Dominion Test Group on the PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
Conclusions from tests last night:
-El's Miracle might not seem worthwhile. As advertised, it disappeared after 3 levels and reduced the CD on Revive by 20%, but I couldn't really feel the effects. Maybe if I had used it for bot lane it would've been different
Elise's Miracle should only decrease the cooldown if you have the passive when you actually cast Revive - I guess that's when the game calculates it. Meaning, most likely a hueg trap item.

What's the early consensus on the Icepuncher (frozen fist)? It looks pretty damn ridiculous from what I was reading xP

Demonite10

11-17-2012

The passive is alright...but the stats are beastly! As it looks, it's a mix of Sheen and Glacial Shroud, the combine cost is only 640, the aoe slow field didn't seem particularly powerful, the aoe Sheen proc was pretty sweet...it's a good item for tanky derps or tanks who want armor, CDR, mana, and AP. Also, I'm sure it'd work out great on tankies who have area of effect abilities. I used it both on Skarner and Naut and it does what you'd think it does - make you tanky, give you mana, and make you hit harder.

When would you build it instead of Triforce? Haven't figured this one out yet, but for every beefy champ I've played so far that I would normally grab Triforce on, I would get the Fister instead.

Side note - Saw an EZ running Fist...not sure what he was trying to do, but I'd imagine his Q having an aoe affect would be lulzy...not to mention he'd be tankier.

Another observation - There are several more items that increase movespeed now, so movespeed quints, even a single one, will go very, very far.

bierfaust

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroyok View Post
Cloth Armor is still 300 and Null Mantle is still 400, Chainmail is now 720 and Negatron is now 810. Giant's belt is now 1000...realized this last game - you can now start a Dom match with Giant's Belt and Boots 1.

As far as incentivizing not building 3-4 tank items...personally, I usually build a defense trifecta - 1 hp item, 1 armor item and 1 mresist item, +defense boots...so that'd come out to 3-4 tank items. The difference with S3 is, do I build Randuin or Frozen Heart or Frozen Fist? Do I build Spirit Visage or Odyn's Veil or Wraith Collar? Like reds mentioned, the item changes are aimed more at customizing your gameplay. You could play tanky Frozen Fist Skarner, or you could play Spellsword hybrid Skarner and go with Malady+Lichbane+Gunblade.

But back to the point...there probably isn't a reason not to build tanky derp on chars that benefit from it. Seriously. That said, tanky derps are passively nerfed by the other damage dealers being buffed. Support champs will be able to CC and remove CC via items. The changes definitely shake up the meta, and you can definitely expect tanky derp stacking to end.
That sounds really promising. Thanks for the heads up. Now all we need is Ranked.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

maybe frozen fist will be getting those triforc JAyce to think twce about the triforce? i know ie is stll a better solution but there are way less wasted stats on fist for Jayce than in triforce.

also how's crucible? that's te item that got me interested the most, can you use it wjile stunned so that you can either save yourself or an ally? or must you be not impaired as a requeriment to use it?.

DiscworldDeath

11-18-2012

Nothing on triforce is actually wasted on Jayce. It's just that there are way better items to spend his money on.

Argodis

11-18-2012

I'll add a few things:

- With the 25 increase in base movespeed and the 25 reduction on boots, many melee champs can forgo starting with boots as a 25 base difference in movement speed isn't really important at the first windmill fight. In fact, some melee champs are now just as fast without boots than some AP champs with boots. For example: After the change, Fiora has 350 base movespeed without boots. Zyra and Anivia have 350 base movespeed WITH boots. Assuming you start with at least a Prospector's item, not taking boots leaves you with 425g to mess around with.

- Crystalline Flask is a solid item imo. It's only 225g for 3 mana and 3 hp pots in 1 slot. It can only be used 3 times but recharges the 3 stacks whenever you return to base. It's basically a portable mini health relic.

- Going deep into the utility tree still feels bad on Dominion. The Defensive tree is even better now(Not that it was bad before).

Demonite10

11-20-2012

I managed to get it in...Crucible cannot be used while you're stunned...or at the very least, it sure didn't seem like it was working while I was stunned(I'm a smartcasting fiend, and there is no hotkey for self-item use). You can use it on yourself or an ally at anytime because it also has a small heal.

TCWA Tigerbite

11-20-2012

How are you guys even getting in PBE. I get an over 9000 q line that says 45 minutes. An hour later it says 25 minutes.

DiscworldDeath

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I'll add a few things:

- With the 25 increase in base movespeed and the 25 reduction on boots, many melee champs can forgo starting with boots as a 25 base difference in movement speed isn't really important at the first windmill fight. In fact, some melee champs are now just as fast without boots than some AP champs with boots. For example: After the change, Fiora has 350 base movespeed without boots. Zyra and Anivia have 350 base movespeed WITH boots. Assuming you start with at least a Prospector's item, not taking boots leaves you with 425g to mess around with.

- Crystalline Flask is a solid item imo. It's only 225g for 3 mana and 3 hp pots in 1 slot. It can only be used 3 times but recharges the 3 stacks whenever you return to base. It's basically a portable mini health relic.

- Going deep into the utility tree still feels bad on Dominion. The Defensive tree is even better now(Not that it was bad before).
1. This is really bad advice, due to the way auto attacks work, you stop for a slight second. If you have the exact same MS as someone you're trying to auto, you'll likely not get many autos off. And this only works for the very slowest of the enemy cast. Melee AA champs are the ones most reliant on still having boots, those that'll get caught anyway are the ones who stand to drop them early.

2. It's not 3 hp pots and 3 mana pots in one slot. It grants a total of 300 hp, or 2 HP potions, and 120 mana, which is not even a full mana potion.

Demonite10

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
How are you guys even getting in PBE. I get an over 9000 q line that says 45 minutes. An hour later it says 25 minutes.
I live in Korea...my 'primetime' is probably your twilight sleeping hours. But even then, there is only one PBE that holds all LoL players, so sometimes I also have this queue.