Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

They did make short vids of champion abilitys.

TeamWorkTom

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
They did make short vids of champion abilitys.
Thats not enough. You obviously didn't read my post. Knowing the champions abilities in this to me is a more advanced learning. Basic learning consists of understanding how to play the game and whats important and what is not important.

The videos are really there to advertise the champion. Its more an add for selling the champion than actually helping out playing them. If you look at vaynes spot light and her recommended items they are considered bad. No one builds black cleaver on vayne. No one builds boots of mobility on her.

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Sona View Post
You've obviously never been to a high elo/played anything else.

A) *****ing and whining occurs at all levels of skill.

B) Every online gaming community is toxic

It is the inevitable result when you get a bunch of antisocial teenagers together who are probably really shy and awkward in the real world. And bad play is inevitable. No exceptions.
Well that is like anything else in life, what does this have to do with Riots involvement in teaching their player base how to play?

False on B. I guess you never played Dota. Yes there were plunty of toxic players playing Dota in WC3 but the majority were actually helpful and would tell you what you are doing wrong if you asked.

Have you looked up Path of Exile? That community for the most part is very helpful. The toxic players in that game go there simply to be toxic, and I would argue are not actually part of the community.

The reason for people being so toxic is they refuse to admit they are not the best of players. I know higher ELO is toxic as hell just as much as lower simply from watching streams. (its really just as bad as lower ELO) People refuse to admit their mistakes and blame others. (social shift based on company policies of never admitting fault?)

The actual toxicity of games seems to have increased since I started playing games but this could be a case of rose tinted glasses. (hey look I am admitting to bias) Maybe its the younger generation of players. (yet im only 24 lol) I started playing video games such as 2d Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, Doom.

My first real online game probably being Starcraft. The community there for the most part was pretty helpful. They would actually teach you how to play the game.

Playing Anarchy Online one of my first MMOs people were mostly helpful. (if you could actually find people)

I've had people in Dota2 tell me what I've done wrong in lane and how I should have stomped them. They didn't stroke their ego by insulting me. Last few games played in Dota2 everyone was pretty helpful and worked as a team although dysfunctional from lack of playing with each other.

Your claims really have no basis simply on the fact that they can be proven wrong. I bet your examples consist of LoL and xbox live. Both are perfect examples of some of the most toxic gaming communities out there at the moment.

Again Riot creating a reference point for good play and bad play makes it easier to admit to fault. If a person has something that is some what tangible (in the form of easily accessed information) it would be easier for a person to put blame on not them selves per say but an excuse for being bad. Something they would hopefully try to get better at.

Paradoxors

11-21-2012

Bump.
I want a meta-correct team that works together for once, and not just draft pick

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

bump

ZapatillaLoca

11-21-2012

i have a friend who has just started playing the game, hes already at lvl 7 and has no idea what hes doing..and is desperatly looking for information that just isnt available...questions about item build, how does the shop work, using skills, summoner spells, etc etc etc...theres just so little information and unless your willing to spend hours looking it up on the forums youre out there blind..no wonder there are so many unskilled players...

Xaephros

11-21-2012

Bump.

SpAceWaffLeS

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
The enemy botlane that is up 5 kills on you will dive you at your tower 3v1 (you're the 1) so just run away completely and do not attempt to defend it.
Ya, I think you could make 10 videos explaining this... and you'll still see that 0/5 support bot lane try to hold vs the mundo, graves, taric dive.

No guys, I got this... says the sona.

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAceWaffLeS View Post
Ya, I think you could make 10 videos explaining this... and you'll still see that 0/5 support bot lane try to hold vs the mundo, graves, taric dive.

No guys, I got this... says the sona.
Yet the amount of players doing this will be smaller.

People like to cherry pick single moments, everyone makes mistakes. Its about a majority. If the majority know to run away, the majority of players will run away from it.

Educating people is not perfect nothing is. But increasing the over all community knowledge will over all increase the positive experience playing this game.

I would also like to note there is a reason why the East is dominating in recent tourney matches. Just go play some games over on the Asia servers and see how much more over all team oriented they are.

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapatillaLoca View Post
i have a friend who has just started playing the game, hes already at lvl 7 and has no idea what hes doing..and is desperatly looking for information that just isnt available...questions about item build, how does the shop work, using skills, summoner spells, etc etc etc...theres just so little information and unless your willing to spend hours looking it up on the forums youre out there blind..no wonder there are so many unskilled players...

Hopefully you saw the link in my post. Someone posted it somewhere in this thread so I put it on the front page.

Hopefully it will be a start. I haven't looked at it much but it seems like it may be a start for newer players.