If you're a gold player...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

limbrok

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMiTzNhan View Post
Was it Dryus?
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡)
No. I honestly don't remember the guy's name.

Alumenlux

11-19-2012

My plat is from ranked 5s and I didn't care about solo queue and I finished in the 1700s for s2. I don't even know why my border is gold cos I imagine ranked 5s to be worth just as much but w/e.

I got to high 1700s in a couple days when s3 started and there aren't too many s2 gold players in my queues. Whenever I lose a game chances are there'll be someone who simply grinded solo elo flaming the gold border.

Obviously gold players shouldn't have egos (1500-1700 was just stomp after stomp) but at the same time plats/diamonds shouldn't assume skill level based on border either. But it's solo queue so what are you going to do

Foomps

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neragic View Post
How am I contradicting myself?

I clearly said it's the opposite when a statistically "better" player criticizes a statistically "worse" player.
gold is statistically better than silver and bronze, so why isn't it okay for a gold player to criticize a silver and bronze player

MichaeI Jaxon

11-19-2012

Quote:
That's the opposite. Plats are most definitely better than golds, and diamonds are most definitely better than plats. If a diamond player told me to give him a position and he was lower than me in queue, I would give it to him if he provided me with proof.
You're the scum of this community for saying that. If I beat a diamond Irelia solo top as a gold Jax (Which I did yesterday, Lolking it if you must), does that theoretically mean that I'm now a diamond tier player and I should be revered by degenerates like you as a pro? NO!
You're physical evidence of the elitist trash in this community. Get out.

limbrok

11-19-2012

Quote:
How am I contradicting myself?

I clearly said it's the opposite when a statistically "better" player criticizes a statistically "worse" player.
Just because you are gold now doesn't give you a right to blame others on your team. If you honestly deserve to go back to plat or eventually reach diamond, then yes, you will get back to there. Don't go blaming all the "noobies" on your team for your misfortune. Until you go back to where you were in Season 2, you are what your ELO says. This is the beauty of ELO compression (soft reset) as opposed to hard reset.

Surakai

11-19-2012

gold has nothing to do with it, it's just how many retarded gamers act like. if they didn't have it, they would make up some random bull**** instead such as "im a smurf lulululuullll"

I personally only use the whole "gold" thing if some one below me starts trash talking because they expect me to save their asses even tho they die every 2 minutes or if I am having a bad game.

shadowshifte

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
You're the scum of this community for saying that. If I beat a diamond Irelia solo top as a gold Jax (Which I did yesterday, Lolking it if you must), does that theoretically mean that I'm now a diamond tier player and I should be revered by degenerates like you as a pro? NO!
You're physical evidence of the elitist trash in this community. Get out.
irelia may have been diamond but does she main irelia? if not the argument doesn't work as well.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I agree with the 2 first sentences of OP, after that I'm just lost. Random quotes making not much sense.... hum...

And I haven't seen any problem related to bragging about elo/reward or anything else, so yeah useless thread and complain.

Supahjeenius

11-19-2012

I like this OP
he says to throw out your ego and then telling people how much better he is.

eBlossom

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmere View Post
I agree with the 2 first sentences of OP, after that I'm just lost. Random quotes making not much sense.... hum...

And I haven't seen any problem related to bragging about elo/reward or anything else, so yeah useless thread and complain.
Those are the things said by the gold players who are higher in queue than I am, and then they end up doing extremely poorly, not reflecting their relative "skill".