This elo system is a failure

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DizzyJ22

11-21-2012

As most people know already this elo system based on wins does not work, especially for those players trying to get out of "elo hell". I figured i had to write a post based off 2 reasons that really got to me.

First: Match Making.....In this one game i had recently, my team was against a team with an ezreal, i forget the players name but each game he played ezreal so i will refer to him as ezreal. The first game we won and their ezreal did very poorly. The next game we get that very same player on our team. We gave him a chance me and my duo partner and told him to stay sharp since he said he can only play ezreal. We lost that game. So Riot....We beat him and we lost with him. You would think with common sense that he is of an elo below our own. Our 3rd game was fine, fun, exciting, great.
Our 4th game we get that same ezreal AGAIN in match making.....the other team mates who didnt know how bad he was were clueless as too why me and my duo partner were flipping out. We were forced to dodge Que and that was the end of league for the day....absolutely ridiculous.

My second issue with this elo is mainly its win/loss basis. That does not define an individuals skill whatsoever. Im really upset because my last 8 games, no joke, i was mid lane, carrying, starting out each game 3/0 - 4/0 and lost 7 out of those 8 games due to players in other lanes not playing up to par. In each of these games except 1, my kill/dead ratio was positive, if not upto 1400% positive....We managed to lose a game where i was 14/1 and our garen was 8/1 but the other team mates just could not help, getting caught and not cooperating..
Ofcourse i tried my best, did pretty well, and spent a good 5 hours playing all for my elo to go down over 100....

I can only conclude this elo system does not rank one according to their level of experience and skill. It is rather a pointless number that depends on fluke chance and luck of getting good team mates. And as the way the match making system is now, it really is a luck game.

Most people i've spoke to had the same experience i did when getting a new elo after season 3 started. Out of my 10 games, We won 5 of them and lost 5. I can admit 1/5 was my fault. I can also say 2/5 we had an afk from the start and 1/5 the other lanes did beyond disasterous...and 1/5 someone left mid game. Im not alone and it is demotivating.

As a proposition to solve this issue, Elo should be rewarded not only on a win/loss bases but also on how well you did in the game. It would be partly based on K/D/A ratio, how often you die, how often you get a kill, it would take into consideration that your first death was 20 deaths into the game (which is a reoccuring thing for me and probably other decent players out there) and yeah. It would be a lot of number crunching but you would have a real true elo system based on skill and experience. The problem is really with the lower elo players, its just impossible to move up the way it is now.

Fix the elo system and i guarantee the elite battles will be better cause the true warriors and legends will finally get a chance to shine.

Hope that wasnt too much but it really needs to be changed and made fair.

Selcopa

11-21-2012

If you started out 4-0 as an ap and you couldn't catch your team up. You screwed up. I'm 100% confident that if you start 4-0 as mid that you now dominate the game. And because you didn't. You messed up. Post a replay I'd be happy to examine it for you

DizzyJ22

11-22-2012

Well great that you can make that assumption, but usually after mid went down, i couldnt roam because jungle would grab mid till he came back. Not to mention by the time i was 4/0, my team mates are down 4 deaths.

You can always say, You COULD have done this, but then no one would win a fight, cause theres a counter for everything.... My point is this elo system does not rank you based on your individual performance but it ranks you based on something else....whether its your luck on getting a good team or if your enemy team having leavers...

I dont want to be....whats the word...overconfident/cocky but my elo shouldnt be 1100.... It should be at least 1400, which i believe is the lowest elo I should be right now with way ive played and with the team mates ive had. With my performance in the many games ive played it should be higher but it is not due to this fail elo system. Half my losses were due to leavers/afks... So tell me the systems right...

Im done with ranked until riot decides to rank people on their performance, not on luck.

STG Arianna

11-22-2012

The Systems are right.

DizzyJ22

11-22-2012

I love you man haha, I saw that coming xD

Best Heim EU

11-22-2012

if your skill level really is 1400 youll get there be patient and play more, play better and stop your *****ing cause it wont gain you elo

DizzyJ22

11-22-2012

Im not going to waste my life when it is unnecessary Nitros. I thought the rank system was fair before i played it and now i see it isnt. (and noting the amount of threads on this topic and the amount of people ive talked too who also have concerns about this, there is something wrong) Its a lazy system that does NOT rank ones individual skills as a player.

Im writing here in the hopes they change the system to make it better. Ive talked to some people who are affiliated with riot and they are taking this into consideration but they arent taking it as a full out lets do it idea yet. So im gonna wait till they fix it.

Im sure after 1500 elo or so fairness plays out. Losing every other game for reasons beyond my energy to refer too, is just lame.

Fat Kid In RL

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyJ22 View Post
Im not going to waste my life when it is unnecessary Nitros. I thought the rank system was fair before i played it and now i see it isnt. (and noting the amount of threads on this topic and the amount of people ive talked too who also have concerns about this, there is something wrong) Its a lazy system that does NOT rank ones individual skills as a player.

Im writing here in the hopes they change the system to make it better. Ive talked to some people who are affiliated with riot and they are taking this into consideration but they arent taking it as a full out lets do it idea yet. So im gonna wait till they fix it.

Im sure after 1500 elo or so fairness plays out. Losing every other game for reasons beyond my energy to refer too, is just lame.

You should prob quit playing normals as well then no? Is this not the same system that ranks you in normals..... do you play against platinum players in your normal games?

What would give you the idea that you should be 1400? Do you have a lot of experience playing with players of 1400+++ elo? What are you comparing yourself to? Other 1100 player?? If you belong at 1400 elo, you will eventually be at 1400 elo.

Fat Kid In RL

11-22-2012

[QUOTE=DizzyJ22;31723972]Well great that you can make that assumption, but usually after mid went down, i couldnt roam because jungle would grab mid till he came back.

Im done with ranked until riot decides to rank people on their performance, not on luck.[/QUOTE]

Are you really telling me you would not roam because their jungle was farming cs in mid?? If anything this makes your roam stronger because the jungler is visable, and you will know if hes following you for a countergank.

If one is winning their lane as hard as you say, the possibility of losing ones mid tower is likely not outweighed by helping your other lanes... especially if they are as far behind as you say,

DizzyJ22

11-22-2012

Counter to everything I understand. I roam most my games, i was refering to a couple games that could have been played better by my mates chosen for battle. My normal matchmaking games are too easy with an average of 8 wins in my history unless im testing a champion or build. When i play ranked, half the games are messed up due to childishness and shenanigans.

My main issue here is how the elo system is based on win/loss, which is just as unfair as the teacher who punishes the whole class for something someone did, but didnt fess up. We are being punished.

Im not here to argue on how i play though, im here on improving a game i enjoy to play

12345 ... 7