people that are just like "nope, im mid, i dont care".
Would be a crazy good anti-troll mechanism.

1234511 ... 12