3,000 petition signatures later...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
You mean to say they didn't listen to you.

I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I know a lot of people complained about the old TT...which is why there weren't that many players in the first place.

They did listen to the community. They listened for a couple years actually. You just don't like the changes so now you cry that they don't listen.
If you weren't a fan of the old why do you think your opinion even matters? What difference does it make if we want both maps your wasting your own time go cry somewhere else

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
I propose they make a statistical study, whoever used to play the TT should refrain from buying anything.
So, just don't buy anything the map is back.
Yea I haven't been buying shyt nor do I intend to. At the rate their going with all the money I've put into this game my account will be on ebay pretty soon if they don't bring it back.

SmokingJoeNL

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizuukun View Post
Please don't take this as a personal attack, as that's not my intent. But rather than simply stating that you don't like the map and threatening to quit LoL, why not post some feedback on the map itself? Logically noting and pointing out a flaw is an argument. Posting your opinion on the matter is inarguable and RIOT will never respond to such a thread. So rather than wallowing in despair that your beloved map is gone, (which riot has already confirmed will not be returned) why not attempt to make the new TT the best it can be?
There is no making it better. It is fundamentally flawed in the way it was designed to be played.

SmokingJoeNL

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Ppl crying about losing old TT for new TT remind me of Romney supporters. Leave the game now then. See if we QQ about it. Just like all those fools saying they'd leave the country if Obama won. No, you really won't. You just want to try and talk a big game. See you on TT soon QQers.
I would play sr before the Shadow Isles, while I immensely dislike the meta and farming on sr.

SmokingJoeNL

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune Senpai View Post
So, I see no specifics here. I mean no one who has claimed, from what I have read of all the posts like this, that this map is bad actually states a reasoning. Ever. I mean isn't that what we're seeing in RIOT's post here? They say that they will fix what ever problems you have with it if you give them reason and "QQ the old map is better" isn't reason. So what I really would like to hear is in GREAT detail what is bad about the new TT and what can you, as people who have played it so much, come up with in the way of solutions? As a game designer I hate it when I read forum posts like this where there is no real help to be seen. If the new map is bad, WHY is it bad and different doesn't mean bad. It's not a good reason and as a company that believes in the iterative design process you aren't helping them. The game will change, one day SR will have changes, although likely more minor. The thing with iterative design is things WILL change items, champions, meta, the idea is to keep the game in flux and to try and find what works. The old TT didn't work. The games ranged from a few minutes to well over an hour due to the infinite turtling that was possible, the jungle was unpredictable and so who was considered a viable jungler came down to just a few champions, which riot said that their design team doesn't want there to be 4 viable junglers, in S3 we will see more unusual picks for the jungle, that is there goal and to achieve that TT's jungle was remade. Dragon in TT was too easy to solo and that caused some issues, I actually liked that though. So I have been specific about what is bad about the map you love. Now tell me why the new TT is bad, and be specific. Don't hide behind numbers, if everyone likes killing babies and drinking there blood it doesn't make it right, the mob does not rule. I'm tired of typing.
For me personally, it's about riot listening to people who didn't know how to have fun on the old tt when making the shadow isles map. They did remove some of the common complaints, but also ripped out the soul of what a good playing experience on the old tt was all about. To be short about it; that they claimed to have listened and are absolutely convinced that they have given us an improvement, while having done the opposite and have no clue.

Geekweezul

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabalWins View Post
If you weren't a fan of the old why do you think your opinion even matters? What difference does it make if we want both maps your wasting your own time go cry somewhere else
I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I had actually convinced my friends to play it more about 2 weeks before they scrapped it, and we were having a blast.

Does my opinion count now?

I also explained why there is a problem with allowing both maps to be playable.

SmokingJoeNL

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I had actually convinced my friends to play it more about 2 weeks before they scrapped it, and we were having a blast.

Does my opinion count now?

I also explained why there is a problem with allowing both maps to be playable.
The problem the old tt players have is that it's not the same style of gameplay anymore.

Cbwade15

11-20-2012

Congrats

ImNotKarl

11-20-2012

So I keep seeing posts to forget the old map and tell Riot how to make the new one the best it can be, and I'm supremely frustrated. So here it is, here is how to make the new map the best it can be:

1) Bring back a top jungle, but make it consistent, and add reliable buffs for AP and RADC, maybe minor speed buffs or bonus gold for killing other neutral monsters if you want something useful for everyone in general, for more options in champ select, jungle pathing, ganks, and coordinating team fights.

2) Get rid of the alters. They add a distraction to the objective and allow for snowballing to get out of hand. They encourage a stale bruiser/tank meta, and make the game feel chaotic as opposed to strategic. Replace them with jungle camps that offer a high gold output to make jungling worthwhile.

3) Get rid of the speed shrine. Replace it with a mini-boss jungle camp which will encourage teamfights as the old red buff did, while benefiting the team that gets it in some way. Make it a micro buff for the whole team or something, like maybe a temporary gold per buff or something to make comebacks a possibility.

4) Add short duration wards so that laning and jungling become more strategic with the ability to time for ganks and counter jungle based on vision.

5) Make the game playable on computers that can handle every other map, like mine. I get 3 fps on TTSI on the lowest graphic settings. It's NOT ok.

6) Name the map Shadow Isles so the lore matches appropriately. There are a couple champs with lore tied to the Treeline, and many tied to Shadow Isles. Don't try to mash them up and say it's the same, because the people that like the rich stories behind the game will be upset.

There you have it. That's how the map would be the best version it could be. Constructive enough? It's never going to happen. Beta or not, the map will not change dramatically to meet the standards of many of Riot's long time consumers. They have made this abundantly clear time and time again. Even their attempts are compromise usually only come after weeks of backlash and outrage. Finales Funkeln, anyone? I'm asking for both map. Both parties satisfied. I don't think that's an outrageous request, but I guess Riot sees it differently, and that's a bummer. I'll spend my money elsewhere and play on SR once or twice a week to keep friends off my case, and there are many in that boat with me.

Kokuryuu19

11-21-2012

This is what I feel riot did when they made the Shadow Isles map and replaced Twisted Treeline and ignored the players request to bring back the old map

......................//)
....................,/../
.................../..../
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(.......... ~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.
............\..............(
..............\.............\...