What is wrong with Sion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Mochi

11-20-2012

Why doesn't Sion fit the meta? I don't play him, but I am just wondering why. Is it because if you go AD, your shield is wasted, and if you go AP, your ult is wasted? Is it because he is a squishy melee character? Is it because Ignite counters him?

In a 3v3 yesterday we lost because of a Sion... he just wrecked us even though he wasn't the most fed on his team. He just had BT, PD and ulted. We couldn't handle :P

Rarely see him in 5's though, and if i do, he is AP. So what is up with him?

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Sion is an ugly character. Most of us do not like ugly characters, so we don't play him. Its not that he's terribad or anything. AD or AP both do a lot of damage, and a good AD Sion can carry a team if the enemy team is low on CC.

Its the same thing with Trundle, he's a good solid character. He's just ugly. People don't like ugly characters. Once they release a cool Sion skin or revamp sion's artwork, he'll become more popular.

chomcham

11-20-2012

^lol

OriginalJack

11-20-2012

AD sion is countered by ignite and odds are there will be somebody on the enemy team with ignite.

AP sion is good early but he isn't very effective when his combo is on cd.

Hellbringth4th

11-20-2012

Ironically, I love to play sion. I feel that he is much better as an AD. Hell, I've 1v5'd people on summoner's. He's probably not played often because he's not the "new and best". It's kinda like Urgot. Good champion, don't see them played much.

Slashinghardest

11-20-2012

Sion is mediocre. His two abilities scale purely on a ap build and the other require a pure ad/as build which just doesn't work well. His abilities havr bad synergy and there are absolutely nothing fun about playing him and he brings nothig to the table that says " Sion is right for this situation"

Squilk

11-20-2012

ad hes op i mean u gotta still build him a bit tanky and farm the hell outta his hp with his e skill
but for ap now a days hes useless there was a time when being an ap sion was the thing to do but it isnt now

ShinyPockets

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Sion is an ugly character. Most of us do not like ugly characters, so we don't play him. Its not that he's terribad or anything. AD or AP both do a lot of damage, and a good AD Sion can carry a team if the enemy team is low on CC.

Its the same thing with Trundle, he's a good solid character. He's just ugly. People don't like ugly characters. Once they release a cool Sion skin or revamp sion's artwork, he'll become more popular.
He's absolutely right.

deirin

11-20-2012

its like...sion ap stronk early fall late
and sion ad weak early, strong late(need to be farmed)

soo.....in both case he need kills to be strong...kinda unrealeble in ranked...same with tryn...item dependant...

I Love Slurpees

11-20-2012

Sion is only viable against a select amount of champs, thats what his problem is. Take movement speed quints on him and a 9/21/0 mastery tree. Try him out vs an irelia, you outdamage her at all levels and your ult gives you 100x more sustain than her w