Peli's Fiora Rework Ideas

12345612 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spawnblade

11-15-2012

As previous poster stated, with Ravenous Hydra, Fiora doesn't need any kind of touching whatsoever. At least not yet. Wait and see what the item does for her, as it should be a more consistent version of her tiamat spam for much cheaper.

DarlingNiki

11-16-2012

The only thing I'd caution is saying "she'd be too good if you get xxx item." Well ... that's the point of items. To improve your champion. Some items just plain work better with some champions than others.

Besides that, as a consistent Fiora player top, I like the changes. I think combining Riposte and Lunge increases the skill cap on playing her which is always nice. Timing both effects will be interesting. I'm a little torn on switching the Burst of Speed effects because I don't use it for a speed boost, I use it as a quick hit and run tactic. It's not that I can't get in and out fast enough, lunge works great for that. But if I only get 2 hits instead of 4 in because her AS needs to 'charge up,' it becomes much less effective as a harass tool, and it also makes her passive less effective as well.

Overall though, well done. Those are only minor quips.

Peligrad

11-21-2012

good feedback. Thanks all!

As far as the RH/Tiamat changes go...I think it's a direct nerf to fiora.

Sure the RH is more powerful than the Tiamat, but notice that unique passive. Stacking Tiamat on her is about the only way to make Fiora work in 5s...and that is going away...

LordForrest

11-21-2012

i like the changes you put forth would make her better to play because she is one of my favorite champs but i kinda agree with DarlingNiki on the burst of speed, maybe they should make like a true burst of speed on the movement end she keeps the instant as steroid but she gains a small ms buff that degrades over time unless she keeps attacking or something like that, just my two cents

Peligrad

11-21-2012

Well, you get the same amount of AS and MS you did before potentially. I just flipped the numbers.

This will make you be strategic about using lunge to maximize dps. If you quickly double tap someone with lunge, you'll have max AS but you'll lose the closing utility.

On the flip side, BoS is a much better skill though because you can now use it for the mobility without having to fight anyone where as what good is AS if you are just running away?

It a pretty significant buff, just flipping the stats around like this.

LordForrest

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Well, you get the same amount of AS and MS you did before potentially. I just flipped the numbers.

This will make you be strategic about using lunge to maximize dps. If you quickly double tap someone with lunge, you'll have max AS but you'll lose the closing utility.

On the flip side, BoS is a much better skill though because you can now use it for the mobility without having to fight anyone where as what good is AS if you are just running away?

It a pretty significant buff, just flipping the stats around like this.
True it would be more strategic and give her an away to escape if need as long as they dont cc you, but most of the time i pop it for the as, so thats why i put forth the idea that it pops both ms and as but the ms is smaller and slowly degrades of time unless you keep attacking

Peligrad

11-21-2012

TBH, unless they are standing still and face tanking your BoS, a lot of the AS bonus is wasted chasing.

That's one of the hard counters to Fiora, simply rushing tabi boots and running away whenever she uses BoS...

That said, I think that your damage will be a lot more consistent (and higher on average at higher skill levels) with this change.

LordForrest

11-21-2012

You are right peligrad that i always did find annoying when playing her was when champs would just flee

Forkkind

11-21-2012

I actually like this idea +1 and bump to you sir

CrispyCoffee

11-21-2012

I like your ideas. Bump

12345612 ... 18