Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Mandible

11-18-2012

I only buy it if there's a Wukong, Vayne, or Talon on the opposing team.

Redenbacher

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Let's talk about this item. How often is it purchased? How is its buildup? What would be the ramifications if it were removed?
I actually really appreciate this item, primarily for it's passive. It's a devastating counter to champions like Wukong, Kha'Zix, and Vayne who have active stealth.

...but that's exactly the problem I now have with it. It's not consistent with the changes made to Hextech Sweeper.

Similar to the old Sweeper, a champion could purchase this item and passively shut down an enemy stealth-reliant champion. Just like the old sweeper, this adds no gameplay, and makes your auto-attacker a super hard-counter to the enemy stealth champion without thinking or action required on their part outside of 'right-click'.

My question to you is: Why is it OK to have a passive reveal on auto-attack, but not a passive reveal on spell cast?

The only justification I can think of is that it is a counter that can be counter-played by the enemy stealth-reliant champion, if they can target and focus this auto-attacker intelligently before they are hit with an auto-attack. Spells, AoE in particular, can just be fired off and will likely hit the target, revealing them.

That being said, what about changing Lightbringer to a Dominion version of Grez's Spectral Lantern?

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-19-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Updated the first post.

The buildup of 1.72 Grez's Spectral Lantern is slightly different. It'll be S3 Vamp Scepter (800 gold) + Cloth Armor + 150 recipe.

Redenbacher

11-19-2012

Are you saying Dominion gets it's own special Grez's Lantern with a unique recipe? Or has the recipe since dropped Razors?

Zerglinator

11-19-2012

Quote:
Updated the first post.

The buildup of 1.72 Grez's Spectral Lantern is slightly different. It'll be S3 Vamp Scepter (800 gold) + Cloth Armor + 150 recipe.
Lifesteal will be back on Grez's? Cool!

urmamasllama

11-19-2012

Was just about to ask about that since madreds is very much something dominion shouldn't have it would make ADC in bot lane way too strong

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-19-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Are you saying Dominion gets it's own special Grez's Lantern with a unique recipe? Or has the recipe since dropped Razors?
It's dropped Madred's Razors. I'm very heavily leaning towards Grez upgrading into Lightbrighter right now--not sure whether to keep the persistent vision passive though.

Orphane

11-19-2012

Interesting. We'll see how it works, I guess.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-19-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Was just about to ask about that since madreds is very much something dominion shouldn't have it would make ADC in bot lane way too strong
It will have a weaker version of the passive effect (20% chance to deal 200 magic damage).

Arance

11-19-2012

Quote:
It will have a weaker version of the passive effect (20% chance to deal 200 magic damage).
Why even bother having it at all? The quoted scenario is the only possible use for it in all of Dom, I don't see why anyone top lane would really want it.

Also I vote against keeping the passive sight. Its really good if on a ranged champion that can hit you before you go into stealth/brush, and then ranges from underwhelming to useless in every other case.