Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garu0001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

It`s been a long time now since THE SWORD OF DIVINE was taken out of the item list, this was a great item for champs like AD TF, Twich, and others, it gave the champ +55% AS + 100 magic damage every 4 hits and 8seconds of -30 Armor Pen, used correctly and with the right build it could take out a well built tank, since the item is gone its been pretty impossible to replace it with some other item, could u consider to bring the item back?

JemiloII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

It gave 60% AS, highest AS item in the game, purely amazing and yeah, I miss the 30 armor pen, great team fight item.

67chrome

11-13-2012

If nothing else I'd like to see it on Dominion and Twisted Treelines, because Jax and Teemo are way to common.

It was a fun item though.

JustMyBassCannon

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
If nothing else I'd like to see it on Dominion and Twisted Treelines, because Jax and Teemo are way to common.
It didn't work on Teemo, or Blinds in general. It only worked on Dodge, and Blind makes you Miss.

67chrome

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
It didn't work on Teemo, or Blinds in general. It only worked on Dodge, and Blind makes you Miss.
Then it should be re-introduced and changed so that your attacks never miss. :P
Only really bought it to counter jax (or go all golden items).

The new iteration were you get 100% crit chance for 3 attacks doesn't seem to have the same fun times at countering annoying champs feel to it.

Vuther

11-21-2012

Quote:
The new iteration were you get 100% crit chance for 3 attacks doesn't seem to have the same fun times at countering annoying champs feel to it.
That's why they removed it, though. It completely stripped away the advantage of a few champions.

joe42

11-21-2012

you suck

67chrome

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
That's why they removed it, though. It completely stripped away the advantage of a few champions.
Countering evasion (and blinds) isn't much different from countering stealth though - and there are 6 items in the game to counter stealth. Or countering Mordekaiser or Malzahar with a Quicksilver Sash. Or countering Fiora with any armor item that punishes auto-attacks ever.

Beyond that, countering 1 mechanic hardly strips away the advantages of a champion. Not to mention some champions have to put up with all their mechanics having counter-build options (Vayne largely deals physical damage so stacking armor counters the majority of her damage, granting stealth detection counters her anti-aggro ultimate mechanic, building attack-speed reduction mitigates her true damage, applying on-hit slows can largely negate the distance her gap-closer allows her to cover, and building tenacity reduces the duration of her CC). Even with all that Vayne is still a solid champion, and the fact she has so many mechanics makes it hard to completly shut her down - the same can largely be said about Jax even if his counterstrike doesn't give him a rank 1 Kayle ultimate (and it still has a hard CC effect attached to it). Both Jax and Teemo deal a considerable amount of physical and magical damage for that matter, so counter-building that isn't particularity a walk in the park. The both also have access to strong CC and high mobility - so I really doubt being capable of counter-building 100% accuracy loss would hurt them all that bad, or worse than the majority of champions out there. Also, item counters have this whole deal were you actually have to buy the item to get access to the counter - and such items will not mesh with optimal builds more often than not.

If nothing else I'd like to see counter-options for modes were certain champions are broken - Daruis really deserves a specific counter in Twisted Treelines, and Jax deserves one in Twisted Treelines and Dominion. I wouldn't call Teemo broken in any mode, but he's annoying, and several items can hard-counter other champions a lot harder than what he generally has to put up with, so I don't see it as a problem for him. Maybe Heimerdinger, as he's in a bad spot right now, but if he lands that grenade it's a stun anyways - so item actives aren't gonna help you out there.

Vuther

11-21-2012

Quote:
Countering evasion (and blinds) isn't much different from countering stealth though - and there are 6 items in the game to counter stealth. Or countering Mordekaiser or Malzahar with a Quicksilver Sash. Or countering Fiora with any armor item that punishes auto-attacks ever.
Actually, countering stealth still gives other stuff. Talon still does damage and gains movement speed, Akali still gets armour and magic resistance, Teemo is... Teemo, Shaco still blinks away, Vayne still dashes and gains bonus attack damage and chasing speed, Rengar's still gains movement speed, Twitch still gains movement speed, Wukong's Decoy still does some damage if it hits, you can't tell which LeBlanc is which unless she has a buff on, and Kha'Zix still gains movement speed, and I'm not sure how far players can see anyway, so I can't say how it effects Evelynn.

So, mostly still more than how dodge and blinds became useless with SotD. Riot also hopes to fix Malz's ultimate a bit by making the damage a leash when it is QSSed.

Private Riem

11-21-2012

Was it THAT hard to simply remove the "can't be dodged" component? Seriously?