Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

11-20-2012

Yeah quite a few champion builds need to be changed a bit. Ideally I want to wait until S3 before killing myself over it, but I'll probably fix at least some of them before then.

HaIfhearted

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Yeah quite a few champion builds need to be changed a bit. Ideally I want to wait until S3 before killing myself over it, but I'll probably fix at least some of them before then.
Heh, yes indeed.
Your Brand recommended items made me cringe, even before Blackfire ^_^

Das Strychnine

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Heh, yes indeed.
Your Brand recommended items made me cringe, even before Blackfire ^_^

I think a more detailed Build guide but perhaps with less champions would benefit newbies any more. For example there are a lot of champions which aren't played a lot or are not very viable, an example would be when choosing and AD Carry, Corki or Ezreal is almost always going to be better than Ashe or Miss Fortune so it's kinda pointless to spend time writting "mini guides" for them.

A better idea would be to choose the most popular champions like Malphite for example and go in to more detail as to why you picked the items you picked. For example saying, Frozen Heart and Randuins synergise really well with Malphite due to his kit, AS reduction and chasing/sticking/peeling potential, how ever, do not build only these items vs 3 or more AP teams as they will be wasted on him.

I think this would teach new players more why the items you recommend for x champion are good instead of them just copy/pasting it from here and not "learning" anything.

Also it would be good to give situations as to when certain builds are possible, for example, I really don't like your Alistar build, I've tried it and it's strong but 99% of the time people expect Alistar to go tanky and be a initiator/CC bot and that's it, in solo que a build like that would most of the time just be asking for flames if the enemy is winning even if it's not the Alistars fault. So perhaps saying build Ali this way when your team needs a bruiser/dmg but build him tanky when your team needs one. Other wise people are just going to build Phantom Dancer Ali when there's 3-4 squishies in the team already and get flamed.

Just some suggestions ^_^

Tortferngatr

11-25-2012

Miss Fortune isn't exactly terribad, last I checked. After all, she DOES have free boots of mobility...

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Also it would be good to give situations as to when certain builds are possible, for example, I really don't like your Alistar build, I've tried it and it's strong but 99% of the time people expect Alistar to go tanky and be a initiator/CC bot and that's it, in solo que a build like that would most of the time just be asking for flames if the enemy is winning even if it's not the Alistars fault. So perhaps saying build Ali this way when your team needs a bruiser/dmg but build him tanky when your team needs one. Other wise people are just going to build Phantom Dancer Ali when there's 3-4 squishies in the team already and get flamed.
See

Quote:
Most players think Ali will be a tank or support due to his role on SR, so be clear to them that you'll be doing a good share of physical damage, not magic. Also be clear to them that you're going bot if you're going bot. At any rate, Alistar can initiate and hold points very well, and is typically taken when the team simply looks too squishy.
Also, i'd like to point out that this is a guide and should just be used to guide yoruself, not restrict yourself. For example, I disagree with the Anivia skill ordering, but that is something I have come to understand about my playstyle over the course of many games. The same can be said about MF and Ashe. They both have their place and it is your responsibility to find where they fit best for you.

Orphane

12-03-2012

Bump for front-page relevance

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

bumping

Infirc

12-10-2012

bump

Cauldrath

12-12-2012

bump

DiscworldDeath

12-21-2012

Page 4 bump.