[Featured Discussion] The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Nobody cares about SR.

(hah, always wanted to say that)
Well played, Fdru. Well played.

Rebonack

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Tear uses an internal charge system that banks up to 3 charges at once to help out burst casters. It's been this way for a while!
Fun-fact: Sheen, Trinity, and Lichbane used to work like this as well. Just with a bank of two charges.

Woohoo more burst!

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
Kha'zix, Pantheon, Urgot, Talon, Darius?
Wtf= do you even play Dominion? every single one of those is either Top tier or just downright Op in this mode special mentions to Kha'zix, Darius and Urgot, i'm getting the feeling you are in the wrong forum

Please when using the dev tracker check the Forums you are into before commenting....Sr forums that way ------------------>

AlphaFerric

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Wtf= do you even play Dominion? every single one of those is either Top tier or just downright Op in this mode special mentions to Kha'zix, Darius and Urgot, i'm getting the feeling you are in the wrong forum

Please when using the dev tracker check the Forums you are into before looking like a Moron, . and no i'm not stating that you are one i'm stating that you are making yourself looka s one....Sr forums that way ------------------>
ITT we learn how to be an ass to potential players who see that Dominion is actively getting support from Riot to improve the map. If you feel like unloading just yell at your monitor or something, otherwise you just sound like that hipster who gets mad when people haven't heard of his favorite band.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFerric View Post
ITT we learn how to be an ass to potential players who see that Dominion is actively getting support from Riot to improve the map. If you feel like unloading just yell at your monitor or something, otherwise you just sound like that hipster who gets mad when people haven't heard of his favorite band.
Okay erased the "offensive" parts i was not stating that he was it, just that he was making himself look like it because he didn't read

Second, he probably doesn't even care, he already downvoted Orphane for asking him if he even played Dominion he has no more than 40 Dominion games played, knows nothing about the gamemode as he already showed by stating that Radcs were OP and that SOme Op picks were UP, he's probably another Sr player just looking for rioters at the dev tracker without looking at what forums is it or even caring for the sake of Dominion i don't know you but i'm particularly tired of the "the 15 of you that still play Dominion look at alternative ways of it without bothering Riot with your joke mode that don't matter" answer that kind of players always give us, he probably would have given us that answer ANYWAYS and we don't need that people here. hell he's probably the type of player that would Open a thread at gd titeld "So Riot has time to Look into joke modes but won't give us another 5v5 map?"like some IRl already told me when i told them i preferred Dominion, their faces were full of rage and they yelled at me that dominion should be deleted he's probably that type of person and i repeat we don't need him here.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-19-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

I've had some inconclusive results testing this in bot games (generally end up with around 600/750 bonus mana in a 16 minute game). Ideally, I'd like for players to be able to hit the threshold around 10-12 minutes (if they start Tear) so that there's ample time to make use of the cool upgrades. I'm going to leave it as-is for 1.72, and highly encourage you guys to buy the Tear upgrades to see how often you're able to hit the cap under more realistic conditions.

Fox P McCloud

11-19-2012

Nome, who's in charge of items for Proving Grounds?

Because it has the same problems as Dominion does as far as "charging" goes on manamune/tear/archangels.

As far as Dominion goes, I'm still really scared for quick charges and Kassadin, who's already a complete nightmare.

MMKH

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Something to think about:
The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff "evolve" into new items once you've obtained the maximum of 750 bonus mana, gaining some pretty cool new functionality. However, it's unlikely that you'll be able to hit that cap on Dominion. Is it worth having a lower cap for Dominion?
I've maxed Tear on AP Corki back in the day when I rushed it, and this was going top lane. Probably would reach max stacks before any other character. I dunno about it now since his CDs got nerfed, and I usually find getting Chalice into Grail to be a better investment.

ploki122

11-19-2012

Just got full stacked muramana AND seraph in ARAM, so Sing can charge it pretty easily in ~9-10 mins... That pretty much shows how long it'll be for an ARAM (I had it in tear for the most part however)

Orphane

11-19-2012

The average length of my games in a relatively even match tends to run around 25 minutes, afaik. Given that it's nearly impossible to test Dominion games on the PBE with 10 people who know what they're doing (due to PBE login queue, time of day, etc.), I don't know where the threshold might be reached given that most people would probably not start Tear. Are most people (who aren't filthy Kass spammers) going to get Tear even when the itemization patch goes live? :/