Why can we not use Madred's Bloodrazor in 3's?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genes1s Pr1me

11-18-2012

Why? I LOVE this item despite some people claiming it is worthless. I usually build it on MF and then build pure AD afterwards, it makes her damage output sick! I really don't understand why they would disable it and then not put in an item that would do something similar.

Rompedor

11-18-2012

If I'm not mistaken, blade of the ruined king has a similar effect to champs that have high health. There's no attack speed but has life steal. So it's not the same but it's kinda similar.

Phourc

11-18-2012

It's a 'trap' item - Since it does magic damage you need magic pen to make it do more damage, and as an AD character you'll be hyper-scaling your physical damage with AD, Crit, Armor pen and Attackspeed. Basically, because of how scaling works, there's rarely a situation where it adds more damage than just more AD Carry stats.

Roman

11-18-2012

i remember it being really good on teemo. the new blade item kind of sucks on him now imo

Naxc

11-19-2012

I dunno but i'd totally take maldread + blade of the ruined king for a nice 8% max life taken / hit

Thats probably why its not there.

Villanz

11-19-2012

Blade of the ruined king.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-19-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It's being removed from Season 3.
We may add a new alternative (aside from Blade of the Ruined King).

THC DadLife

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Yeah BRK doesn't fill the same slot as razor did. With no AS on it you can't build it very early when playing on-hit, which kinda sucks.

Btw hi Mynimoe :3

Panwar

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporal courage View Post
Yeah BRK doesn't fill the same slot as razor did. With no AS on it you can't build it very early when playing on-hit, which kinda sucks.

Btw hi Mynimoe :3
Very early you would want a Wits End or Malady, not a Madred's.

THC DadLife

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Quote:
Very early you would want a Wits End or Malady, not a Madred's.
I'm not suggesting a 1st item Maldred's lol. But when against enemies with a fair amount of health, you could grab a Maldred's before to counter, for example on J4, or Udyr. Now it is good for healing but thats the more attractive function.